Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Drinking and Egging

Options
ewyllins
ewyllins Posts: 461
I know there are Buckeyes out there that don't like the OT but cant help describe what happens when I do the two things I like...Drinking and Egging:

Last week was excited cause I picked up some really nice Beef Ribs from my local butcher, brought them home, admired them, and threw them in the fridge. Saturday I woke up seasoned them with some S&P while the egg was doing its thing around 250 and after about an hour or so I threw them on. At this point I started drinking champagne and beer and forgot to get a pic, decided no big deal I'll get one later when I check up on it. Sunday when I woke up the beef ribs were no where to be found except for a couple of bones so I have no idea if they were good however I went to check the egg and everything was put back together, i.e the green cap back on the top. Did notice the Daisy wheel is missing and I couldn't find it, I've been looking for this damn thing for five days and finally found it in the corner of my garage ways away from where the egg is located. 

Moral of the story...Drink before I start looking for the Daisy wheel and always check the corner of the garage.

This might be another rough weekend.
O-Town, FL

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

This happened to me a couple of times when I still had my stick burner and had to “tend” the fire during the cook.

Never a good feeling. 

The Egg has remedied that a bunch.  It’s pretty much a set it and forget it.  Other than me coming by to smell the cook or sauce/rotate the meat.  It’s the post meal music and drinks that can get me these days.  Cheers!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Preach on! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Please tell me how this is Off Topic?

NOLA
  • ewyllins
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Please tell me how this is Off Topic?

More of a dig at the other OT post from this morning.
    O-Town, FL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Late to this one but I have been there before.  According to post-consumption sensations, they were cooked and consumed with no evidence.  BGE in normal shutdown condition.  I did vaguely recall prepping them but that was the end of the line.  All good.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Twp
    f ymfavorote things!  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ewyllins
    Options
    Damn its on now
    O-Town, FL

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Oh the stories Basil and I could share......but we will not.
    If I have any self respect left or a miniscule amount of dignity, I would like to keep it, just a bit longer, If I may.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I, for one sir, have no idea about what you are speaking. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    I, for one sir, have no idea about what you are speaking. 
    Just like @The Cen-Tex Smoker, I don't recall ever having any events like that either.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    This happened to me one time in key west, except it was fish that was pan frying on the stove and I woke up buck naked on the floor of someone else's bedroom... they said the fish was good though
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Need I say more?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Well done sir @Mickey

XL BGE
    MD
  • ewyllins
    Options
    Fantastic @Mickey
    O-Town, FL

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Need I say more?
    Never fails to bring a smile to my face. One of the all-timers!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Yeah, but Mickey is old, not as old as me, but old, his wings a la carbon are the result of a nap, not adult beverage. 
    The arguement about using the DFMT vs bottom vent for temp control in an egg is easily answered - every time I bend over to adjust the bottom vent, I spill my drink, hence I've learned to use the Daisy wheel. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Yeah, but Mickey is old, not as old as me, but old, his wings a la carbon are the result of a nap, not adult beverage. 
    The arguement about using the DFMT vs bottom vent for temp control in an egg is easily answered - every time I bend over to adjust the bottom vent, I spill my drink, hence I've learned to use the Daisy wheel. 
    Out of curiosity, I will be 70 in March and you?
    Adult beverage was the reason for the nap (adult beverage and a very bad Dallas Cowboy game). 
    I don't bend over to adjust my bottom vent, that is what LawnRanger make GridLifters for.
    Got to tell you I love your sig: Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.