Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,113
    Tony, I wish I had a Tesla but I can't afford it.  We have solar panels and high efficiency appliances, LED lights, as much insulation we can pack into a 1920s house.  There's a certain elegance to efficiency, and I'd rather pay to advance technology than burn more oil.  We should be making chemicals, plastics and lubricants with oil. Burning it for BTU content is a waste.  I don't think anyone disagrees with that, we're just between being dependent on it and (most) not being able to afford independence.  We're getting there.
    Without Oil your town would be even poorer and have none of the vibrant culture it has.  Oil and mineral extraction is vital to your economy.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2015
    @Ozzie_Isaac I don't have a problem with mining oil or minerals.  I'm saying we should be using them as materials and not burning it.   Organic synthetic materials kick ass.  I don't know if I agree with the vibrant culture part, that precedes that industry.  Our city was a port back in 1719. 
    The Outlaw Jersey Whale!!!!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    That man is so filled with freedom, very very filled with it.
    edited April 2015
    @Ozzie_Isaac I don't have a problem with mining oil or minerals.  I'm saying we should be using them as materials and not burning it.   Organic synthetic materials kick ass.  I don't know if I agree with the vibrant culture part, that precedes that industry.  Our city was a port back in 1719. 
    I should have said "still" a vibrant culture instead of a historical footnote.

I do agree on better uses for our mined resources.  Burning fossil fuel seems wasteful and inefficient.  Especially with so many alternatives.

I wish we could get all the subsidies out of our system.  Subsidies just lock in the old way.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    It's obama. ..he's in with big oil. I mean, he is middle eastern...or kenya? Either way his lips are on their a$$
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,113

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,963

I do agree on better uses for our mined resources.  Burning fossil fuel seems wasteful and inefficient.  Especially with so many alternatives.

I wish we could get all the subsidies out of our system.  Subsidies just lock in the old way.
    Yep.  You really notice a difference when you travel to places outside the US.  I was in Munich last year, and on the train from the airport to downtown - all you see are solar cells on top of farm houses, barns, etc.  
  • nolaegghead

I agree you should take the subsidies out where they aren't needed, which is most of them.  Farms, oil, etc.  Where you have technologies that you want to encourage, and that we're lagging the world in, that's where they help us catch up.  Also, 86 the lobbyists.
    Meanwhile, in crazy nutjob land: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele-bachmann-obama-end-times-iran

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) expressed a mixture of condemnation and appreciation toward President Barack Obama for, in her words, bringing the world to end times.

"We need to cry out to a Holy God," Bachmann said on Jan Markell's "Understanding the Times" radio show over the weekend. "This is coming faster than anyone can see."

“Barack Obama is intent, it is his number one goal, to ensure that Iran has a nuclear weapon," she said. "Why? Why would you put the nuclear weapon in the hands of madmen who are Islamic radicals?"

Bachmann, however, then seemed to approve of the President moving mankind into "the midnight hour."

"We get to be living in the most exciting time in history," she said, urging fellow Christians to "rejoice."

"Jesus Christ is coming back. We, in our lifetimes potentially, could see Jesus Christ returning to Earth, the Rapture of the Church."

"These are wonderful times," she concluded.

• nolaegghead

Yep.  You really notice a difference when you travel to places outside the US.  I was in Munich last year, and on the train from the airport to downtown - all you see are solar cells on top of farm houses, barns, etc.  
    John, I noticed that.  The Germans are much smarter than we are, they believe in science.  They made the Sham Wow, right?  They pushed the green movement long ago, as they have to import their oil, with high petrol taxes.  Although they have excellent and inexpensive public transportation.  
    @JohnInCarolina That woman is a lunatic.  Endlessly entertaining.
    John, I noticed that.  The Germans are much smarter than we are, they believe in science.  They made the Sham Wow, right?  They pushed the green movement long ago, as they have to import their oil, with high petrol taxes.  Although they have excellent and inexpensive public transportation.  
    Great tech, great beer, great performance vehicles.  What's not to like about Germany?  (Well except for maybe that whole Hitler thingy)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Why the F*** is this on this forum?  I've got my firm views but wonder why green egg foodies promulgate this crap.  I'm new but WTF?  Just trying to learn useful **** from you guys with amazing eggsperience on how to cook a butt!  WTF?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    "This used to be a much more friendlier place."
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Choices always were a problem for you...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0Zqo-vOFM

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    bgebrent said:
    Why the F*** is this on this forum?  I've got my firm views but wonder why green egg foodies promulgate this crap.  I'm new but WTF?  Just trying to learn useful **** from you guys with amazing eggsperience on how to cook a butt!  WTF?
    @bgebrent - this is a troll thread.  It keeps the trolling down to a minimum on all food-related threads.  It's actually genius, right?  You're welcome to join the fun, or ignore it.  But please don't complain about it, at least until it hits 100 pages.  Lots of good information on the other threads.
    edited April 2015
    bgebrent said:
    These threads gotta happen every five months or so, ten months.  Helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten months since the last one. You know, you gotta stop them at the beginning. Like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they should never let him get away with that, they was just asking for trouble. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    88 pages homies! 12 more until the promised land!
  • nolaegghead
    Does heaven have lube?  Or do we all just have barbie and ken parts?
    Does heaven have lube?  Or do we all just have barbie and ken parts?
    I'm going to hell, so what do I know?
  • nolaegghead
    I heard black holes have gas.
    @nolaegghead  and johnincarolina,  thanks for informing the newbie.  Lets get to 100!  I can't believe I'm cheering for keeping pile of bs.!  You guys are awesome and I appreciate all you've taught me.  Go Kats!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    @Eggcelsior, good news is there is no heaven and no hell!  No Barbie or Ken parts!  Just worm food.  Not as good as egged food.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,963
    bgebrent said:
    @nolaegghead  and johnincarolina,  thanks for informing the newbie.  Lets get to 100!  I can't believe I'm cheering for keeping pile of bs.!  You guys are awesome and I appreciate all you've taught me.  Go Kats!
    Have you seen this Kentucky highlight?  It's pretty awesome!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3_IT622Sbc
  • nolaegghead
    you suck
    you suck
    You're drunk.
  • nolaegghead
    edited April 2015
    Actually not.   But I wish I was.
    @JohnInCarolina, I've seen it.  Now I hate you Duke fan!  You are so cruel.  I wish you mediocre cooks and much white smoke!  Next year will be interesting and by the way, Towns over Olkafor.  Just saying!