Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Men's Division One 2017 Basketball Tournament- OT (Edit: no clue how this landed in "pork"...)

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,337
edited March 2017 in Pork
Figure I would serve this up now so that some of the long-running, wide-ranging threads don't get contaminated with all the soon-to-be whining and moaning once the field is filled and the match-ups are in play.  
This year is wide-open and should produce some great games and upsets.  Ladies and gentlemen, "start your engines."
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Figure I would serve this up now so that some of the long-running, wide-ranging threads don't get contaminated with all the soon-to-be whining and moaning once the field is filled and the match-ups are in play.  
    This year is wide-open and should produce some great games and upsets.  Ladies and gentlemen, "start your engines."
    Great move.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Options
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Oh yeah... we need this...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    Options
    UCLA, North Carolina and Kentucky in the same region. Toughest bracket by far.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I agree..... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    WFO. 
    Wide friggin open. 

And setting the brackets is clearly a very difficult job so I don't tend to second-guess or criticize. 

With that said, I think that having fans discuss/argue/whine/second-guess, etc is fun. I just can't stand it from coaches. The coach just needs to tell his players to shut and win whoever they play, wherever they play. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    But Duke got screwed.   =)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Gotta agree with @YukonRon regarding the regions and strength of opponents.   This whole dance is gonna be tough to pick with any confidence.
    Someone will get hot and make a deep run.  Regardless, some great games on the horizon.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Yeah, they did not get their regular cakewalk. I think they have the easiest path for a number 2.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I agree..... 
    Whoever comes out of this bracket could easily win it all

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Vegas has given Duke the best odds at winning the tournament 5-1.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    Yeah, they did not get their regular cakewalk. I think they have the easiest path for a number 2.
    That doesn't make any sense. They are the 2 in the bracket with the overall #1

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    That doesn't make any sense. They are the 2 in the bracket with the overall #1
    It's after 3pm on a Sunday - Ron is blitzed.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    With Kentucky and Carolina likely meeting up in the Elite Eight, I won't blame either Brent or Ron if they suddenly "become ill" before the Butt Blast this year.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @Foghorn @johnincarolina

Puhleeezzzz. Duke fans whining about not getting secret service protection all the way to the final 4. They have the most favorable path, Vegas recognizes it, and has them the odds on fave to win it all. C'mon Man.
    First things first. Both teams need to win some games before they meet.
    UK lost to UCLA early and beat UNC early.
    Who knows.
    No matter what happens in college basketball, it won't keep me out of the NCBB.
    It will be interesting to see how Duke and UNC perform in the early rounds, not playing at "home" this year, as they have in years past, in the tournament

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I can't believe we got overlooked this year- no idea what the committee was thinking. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Kentucky's gonna be lucky to make it past Dayton.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Kentucky's gonna be lucky to make it past Dayton.
    I think any team in this March Madness, that wins two games in this tournament, can win it all. 
    Dayton is pretty tough, and could give anyone fits. If UK faces them, should Dayton get through their first game, it will be tough.
    We will see what happens......

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    UCLA, North Carolina and Kentucky in the same region. Toughest bracket by far.
    Ummm, UCLA, Oregon, and Arizona?  Bracket of champions!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Foghorn
    Options
    @YukonRon, I was totally joking about "Duke got screwed".  I think that having them as a 2 or a 3 seed would be fair.

But, I do think that any team in the bracket with the #1 overall seed can't be described as having an easy path to the Final Four.

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THEY DIDNT GET THE PANSY PATH TO THE FINAL FOUR.  HALALUJAH.  UNBELIEVABLE.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I agree..... 
    I agree... who gets out of this bracket would have done something...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I agree..... 
    I agree... who gets out of this bracket would have done something...
    True enough.  But like when UK went 39-1, you've had so many tough games prior the big party your worn down a good bit.  Makes it tougher.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bgebrent - dang - I live here (not a native) and I even I know that run was a 38-1 year.  And had Calipari not felt some sort of obligation to play the Harrisons at the end of the WI game (with Booker and Ulis on the bench) the outcome likely would have been totally different.  But you can't replay the game.  Too bad but he hosed that big-time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - dang - I live here (not a native) and I even I know that run was a 38-1 year.  And had Calipari not felt some sort of obligation to play the Harrisons at the end of the WI game (with Booker and Ulis on the bench) the outcome likely would have been totally different.  But you can't replay the game.  Too bad but he hosed that big-time.
    He "Kentuckyed" it.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    this is going to be a great march madness! looking forward to this tournament.  and eating wings.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Who does Putin have to win it?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Legume -  Syracuse!