Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The rubber match!

Options
For the game tonight (if I have to explain, you ain't from round here) I plan on apps.  mild wings, jalapeño poppers stuffed with goats cheese wraped in bacon, shrimp wrapped in bacon sprinkled with meat church gospel. Cheerwine floats to wash it down. 
I'm pulling out the big guns and going with heavenly intervention.  We've invided our Pastor, his wife and six kids down to watch. Pic's to follow.

TAR!!!!!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So lite on the cussing? Food sounds good. What game?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey said:
    The greatest rivalry in American sports, separated by 8 miles as the crow fly's.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Ha!  Unfortunately traveling tonight.  I might be able to catch the first half in the armpit of the Southeast, otherwise known as the Atlanta airport.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Ha!  Unfortunately traveling tonight.  I might be able to catch the first half in the armpit of the Southeast, otherwise known as the Atlanta airport.
    Careful with toe-tapping in the bathroom stalls.......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I thought the toe-tapping was primarily at MSP.
    And it should be a good barometer for each team as they head into the dance.  
    BTW- @bucky925 - nice spread.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I thought the toe-tapping was primarily at MSP.
    And it should be a good barometer for each team as they head into the dance.  
    BTW- @bucky925 - nice spread.
    Yes the incident took place in MSP but I sure would hate to find out that it works the same in Atlanta by accident......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mickey
    Options
    Mickey said:
    The greatest rivalry in American sports, separated by 8 miles as the crow fly's.
    Just what two Texas teams are involved?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Mickey  Cowboys and Mavericks??  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Mickey  Cowboys and Mavericks??  =)
    Thanks, I like to keep current. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    HEELS!!!!!!     
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    The prep.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Go Devils!

But I'll be at the Salado preparty cooking up some award winning wings while the game is on so I maybnot see much. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bucky925
    Options
    Getting ready to fire up the egg, but first I needed to make sure everyone coming is appropriately dressed. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Duke is playing like dogsh!t.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Love those patented Duke runs!
  • bucky925
    Options
    At least we ate well,

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I can't believe Carolina lost. Neutral floor too.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I can't believe Carolina lost. Neutral floor too.
    That was a game of two halves.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Two teams very capable of making deep runs in the tourney.   It's going to be a fun March.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    When those two meet, it doesn't matter how well either has been playing, what kind of season they've had. It just matters that it's Duke and Carolina. Two boxers slugging it out. I was surprised by the first half, didn't figure Duke would be so out of it. Not so surprised by the second. You just KNEW whoever was down, they'd make a run.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YukonRon
    Options
    When those two meet, it doesn't matter how well either has been playing, what kind of season they've had. It just matters that it's Duke and Carolina. Two boxers slugging it out. I was surprised by the first half, didn't figure Duke would be so out of it. Not so surprised by the second. You just KNEW whoever was down, they'd make a run.
    Anything can happen, I get that. So far if memory serves me correctly, Louisville has never won an ACC tournament game, and two of the projected #1 seeds have lost in their conference tournaments(UNC and Kansas), yeah, March Madness is officially here.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @YukonRon - True with L'ville.  Played two games-North Carolina two years ago and Thurs with Duke.  Tough hill to climb.  
    But this is as wide-open a field as I can recall.  There are at least 6-8 teams that can put together the 6 game run but luck will certainly be a key participant.  My early choice is UCLA but then they tanked last night-who knows.  And yes I watch lot of college B'ball this time of year. Definitely beats listening to the final on the radio (yep-that's where it was) in the early 60's. ( And I grew up in upstate NY-go figure.)  I have accumulated a few laps of the sun.  ;)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The ACC is ridiculously deep this year.  That's why Carolina will likely receive a one seed despite the loss last night: they came out on top of the toughest conference.
  • lousubcap
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina -  totally agree.  Will have to see where the "sleeper" teams get seeded Sunday to look for the upsets.  The most interesting right now are the last ones in and those first out just because the top two lines are pretty solid as is the three line.  Tournament outcomes may move the last of two's/first of three's but not much.
    Not to blow smoke here but the way Duke has played in the tournament to date definitely has them as one of the favorites.  Hang on-it's gonna be a fun ride.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I was thinking UCLA too. However, anyone has a chance to go deep. Depends on who has got it wired tight heading into the tournament. Surprised Florida took a bow last night, too. They are better than what they showed.
    Kentucky, (yeah, I am a homer) lost 3-4 games earlier in the season, during injuries, and players down with flu. They are all back and playing well. Not convinced they are F4, but who knows....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    It is definitely not going to be UCLA.  Great fun to watch, and will probably make a deep run, but any of the other top teams will torch them.  To win it all you need to at least be competent on defense.

I'll probably pick Kansas when I fill out my bracket, but there are about 6 or 7 teams I could talk myself into.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Acn - I'm always looking for the just below the surface team to come thru.  If (key word) I ever get it right, then I'm home-free.  I can't go with the favorites to win as that means the early round games will impact the outcome.  Ride a dark horse and the first two rounds don't matter much.  Fun times for sure.  Good luck-
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina -  totally agree.  Will have to see where the "sleeper" teams get seeded Sunday to look for the upsets.  The most interesting right now are the last ones in and those first out just because the top two lines are pretty solid as is the three line.  Tournament outcomes may move the last of two's/first of three's but not much.
    Not to blow smoke here but the way Duke has played in the tournament to date definitely has them as one of the favorites.  Hang on-it's gonna be a fun ride.
    Duke is *capable* of beating anyone when they're playing well.  Carolina too.  But they're also capable of playing poorly, as evidenced by the first half last night - a lot of sloppy plays, lackluster D.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Great championship game right now-Duke and Notre Dame.  Last one with the ball should win.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great championship game right now-Duke and Notre Dame.  Last one with the ball should win.
    Great game.