Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The brisket gods hath smiled upon me

Options
I had no plans to cook a brisket this weekend.  But over Friday night cocktails the wife said, you need to make a brisket.  I declined as I can usually only find a packer at a Costco 30 min away.  However, at our normal Costco on Saturday, there they were.  Not only packers, but prime packers at $2.99/lb.  I picked one up and it folded at my touch.

It was then I knew the brisket gods demanded a sacrifice.  Trimmed and rubbed Saturday night then threw it on at 250 grate at 04:30.  At about 180 I wrapped in butcher paper and then started checking it at about 195.  At 203 it was jiggly and soft...just what a guy wants.

FTC'd it and held it till it dropped to 145 per the Franklin book.

The brisket gods rewarded me.  I haven't had brisket this good since I waited 3 hours in line at Pecan Lodge.  I honestly cannot believe something this good came off my egg.  Now that I finally nailed one, time to work on consistency.

Comments