Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    edited June 2017
    I'll post a soon as I receive my package...I'm anxiously awaiting  B)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    ColtsFan said:
    I'll post a soon as I receive my package...I'm anxiously awaiting  B)
    I'm right there with ya pardner. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Me too!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    slovelad said:
    What makes studying for the bar exam a little more bearable?

watching the FedEx truck drop off this awesome package from @Cashfan

i feel like I have a lifetime worth of rubs! He really put a lot of thought into this box and included some really unique stuff , including rubs that came in small Mason jars, which I have never seen before

my favorite is the "u betcha" rubs in the middle, I had a friend in college from Minnesota who would always say that phrase

Also, cashfan gets the award for best rapped package as well, i felt like a little kid trying to get all the rapper off and make sure I didn't miss any! (For reference, that's the empty box)

Nice!............Try studying for your exam IN a Bar...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    slovelad said:
    What makes studying for the bar exam a little more bearable?

watching the FedEx truck drop off this awesome package from @Cashfan

i feel like I have a lifetime worth of rubs! He really put a lot of thought into this box and included some really unique stuff , including rubs that came in small Mason jars, which I have never seen before

my favorite is the "u betcha" rubs in the middle, I had a friend in college from Minnesota who would always say that phrase

Also, cashfan gets the award for best rapped package as well, i felt like a little kid trying to get all the rapper off and make sure I didn't miss any! (For reference, that's the empty box)

Hope you like those rubs!

I send packages about twice a year, I tend to overstuff. better safe than sorry!!

I am anxiously waiting for my package, it should be here tomorrow. It is going to be hard to work all day knowing the package is coming........
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Mine is arriving tomorrow and it just happens to be my work from home day. :lucky:
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• @slovelad good god man. 

That haul is gonna cost you a $2k Costco run to find enough meat to use it all!!  Nice score. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Mine is arriving tomorrow and it just happens to be my work from home day. :lucky:
    Just happened to be sick?
  • I'm on vacation so I don't know if mine has arrived or not! Excited to get home to see!
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Mine arrived today from Pennsylvania!! I have never tried any of these before and I have been wanting to try some of these for quite some time. Huge thanks to Steel_egg (Chad) for my package! I am blown away by all the good stuff in here! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Mine arrived today from Pennsylvania!! I have never tried any of these before and I have been wanting to try some of these for quite some time. Huge thanks to Steel_egg (Chad) for my package! I am blown away by all the good stuff in here! 

Hope you enjoy!  Looks like everything arrived safely. 
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    slovelad said:
    Just happened to be sick?
    Ha, us IT folks get one wfh day a week and all week wfh when on call. Pretty good setup.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Sucks being away for work. I bet it's sitting there at home just waiting....
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Chris8938
    Chris8938 Posts: 156
    Well @Navymom really hooked me up!  I have never had any of these rubs.  To say I am excited is an understatement.  I am really looking forward to the Pinto Bean seasoning as I am kind of a bean junkie!  

My wife has forbidden me from any more rub purchases.  I had to take over a cupboard from her.  I will have to bribe her with the Beaver Nuggets she has already told me!  Once again, thank you @Navymom, Christie, for all of the goodies and the nice note.
    XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 
  • I use most of those rubs. You will really like them. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    I ended up taking a whole shelf in my office bookcase for my new rubs.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• motsol
    motsol Posts: 28
    edited June 2017
    Just got home from a great vacation with the family and to top it off had a great surprise waiting from me. You have out done yourself @BJM2932

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    edited June 2017
    I had the pleasure of opening my gift from Jonathan @Hook_emHornsfan_74. The doorbell rang a little after lunch, while i was busy on a conference call. I put the team on hold....telling them I had a most important interruption I needed to deal with. I brought it inside, and quickly brought the call to an early end. I am most appreciative of the gift and all that it encompasses.

Photos of Jonathan's generosity. 

I have read a great deal over the last couple of years about many of the local products (Meat Church & Franklin for example). I have never had the opportunity to try them. That all comes to an end today.

The Sauces

The Rubs

The Rubs continued.....

The Rubs continued.....

Mesquite smoking chips.....

I have enjoyed this years exchange and appreciate JONATHAN for his exchange selections. I would also like to thank all of you who participated this year. I was fortunate to be trading with Texans on both the giving and receiving end. A shout out....Don't mess with Texas....

A special thanks to @Cazzy for his leadership and giving of his time. Again this year, it has been a great experience. I am looking forward to getting started this weekend. Happy Independence Day JS and all.

Robin
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Funny you say that.....I have a shelf in my office closet that houses my rubs and sauces. No way they get into the main pantry.

• northGAcock
    Got my shipping notification from Texas to Tennessee yesterday to be delivered Thursday.

I guess that gave you the day off from the binoculars. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    @Gulfcoastguy really went all out with my box!  I actually received it on Thursday night - but had to head out to travel with little time to say thanks.  Brad hooked me up with awesome Mississippi and gulf coast goodies.  I've been wanting to try The Shed stuff for a long time.  Got some killer cajun sauces and rubs, even sent me some recipes to try with them.  Can't wait to get home and get cooking!  Thanks, Brad!  And thanks to @cazzy for doing this again - way fun!
    I contacted the company, 2sisterssalsa.com, about the lid problem. They offered to send a replacement to Chip and myself. That is excellent customer service and I recommend that people visit their website and perhaps order some.

gulfcoastguy
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2017
    Funny you say that.....I have a shelf in my office closet that houses my rubs and sauces. No way they get into the main pantry.
    You need to come out of the closet my friend. Be proud of who you are and your rubs. =)
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• northGAcock
    You need to come out of the closet my friend. Be proud of who you are and your rubs. =)
    Stooooop it!

• @northGAcock I didn't realize how many rubs I sent until your post. You will have to let me know how the Texas Dust rubs are. I'm not allowed to buy anymore for a while.   The Salt Lick sauce is by far one of my all time favorites. I went with the classic sauce. They have other flavors as well. If you like them let me know. I'll send more your way!!
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • northGAcock
    @northGAcock I didn't realize how many rubs I sent until your post. You will have to let me know how the Texas Dust rubs are. I'm not allowed to buy anymore for a while.   The Salt Lick sauce is by far one of my all time favorites. I went with the classic sauce. They have other flavors as well. If you like them let me know. I'll send more your way!!
    I will venture into the Salt Lick this weekend. I needed that direction to point me too the starting gate. 

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,505
    BJM2932 said
    Had a nice surprise waiting for me in the mailbox today.  Thanks so much @EggMcMic for the awesome care package from Illinois! I haven't had the pleasure of trying any of these products, but am certainly looking forward to it. I was opening the package just as my wife came home from work, and she yelled it's like BBQ Christmas! Thanks again, this was so much fun. 
    County Bob's main product is their all purpose sauce not the rub. I use if all the time. The rub and  bbq sauce are new 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Chris8938 said:
    Well @Navymom really hooked me up!  I have never had any of these rubs.  To say I am excited is an understatement.  I am really looking forward to the Pinto Bean seasoning as I am kind of a bean junkie!  
    My wife has forbidden me from any more rub purchases.  I had to take over a cupboard from her.  I will have to bribe her with the Beaver Nuggets she has already told me!  Once again, thank you @Navymom, Christie, for all of the goodies and the nice note.
    I thought the wife was suppose to bribe with beaver nuggets...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL