Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @nolaegghead...so scientist are always correct.
    .. http://www.theguardian.com/education/2001/oct/23/research.highereducation...

http://m.livescience.com/32051-greatest-scientific-mistakes.html

I know scientist are never wrong. So, evolution is true. We are merely an animal formed from the primordial ooze or came from apes. Survival of the fittest ensures the future. Also, the earth is billions of years old...maybe more. 

Therefore it makes little sense to help the weak. Are they not "hurting the herd"? Would we not be better off helping the strong to build up the best for the good of the whole? Wait, survival of the fittest sounds an awful like free market capitalism. Whoda thunk it? Why do the animal rights folks get so bunched up over a snail going extinct? It merely the top of the chain eliminating the uneeded. 
    Also, the earth is billions of years old and has gone through cataclysmic series long before man. So I'm to believe in the last 50 years we've doomed our planet? What happened to the ice age doom scientist were moaning about in the 70's? 
    As far as liberals and evolution. ..they love it when they need it. Forensic SCIENCE proved Mike Brown wasn't shot with his hands up yet SCIENCE was dismissed. 
    All this comes from a mere neonatal layman. I'm surprised I can get out of bed in the morning without Bill Nye helping me. Dur hur.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • saluki2007
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    edited April 2015
    Damn double post.  Enjoy this instead:

And Ozzie is on a roll with the Troll finger.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    henapple said:

I know scientist are never wrong. So, evolution is true. We are merely an animal formed from the primordial ooze or came from apes. Survival of the fittest ensures the future. Also, the earth is billions of years old...maybe more. 

Therefore it makes little sense to help the weak. Are they not "hurting the herd"? Would we not be better off helping the strong to build up the best for the good of the whole? Wait, survival of the fittest sounds an awful like free market capitalism. Whoda thunk it? Why do the animal rights folks get so bunched up over a snail going extinct? It merely the top of the chain eliminating the uneeded. 
    Also, the earth is billions of years old and has gone through cataclysmic series long before man. So I'm to believe in the last 50 years we've doomed our planet? What happened to the ice age doom scientist were moaning about in the 70's? 
    As far as liberals and evolution. ..they love it when they need it. Forensic SCIENCE proved Mike Brown wasn't shot with his hands up yet SCIENCE was dismissed. 
    All this comes from a mere neonatal layman. I'm surprised I can get out of bed in the morning without Bill Nye helping me. Dur hur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vzCmURh7o
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @henapple  you're talking about eugenics and that's revolting to everyone, I would hope.

7 years of those darn equations and i dont remember a thing. thank you alcohol. i find it amazing that alcohol kills only the useless cells =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    @henapple  you're talking about eugenics and that's revolting to everyone, I would hope.

Nah - That's just his attempt at sardonicism.  =)

Give 'im credit for tryin'!  :)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited April 2015
    henapple said:

It's not that scientists are always correct. They strive to test hypotheses  based on measurable and real evidence. Sometimes that evidence reinforces the hypothesis, sometimes, it disproves it. If it is tested enough and found to be correct enough, it becomes a theory. Sometimes, theory becomes law(thermodynamics, gravity, motion).
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,442
    jonnymack said:
    I love this thread. I wouldn't want my 250th post in any other place. I'm in the rub/sauce exchange baby!
    I bet some people could be eligible based only on their contributions here.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Acn said:
    jonnymack said:
    I love this thread. I wouldn't want my 250th post in any other place. I'm in the rub/sauce exchange baby!
    I bet some people could be eligible based only on their contributions here.
    Exactly what I was thinking.  Some people have posted in this thread 250 times today :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    I asked @henapple to make this thread get to 100 pages by tomorrow night.

Let's do this.
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    well I will do what I can to help then.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Acn

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• saluki2007
    So has anyone ever tempted to make this?

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eggcelsior
    So has anyone ever tempted to make this?

Taco Bell, kinda
  • Acn
    Has anyone else noticed The Weather Channel becoming much more specific?  The app on my phone is telling me there is a 12% chance of rain at 7 tonight, decreasing to 3% at 8.  That seems like a lot more soecific than one usually sees from meteorologists.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

Soccer......how America sees it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Those crazy "smart" people... The American eugenics movement was rooted in the biological determinist ideas ofSir Francis Galton, which originated in the 1880s. Galton studied the upper classes of Britain, and arrived at the conclusion that their social positions were due to a superior genetic makeup.[8] Early proponents of eugenics believed that, through selective breeding, the human species should direct its own evolution. They tended to believe in the genetic superiority of Nordic, Germanic and Anglo-Saxon peoples; supported strict immigration and anti-miscegenation laws; and supported the forcible sterilization of the poor, disabled and "immoral".[9] Eugenics was also supported by African Americans intellectuals such as W. E. B. Du Bois,Thomas Wyatt Turner, and many academics at Tuskegee University, Howard University, and Hampton University; however they believed the best blacks were as good as the best whites and “The Talented Tenth” of all races should mix.[10] W. E. B. Du Bois believed “only fit blacks should procreate to eradicate the race’s heritage of moral iniquity. 

By 1910, there was a large and dynamic network of scientists, reformers and professionals engaged in national eugenics projects and actively promoting eugenic legislation. The American Breeder’s Association was the first eugenic body in the U.S., established in 1906 under the direction of biologist Charles B. Davenport.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    @henapple good thing science proved them wrong.
  • nolaegghead
    Hitler picked up the concept from the US.  The US program was funded by corporate institutions.
    edited April 2015
    henapple said:
    Those crazy "smart" people... The American eugenics movement was rooted in the biological determinist ideas ofSir Francis Galton, which originated in the 1880s. Galton studied the upper classes of Britain, and arrived at the conclusion that their social positions were due to a superior genetic makeup.[8] Early proponents of eugenics believed that, through selective breeding, the human species should direct its own evolution. They tended to believe in the genetic superiority of Nordic, Germanic and Anglo-Saxon peoples; supported strict immigration and anti-miscegenation laws; and supported the forcible sterilization of the poor, disabled and "immoral".[9] Eugenics was also supported by African Americans intellectuals such as W. E. B. Du Bois,Thomas Wyatt Turner, and many academics at Tuskegee University, Howard University, and Hampton University; however they believed the best blacks were as good as the best whites and “The Talented Tenth” of all races should mix.[10] W. E. B. Du Bois believed “only fit blacks should procreate to eradicate the race’s heritage of moral iniquity. 

By 1910, there was a large and dynamic network of scientists, reformers and professionals engaged in national eugenics projects and actively promoting eugenic legislation. The American Breeder’s Association was the first eugenic body in the U.S., established in 1906 under the direction of biologist Charles B. Davenport.

It doesn't have to be said . . .

:|

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    Apropos