Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC Coolers on Sale!

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    BbqDave said:

Ordered a 65 last night.  Best price I've ever seen.  Interesting side note - all their products now only have a 30 day warranty.  The coolers use to have a seven year warranty.  That's a heck of a change.  I contacted them to confirm, and sadly, all their products are now only warrantied for 30 days.  Be sure to thoroughly test all of your new coolers ASAP.

That's ridiculous. I didn't know that before I purchased one 

tells me they dont don't have much confidence in their product. 30 day warranty on anything is not very good
    I mean, it's a cooler.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,035
    Options
    Griffin said:
    WeberWho said:
    dopey said:
    I'm still the dumbass that buys Newbalance sneakers for 200 for the model that's made in USA.  Redwing boots for $325 because they're made in USA.  My Pelican coolers for 3-500 bucks because they employ American workers.  

I don't want to make a political argument, but American consumers keep me employed. I'd rather spend more money to keep people in this country working than save 50 bucks and dedicate 45% of my paycheck in taxes to pay for unemployment.

I know I bought a bunch of ceramic made in Mexico.  I think if I had my own business a few years ago I might have chosen differently, but I don't regret buying the eggs. 
    I just bought my first pair of Red Wing boots last summer. Man, the first week of owning them sucked. It was by far the longest time of any foot wear I've owned to break in properly. I've read that some Red Wing boots have caused calluses and even lacerations during the break in period. Red Wing boots owners swear it's worth the pain to break them in to get the fit afterwards. My experience was some discomfort for the first week or so but now they fit fantastic. I've gone through a couple Dr. Martin boots the past 3-4 years. (Gifts from the wife) The soles don't hold up more than a year or two. I found a pair of Carhartt boots that I liked but found out that they were made in China. So I looked into Red Wing Boots. Red Wing headquarters is about an hour southeast from my house. It's a great smaller town called Red Wing, Minnesota. I've been to Red Wing dozens of time. I figure the extra coin for the boots was worth the price helping out one of the local businesses here in the state and the US. No regrets what so ever.

If you buy them from an actual Red Wing store, they have tools that they can shape and stretch the boots out a bit for you. I've got 5 or 6 pair, can't remember which, work keeps buying them for me, and I've only had to have two pair stretched out a little on the top of my left foot to stop a bit of pinching. The other 3 or 4 fit great. They make a hell of a pair of boots.

Oh...and I got my cooler yesterday. Can't wait to use it. The box was abused pretty bad and there were a few scratches on the cooler but its no big deal and its not like it ain't gonna get banged up anyway.

I had no idea about them stretching them. Good to know. Thanks! @Griffin
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • tclamberth
    Options
    BbqDave said:

Ordered a 65 last night.  Best price I've ever seen.  Interesting side note - all their products now only have a 30 day warranty.  The coolers use to have a seven year warranty.  That's a heck of a change.  I contacted them to confirm, and sadly, all their products are now only warrantied for 30 days.  Be sure to thoroughly test all of your new coolers ASAP.

That's ridiculous. I didn't know that before I purchased one 

tells me they dont don't have much confidence in their product. 30 day warranty on anything is not very good
    I mean, it's a cooler.  
    A cooler that they used to have a 7 year warranty on. They told me in order for them to keep costs down they could only offer 30 day warranty now
    Memphis raised me, T-Town made me...Aint never been nothing but a winner
  • volminimax
    Options
    My wife got me a 20 softpak for my birthday. Just ordered the lunch box for work since it was on sale and back in stock. Also picked up a side pouch and bottle opener for my troubles.

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

"And now we know.....and knowing is half the battle"- G.I. Joe

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Mine actually did come in today.   You think my wife will notice?

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Got mine today! And I'm not in the dog house!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Got mine today! And I'm not in the dog house!
    Sell my much better half on how much I need one tomorrow brother.  Thanks in advance  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleRay415
    Options

I've been waiting on a deal like this for one of these bad boys, thanks for spending my money folks! 

• HoustonEgger
    Options
    RTIC is having a scratch and dent sidewalk sale here in Houston tomorrow (Saturday 1/28) from 9-4 at their location: 20702 Hempstead Rd. Suite 110 Houston, TX 77065 - All Scratch and Dent Coolers are 50% off
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • HoustonEgger
    Options

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    WTH!!! I won't be I Houston till the end of February. I hate missing a sale on cool stuff!!!!lol
  • BbqDave
    BbqDave Posts: 10
    Options
    The soft coolers just went on sale. Ordered a softpak 30 for just now $87.49 
    Seems like they are having a fire sale. Hmmm...
    Tega Cay, SC - Large & Medium BGEs w/ KABs, Plate Setters & Pizza Stones
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    BbqDave said:
    Dang, that is a significant price drop from just two days ago. I'm calling them, hope they will refund the difference! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• HoustonEgger
    Options
    BbqDave said:
    They've had the scratch and dent sales before here in Houston - I'm guessing they are running sales now since it's the off season and they likely won't hit peak sales again until spring/summer

• WeberWho
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I just purchased a 65. I just hope RTIC doesnt come out with a cooler with wheels next week. I said I wouldn't buy one until they had wheels. I couldn't pass it up on the price. Going to need to come up with some type of cart
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    I'm a sucker for sales and I hope the change in warranty does not mean something is coming down the pipe. 

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    Our annual gun bash is in June and I will be using some of these for raffles. Also plan to sell some of the cups there to raise more funds. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Checked tracking number, my tan 65 is scheduled for Monday delivery.  I'll probably take it to my warehouse and put it in my cooler collection.
    Options
    At SAMs clubquality seems good. But I like the way the rtic opens. Fits my needs better. 
    VA Beach
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    Just bought two of the 30's online. Too good to pass up. Thanks for the heads up!
    VA Beach
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Never had any experience with RTIC before and I know many folks really speak highly of their product so I jumped in on the sale on Tuesday. My soft 30 in camo showed up today. After fitting a couple of growlers in it, I decided to jump on their website and re-check the dimension of the others again to see if I might change my mind and order a different one (while keeping the soft 30 that I just received). Much to my surprise, the cooler that just showed up is now on sale for $22.50 less than I paid three days ago. Called and told them I would like to order a soft 20 and that my soft 30 that was just delivered minutes ago was $22.50 cheaper before it was even delivered - would you kindly refund the difference? I was told that "management had decided not to offer the sale price to anyone that ordered prior to today." Not really a huge deal I guess... From a brand perspective, however, I guess my philosophy is that if you have a reasonable opportunity to elate a customer that has a reasonable request, don't send them away with anything but total satisfaction.

I think the cooler is a quality piece, I just expected, like most retailers, they would be happy to understand my circumstances and offer to refund the difference from a purchase 3 days earlier. Especially since I was calling them to spend more money with them. I didn't order the second cooler. I guess customer experience/satisfaction comes at a cost.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    No one ever calls a company and says "Hey - I noticed the price on this product went up 3 days after I bought it, can you please charge my credit card for the extra?"  =)

• Golfguy77
    Options
    Just placed an order for a 65 w/ a basket for $150 free shipping too.  Hard to pass up at that price.  
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    I'm a sucker for sales and I hope the change in warranty does not mean something is coming down the pipe. 

I thought I had a problem buying things on sale!! Nice score there!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Mine actually did come in today.   You think my wife will notice?

My wife would notice that.  She's very observant. 

Maybe you can put a blanket or tarp over it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    This is tempting. So far I really like this 30. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Any concern with the reduced warranty and now a blow out sale?  Hope not.  Considering a soft 30 or 40 with them on sale now.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    I think it is a bit of a red flag?  One of their big brags was that they offered a longer warranty than Yeti.  Yeti is 5 years, RTIC was 7 years, now 30 days...seems to indicate they must be getting some returns?  They haven't been in biz long enough that the longer tail on the warranty is increasing costs - so their bit about we are decreasing the warranty to keep the pricing los rings a bit hollow.

I still bought one...time will tell.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I think it is a bit of a red flag?  One of their big brags was that they offered a longer warranty than Yeti.  Yeti is 5 years, RTIC was 7 years, now 30 days...seems to indicate they must be getting some returns?  They haven't been in biz long enough that the longer tail on the warranty is increasing costs - so their bit about we are decreasing the warranty to keep the pricing los rings a bit hollow.

I still bought one...time will tell.
    I bought one as well. I watched a bunch of reviews online. I can understand some people's concern. I know they aren't supposed to win beauty contests but some reviews unboxing them showed big huge scratches across them. I've seen others where the finish isn't very nice. Broken threads for the drain plugs, etc. The 30 day warranty does concern me a little. I'm hoping for the best

Minnesota
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    The packaging they send it in is crap - one thin layer of cardboard so if it gets manhandled at all the cooler will take the hit.  

Checked the drain, latches, gasket and feet as soon as it got here.    Tonight I will grab a few bags of ice and take it for a test run.