Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Best Appetizer That You Will Ever Eat.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Gulfcoastguy said: 
    Was this a single green onion or a small bunch? I'm about to light the Egg and make this. Using a Poblano instead of a bell pepper.
    I use just one, but it depends on your taste.  You can omit the onion all together if you don't like onion. But using one gives it just enough onion taste for me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options

Looking good brother :clap:

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Just so you know, @piney and I (and N and Sandy) stuff mushrooms with this, egg them and serve at the N. Ga. Mountain festival.  Cannot keep up with demand.  Just sayin. ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Just so you know, @piney and I (and N and Sandy) stuff mushrooms with this, egg them and serve at the N. Ga. Mountain festival.  Cannot keep up with demand.  Just sayin. ;)
    I have used this loaf to stuff mushrooms rooms and peppers as well. I have even snuck it into a deboned chicken as well. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    I have used this loaf to stuff mushrooms rooms and peppers as well. I have even snuck it into a deboned chicken as well. 
    Perfect for a deboned chicken!  Great idea.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    We cooked next to @bgebrent and @piney and had trouble getting any. They were awesome, Nicole brought us some or we wouldn't have got any.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well the folks loved it. That means it passed it's audition for the family reunion/Thanksgiving dinner.
  • SGH
    Options
    Well the folks loved it. That means it passed it's audition for the family reunion/Thanksgiving dinner.
    Glad to hear it brother. It's one of our very favorites. Party Monster will just about eat one by his self. 

Status- Standing by.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    It's a bit rich for me to eat much at a time but I fried a slice, added it to scrambled eggs and toast for a breakfast sandwich Saturday. I've been at my parents digging sweet potatoes and plowing and planting their fall garden. At 87 Dad needs the help. Beets, turnips, collards, and Pak Choy coming in the future.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Just bought the ingredients.  Going to feed us as we tailgate before the GA vs Mizzou game in Athens tomorrow.  Can't wait!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I am still considering putting a marmalade glaze on top the next batch. I tried putting some orange marmalade in with a chunk of left over and wrapped it in crescent dough. That worked well. I have decided that I am eating entirely too much sugar lately though.
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    SGH said:
     You may make me gain 30 pounds this summer. 
    That's ^^^^^^ a good thing my friend ;)
    I have an absolute killer potato recipe I'm going to share soon. Just got to find the time to type it up. 

@SGH did you ever post this recipe? May have missed it. I think I'm gonna make this app this weekend! It's so good! 
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    maso said:
    SGH said:
    I have an absolute killer potato recipe I'm going to share soon. Just got to find the time to type it up. 

@SGH did you ever post this recipe? May have missed it. I think I'm gonna make this app this weekend! It's so good! 
    Check the first page of the thread.  I've made it a few times and always turns out great.
    Edina, MN

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    @Budgeezer thanks but I was actually meaning the potato recipe in his comment I quoted.
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Budgeezer said:
    maso said:
    SGH said:

Check the first page of the thread.  I've made it a few times and always turns out great.
    I don't think @SGH has, I have been "Standing By" for a month or so waiting on him....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Holy Crap! This stuff does not disappoint. Everyone at the tailgate is raving about it. Thanks @SGH

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    SGH said:
    Fellows, I'm going to share something here that is cheap, easy to make, cooks fast, and simply is in a league of its own. It doesn't sound that great, but just try it. I give you my word that you will be more than impressed. Trust me on this one my friends.
    Ingriedants:
    1 Raw Egg.
    1 Green Onion chopped. 
    1 Bell Pepper chopped.
    1 Sleeve of Ritz Crackers crushed into dust.
    1 Roll of Jimmy Dean Original.
    1 Roll of Jimmy Dean Hot. 
    1 Pack of shredded Cheddar Cheese.
    Combine all of the above and mix very well. Form into a loaf and cook indirect over oak at 325-375 degrees until a internal temp of 155 degrees. To say that this is spectacular is a understatement my friends. Hope that y'all enjoy it as much as we do. 

Yall got to try this one fellows. 
    Looks great, I am going to try this while the wife is away this weekend. How much time should it take till done?
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    About an hour
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • kingsmoke
    Options
    Just made this recipe last weekend. Very addicting. I'm glad I had no way of figuring out the nutritional value
    Grand Rapids , Mi
    LBGE -  28Blackstone - Saber grill
  • UNCHeels08
    Options
    Gonna need to try this based on the pictures and replies!

For anyone who has done this as an appetizer with people over, how did you serve it? Is there any way to make it so that it’s in easy to eat pieces? Not sure if you could do it in meatball type shapes up front or if you would have to slice/cube it afterward. 
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Just cubed it and stick a toothpick in it, serve with your preferred sauce. I have done it meatball style wrapped in bacon as well. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • UNCHeels08
    Options
    Other question - is it any good cold after being refrigerated or solely eaten hot?
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks like something a stoner would concoct at 3AM.  I like it.  Nice work Scottie.
    Options
    Looks like something a stoner would concoct at 3AM.  I like it.  Nice work Scottie.
    It's great sliced into slabs and pan fried then served with cheese eggs.....at 3am.  Just sayin

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    How long do you let it rest before serving?
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options

OK, this sounds like a must do.  My apology if I didn't see it, but approximately what is the cooking time?

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • GATraveller
    Options

OK, this sounds like a must do.  My apology if I didn't see it, but approximately what is the cooking time?

40-60 mins.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options

40-60 mins.

Thanks
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    This is on the agenda for tomorrow. Bumpity bump. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Yep this is solid-

that a$$ @Killit_and_Grillit talked me into the keto deal- he has robbed me of all life’s pleasures. 

Enjoy it for me-
    Greensboro, NC