Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• lol I see. 
    Snellville, GA

• fiver29 said:
    Whoa.  Doorbells rings.  And @BulletGrillHouse destroys my front porch!!  Formerly CM23, you represented the great state of Texas!!  I'm super excited to try these.  I've never had anything here.  Yes!!  Thank you!!

**I would have posted this sooner.  But I had to ice my back first.**

Hope you enjoy, Feeding Frenzy is made by a friend, check out his site for some good recipes.   http://www.fishcavelures.com/recipes/ I have contributed some cooks.

XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Now I get to brag on @Tspud1.  Thank you so much for the great package.  It just kept going and going and more things came out of that box than I think could fit in it.  WHATS IN THE BOX???? WHATS IN THE BOX????
    I've never had any of these before, but I wanted to use many of them.  I'm most excited for: the Oakridge brine and Santa Maria seasoning, the John Henry Pecan rub, the three little pigs rub l (I've competed at the American Royal before, so I know winning that multiple times isn't easy) and the Plowboys Yardbird (I've had that in my Amazon cart multiple times). I'm looking forward to everything else as well.   Thanks again. I really appreciate it, and thanks to @cazzy for putting this together.  

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    @Tspud1.  Thanks also for the picture w your Egg on it.  It will be nice for my guys to have a buddy up north!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Yes I think that it must have made one leg of the trip air freight in a non pressurized hold. I have a plan to handle that for the replacement sister. Those red headed Cajun gals can really get wild.
    Where did you get the 2 sisters, I am interested trying some of that.  J Lees is great.  The spicy is even better. I sent some to my pick last year.  Wish I would have done it this year but I have been out of town and busy while the sign up was going on. 
    Wiggins, MS
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Practically across the street at Rouse's supermarket in Ocean Springs MS.  It is actually $2.99 per glass jar right now or $2.00 off. You won't find it at Walmart. I don't know about the Piggly Wiggly. I spent close to two years at Wiggins btw rebuilding the Dizzy Dean Rest Area, my name is on the plaque on the building. 
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Nothing like getting home on a Sunday night to a box of goodies from Central Texas!!  Huge thanks to @SciAggie for introducing me to towns I'd never heard of (Lowake??) and tastes I know I'm gonna love. And Mexican Oregano!  I'd thought that was something else and maybe Jeff Sessions won't let me have it . . . but I'm not here to stir up a political pot.  My spoon is going to be too busy stirring pots of chili and pork adovada with all those peppers!  

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    This one wins so far.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @HendersonTRKing I'm glad all arrived safely. I hope you enjoy the flavors.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    @SciAggie What is a mesquite bean? I have never heard of that or it's jelly.

Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Brason Mesquite beans are a seed pod from a mesquite tree. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Got back from Houston last night after midnight to a big box on my porch from @ColtsFan.  Can't wait to get home from work and look at all the goodies.  I am packing up my box and mailing it out today.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    You guys are all killing it. Wow. Amazing packages. I may have to open mine back up and add to it....
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    stv8r said:
    Mine arrived today from @Greedygoat Greg outdid himself for sure!  Lots of new things to try!!  Thank you so much Greg!
    You're welcome, I'm glad it all arrived safely.  Enjoy!
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Greetings From Wisconsin starts off my elfster package.  imagoodegg enclosed several local mustards from the local mustard museum, some rare REAL maple syrup, some of Stumps hot olives, my friend "Lambchop" spied them and off she went to make a martineye. Several rubs and sauces we also enclosed, however photobucket is not co-operating with me this day so even without pics it did happen.  Thank you Tanya Erickson and famly so very much from here in melbooring Fl
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Richard, I'm glad it all arrived safely! You are so welcome, enjoy!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Greetings From Wisconsin starts off my elfster package.  imagoodegg enclosed several local mustards from the local mustard museum, some rare REAL maple syrup, some of Stumps hot olives, my friend "Lambchop" spied them and off she went to make a martineye. Several rubs and sauces we also enclosed, however photobucket is not co-operating with me this day so even without pics it did happen.  Thank you Tanya Erickson and famly so very much from here in melbooring Fl

Email me the pics and I'll upload em direct.  Check your inbox.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Got back from Houston last night after midnight to a big box on my porch from @ColtsFan.  Can't wait to get home from work and look at all the goodies.  I am packing up my box and mailing it out today.  

Don't forget to upload pics.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Got home from work a little early today since I knew my package had arrived. It all made it in once piece!  Thanks @RRog17 for sending a slice of Carolina BBQ. I've been trying to get my wife to move that way for years. I doubt this will help but it will sure give me some additional ammo. 
    Thanks again @cazzy for setting this up. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    edited June 2017
    steel_egg said:
    Got home from work a little early today since I knew my package had arrived. It all made it in once piece!  Thanks @RRog17 for sending a slice of Carolina BBQ. I've been trying to get my wife to move that way for years. I doubt this will help but it will sure give me some additional ammo. 
    The 12 Bones Smokehouse.....one of my favorite stops in Asheville. love there Blueberry sauce. Nice box there all the way around.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 564
    steel_egg said:
    Great! Hope you enjoy it!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    My Elfster package arrived today, don't know who to thank, there wasn't a note in the box. Can't wait to try these, we love chilies and the flavors of NM. The package was shipped from Albuquerque. Thank you @cazzy for putting this together and letting is lurkers play.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Got home from work today to finally got to go through the wonderful box of goodies that @ColtsFan sent my way.  I am really looking forward to trying all of these wonderful goodies.  Thank you so much for everything.  The generosity on this site is mind blowing. Thank you as well crazy for setting this up. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Navymom said:
    My Elfster package arrived today, don't know who to thank, there wasn't a note in the box. Can't wait to try these, we love chilies and the flavors of NM. The package was shipped from Albuquerque. Thank you @cazzy for putting this together and letting is lurkers play.
    I got a bottle of that Serrano apricot redlaw sauce in the exchange last year. You're in for a treat!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Got home from work today to finally got to go through the wonderful box of goodies that @ColtsFan sent my way.  I am really looking forward to trying all of these wonderful goodies.  Thank you so much for everything.  The generosity on this site is mind blowing. Thank you as well crazy for setting this up. 
    I'm glad everything survived the trip. You're very welcome and I know you'll put it to good use!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• @Hook_emHornsfan_74 if you mix that Blues Hog and Tennessee Red together you're in for a treat as well. Mixing those two is my favorite BBQ sauce for most pork and chicken. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Thanks again @cazzy I'm waiting in anticipation for mine and it's my bday week so even better!
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    A big Thank you to @nissan97240 for the great assortment of rubs & sauces I received today. It felt like Christmas opening them up.  Can't wait to put these to use.  Also want to Thank @cazzy & everyone who helped make this happen.  It was a lot of fun & looking forward to the next one.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 231
    Navymom said:
    This was from me. Sorry I forgot the note. I tried to send a message on the Elfster site. Enjoy and gigem!
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 if you mix that Blues Hog and Tennessee Red together you're in for a treat as well. Mixing those two is my favorite BBQ sauce for most pork and chicken. 
    So funny that you say that! That's exactly what I recommended in the letter that I sent with it. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!