Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

YETI x 5

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
Today my wife surprised me with a Colster YETI. I don't drink that much beer, but it's nice to know I will enjoy a cold brewski when I do!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    All that and a Vette??? You better hang on to her. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • RRP
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    All that and a Vette??? You better hang on to her. 
    LOL and 4 eggs too! YOUBETCHA!
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    Today my wife surprised me with a Colster YETI. I don't drink that much beer, but it's nice to know I will enjoy a cold brewski when I do!

BTW - she ordered directly from Yeti and mine arrived with no insert for narrow cans or bottles which some folks here claim theirs did.  Not sure what it means, but she said when she ordered it they claimed they were out of stock awaiting shipment so such insert must have been a while back and they aren't including them anymore!
  • Navigator
    Navigator Posts: 56
    Options
    I have a couple and all they come with is a "Keepsake pop top tin can" never heard of an insert.
    Rich
    Ashland, WI  /  Large & Mini Max
  • RRP
    Options
    Navigator said:
    I have a couple and all they come with is a "Keepsake pop top tin can" never heard of an insert.
    That cute 12 oz can of air was in mine as well - I just failed to mention it! BTW does either of yours rattle? Mine does and I wonder what is inside, but as you know it's not a real pop top and to open it would ruin it. Guess I'll never know as I plan to keep it with some of my other weird cans in my limited WAY out of vogue beer can collection which my executor will probably have some contracted cleaning service pitch in the trash!  =)
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    The top of can pops off - I think there was a sticker in mine and a pamphlet. I like the colster a lot! Besides beer it handles water bottles and Gatorade bottles really well and keeps them cold to the end. Enjoy!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    blind99 said:
    The top of can pops off - I think there was a sticker in mine and a pamphlet. I like the colster a lot! Besides beer it handles water bottles and Gatorade bottles really well and keeps them cold to the end. Enjoy!
    Nice!  B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I don't think there is any reducer or insert Ron, just the top that screws on that has kind of a skirt or flange.
  • RRP
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Legume said:
    I don't think there is any reducer or insert Ron, just the top that screws on that has kind of a skirt or flange.
    As @blind99 said the top of the "can of air" pops off easily after all so now I wonder if the "insert" some others mentioned here is nothing more than that can topless. It certainly would take up some space to hold a skinner bottle.

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Thanks @blind99, never even thought to try that  :o
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You only need the insert if you drink bad beer.  Don't worry about it. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • RRP
    Options
    MJG said:
    You only need the insert if you drink bad beer.  Don't worry about it. 
    LOL - I hear you! I was just trying to get the insert issue put to rest. BTW I agree - I tried every size container I have and they all seemed to fit and seal down inside just fine - either no insert needed here or I don't buy bad beer as you said! 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @NCSmoky no problem - full credit goes to my six year old - I just shook it a bit and gave up too!  Here's what was inside if I can get the picture to work:

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The new Belgium bottles slide right out of it.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @NCSmoky no problem - full credit goes to my six year old - I just shook it a bit and gave up too!  Here's what was inside if I can get the picture to work:

Nice countertop!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP
    i joined the club today too.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    i joined the club today too.

You won't be sorry! I filled and refilled my rambler today while mowing my yard. Nice to be sweating like a stuck pig on a BBQ grate and then pick up a YETI with ICE cold water! Cold beer is one thing, but chugging cold water is more refreshing to me. 

May you enjoy your new buy for MANY years to come, my cyber friend!
  • SGH
    Options
    @RRP- I was going to get a couple of the can holders as well but they were sold out. The lady working there said that they sale out of them as soon as they arrive. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    See what happens when you eat all your vegetables, study hard, and say your prayers every night? 5 Yetis. You live a great life Ron! Congrats!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Lots of companies make vacuum flasks, also known as dewars. 

They're all equally good at insulating. 
    Options
    Lots of companies make vacuum flasks, also known as dewars. 

They're all equally good at insulating. 
    I have got a Stanley that does pretty darn good. Haven't got to try the Yeti yet. Going to put it to the test tomorrow though. 

Status- Standing by.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I've been rolling a 40 oz hydroflask for water at work I just take it out of the water cooler no ice.  Pretty sweet.  Even when I leave it out in the sun in the 110 desert heat its ice cold.  
  • SGH
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    I've been rolling a 40 oz
    I really like the fact that those are 40oz. I feel the same way about drinking cups as I do about smokers, the bigger the better. Is "hydro flask" the brand?

Status- Standing by.

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Welcome to the cult @SGH I'm sure you'll love it. I keep the 30 for my ice water... The 20 does great with my adult type beverages. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts 
  • SGH
    Options
    hapster said:
    Welcome to the cult @SGH I'm sure you'll love it. I keep the 30 for my ice water... The 20 does great with my adult type beverages. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts 
    I'm going to put it to the test tomorrow. It's suppose to be 100 degrees with 87 percent humidity. Seems like the perfect time to test it out. And I appreciate the warm welcome my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Real men use the 30 for adult beverage, and the 20 for shots to wash it down.
    Options
    Real men use the 30 for adult beverage, and the 20 for shots to wash it down.
    That's cause those pu$$ies are drinking beer in their 30's... A 20 full of Titos is a bit different
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Waiting to hear your assessment @SGH , love mine use it daily!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • SGH
    Options
    RiverDoc said:
    You got it brother. I will be out in the heat all day tomorrow. Going to put it to the test. 

Status- Standing by.

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    SGH said:
    RiverDoc said:
    You got it brother. I will be out in the heat all day tomorrow. Going to put it to the test. 
    I have noticed that there will be a difference between in the heat vs direct sun... Either way, I'm looking forward to your review