Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT threads buffaloed...

Options
13»

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
     a vagina that tasted like ham?  
    The good ole ham wallet. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina damn. There is a good reason you are a professor! If you apply the same insightful thinking to your area of study as you do to these threads, I am sure you are very successful!

@nphuskerfl I met I woman who worked for one of the home warranty companies. She said she felt horrible selling the product and started looking for a new job not long after starting. 

I think the buffalo roams when the front page gets littered with too many OT threads and a new visitor would get the idea this isn't about cooking at all. Too bad the OT stuff can't have a separate little section so the front page is always egg related. Overall I think we are pretty well moderated. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    From my perspective the buffalo is awarded to those threads (by whatever criteria) that completely disappear, extinct.  Sunk threads as mentioned above, are still around and visible and accepting comments but continue to slide down the slippery slope.  Sunk can be resurrected thru a link in a new topic but there is no trace of a buffaloed thread.  And any post counts that you may have earned while contributing to a buffaloed thread are removed from your total.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I have never heard of sunk before. Interesting. 
    I do agree that OT is either a legitimate category or remove it. And if it's OT and not blatantly offensive, I don't see the issue.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

They're going to wreck the forum if they keep it up.  I think most of us come here for more than just cooking.

Phoenix 
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    blasting said:

They're going to wreck the forum if they keep it up.  I think most of us come here for more than just cooking.

I couldn't agree more.  It's the regulars that you can count on to give good, sound advice.  And you can get that advice any time of day.  I don't think they hang out here only because they like BBQ.  Face it, it's the back and forth banter (political, adult, intellectual,etc...) that holds their attention and keeps them always available.  I have seen a recent dramatic decline in postings by some whose commentary I greatly enjoyed.  And that's both OT and cooking posts.  I understand the need for moderators, but the arbitrary way in which this is being done is causing many to loose interest in the forum.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
     a vagina that tasted like ham?  
    The good ole ham wallet. 
    Is that like a floppy chalupa?
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Post in the weight loss section and it will never sink. My reply to a comment from Feb 2014 is still on the first page. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.