Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT threads buffaloed...

Options

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

When we bought our house, the sellers provided a home warranty.  The company had contracted with absolutely the worst repair people around.  Even though they came out to do the work, they could never get things right.

As for filing a claim with your homeowners, here's my next lousy tale.  2nd floor bathroom flooded.  ServPro came (at the insurer's recommendation) and tore out drywall and insulation and did a fantastic job drying everything out.  Painter had to redo lots of walls, molding, painting.  Altogether it was 4-5k of repairs.  Then the insurer called to say they were dropping us because of the claim.  I was pissed - between my wife and I we've paid them premiums for about 40 years for car insurance, renters, etc.  In the end they didn't drop us but they said the homeowners was really just for catastrophic problems.

If they didn't want to handle a 5k claim, they should give me a policy with a 5k deductible and a lower rate. 

Anyhow, hope you get that pool fixed quick.  Get your floatie ring on, crack a beer, and think of us poor schlump northerners!

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Who knows, this could go longer than the devastated thread.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Options
    Oh, and somehow Ozzie's what are you doing thread has lasted this long.  Just think of the amount of server space they could clear up if they bombed that one.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,849
    Options
    Who knows, this could go longer than the devastated thread.

Not without sugar gliders.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Oh, and somehow Ozzie's what are you doing thread has lasted this long.  Just think of the amount of server space they could clear up if they bombed that one.
    Maybe Ozzie is the buffalo!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @blind99 - same experience here with the home warranty. Had it for a year or two after we bought the house. Needed a few things fixed, but the bottom of the barrel repair folks would show up. I figured I would save the money and use it for needed repairs when the time came. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I have wondered about this myself ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• saluki2007
    edited March 2016
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    He did get some free SRF stuff.  Maybe if @SRFShane keeps the buffalo feed the SRF threads will stay alive...; ;)
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Ssssshhhhh, keep me out of this ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @blind99 Home Warranty like AHS, ORHP, First American Home Buyers, .... hated doing work for these places when I did residential HVAC. They want to beat the contractor up on pricing. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    AHS is garbage!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    AHS is garbage!!!
    I'll just leave this here. 
    https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/am_home.html
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Ssssshhhhh, keep me out of this ;)
    I'm gonna start keeping a closer eye on you brother Ozzie ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    caliking said:
    @Caliking welp I just got the buffalo.
    You had a good run though :) 

There's a wealth of info that can be pooled from forum members, regarding just about anything under the sun. Its why I'm on this forum the most. What a waste to not encourage members to share all that info... and keep the forum page hits up.

I'm waiting for the great irony of the thread on OT threads getting buffaloed, to be buffaloed.

I guess the process could be expedited by posting pics of carved hams that look like vaginas.

Ready... set... GO!

as close as i got =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    You have to occasionally offer a sacrifice to the buffalo gods.  I try to get a few threads buffalo'd every now and again.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    AHS is garbage!!!
    My experience with them was they ALWAYS seemed to find a way to not cover common problems or if covered would send sub-par repairmen who treated the symptom instead of fixing the problem.  I had a policy for 12 years in our first house.......never again!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    AHS is garbage!!!
    I've had good to great luck with AHS. Saved 1000's of bucks on AC work and a very expensive Themardoor fridge repair. Have it for the pool system as well.

I have had some questionable contractors show up and have requested AHS send another company a time or two.

But, I know folks that have had very horrible experiences.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Someone (me) posted a thread called "OT Topics, Ranked", but I think it got buffaloed PDQ.  It was kind of a meta-trolling OT thread, so it prolly deserved the stampede.  But still, the OT is OK by most everyone.  That's what the OT category is for!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    It's been a while for you @fishlessman ?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Legume said:
    been two years and the last one finally stopped calling, emailing, texting. i would of thought the police ride from my accountants office would have been enough. anyways theres some one in melbourne with that problem now =) and that sandwich does look pretty good
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    Options
    I dare you to google "ham vagina"...
    Legume said:

• caliking
    Options

Someone (me) posted a thread called "OT Topics, Ranked", but I think it got buffaloed PDQ.  It was kind of a meta-trolling OT thread, so it prolly deserved the stampede.  But still, the OT is OK by most everyone.  That's what the OT category is for!
    i'm going to look for that thread. 

• saluki2007
    Options
    @caliking ever had blue waffle?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    edited March 2016
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:

What I'm wondering is why you Googled it in the first place Ashish.  Were you looking for a ham shaped like a vagina, or a vagina that tasted like ham?  

Come to think of it,  I'm not sure I really want to know the answer to this question.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    Options
    @caliking ever had blue waffle?
    Image result for shouldnt have googled that

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    So explain "Buffaloed" for me. I thought it meant pulled off but I see the lawnmower thread etc and they are still here but there are allegations of Buffaloing. What is it?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    I figured if I waited long enough to both suggestions, someone else would google and post a reaction.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    gmac said:
    So explain "Buffaloed" for me. I thought it meant pulled off but I see the lawnmower thread etc and they are still here but there are allegations of Buffaloing. What is it?

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:

What I'm wondering is why you Googled it in the first place Ashish.  Were you looking for a ham shaped like a vagina, or a vagina that tasted like ham?  

Come to think of it,  I'm not sure I really want to know the answer to this question.
    Its a long story. But the latter is an interesting marketing idea in the making...

• saluki2007
    Options
    gmac said:
    I take it as being either removed or "sunk".  Sunk is what is happening to the Lawn Mower thread.  When a comment is made it is not brought back to the top of the home page.  It just gets to keep on riding to the bottom of the interwebz.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL