Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Broke out the wok first time in a long time.  No pics.  Chicken marinated in onion, Apple, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic.  Stir fry with onion, bok Choy, sugar snap peas, shitaki mushrooms, zucchini, and green onions.  Ginger soy sauce to finish over rice.  Damn good.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Dinner tonight!!
    Dang J....would belly up to those any day.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Dinner tonight!!
    Oh my!  That looks delicious brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Plating fail. I had grilled Italian sausage with onions, peppers, and tomato cooked in the wok. Served over polenta. It tasted great - just not too purdy to look at. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,220
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Plating fail. I had grilled Italian sausage with onions, peppers, and tomato cooked in the wok. Served over polenta. It tasted great - just not too purdy to look at. 

Way to step up and try though! Maybe some chopped cilantro for color? Or parsley if you don't want to change flavor profile.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SciAggie said:

Way to step up and try though! Maybe some chopped cilantro for color? Or parsley if you don't want to change flavor profile.
    He is obviously missing the diamond plate. Outside of that fatal error, it all looks great! 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Dinner tonight!!
    Looks really good Johnny.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Just learned Taco Bell has fries.  I see a James Beard award in their future.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SciAggie
    Options
    SciAggie said:

He is obviously missing the diamond plate. Outside of that fatal error, it all looks great! 
    I just figured I’d own up that not everything we do is spectacular. It stinks I don’t own the magical diamond plate and was out of anything to use as a garnish. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    SciAggie said:

I just figured I’d own up that not everything we do is spectacular. It stinks I don’t own the magical diamond plate and was out of anything to use as a garnish. 
    Yeah, I get your point. The diamond plate so adequately distract the eye, you can get away with anything. Enjoy the sausage and peppers! 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    SciAggie said:

Either my eyes suck or you are wrong. That right there is purdy to me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @northGAcock Thanks. It certainly tasted good. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @nphuskerfl man your bread game is off the charts.  If I baked a loaf of bread as good as your failure, I'd feel like a hero

Poor Jags... that was tough to watch
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,374
    Options
    Tonight's grilled salmon. Forgive the Christmas cookie plate. The damn kids used everything else. It was delicious though. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Making vagina jokes in front of my 15 yr old boy. Fun times.  He's several shades of red. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2018
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @nphuskerfl man your bread game is off the charts.  If I baked a loaf of bread as good as your failure, I'd feel like a hero

Poor Jags... that was tough to watch
    Appreciate the compliment. I haven't had a loaf stick to a brotform in like....forever. Both the boule and batard stuck today. I pulled them from the cooler to bake and got busy repairing our front gate and gate operator. That took about 2 hrs. Got back to the egg and ready to go and I knew just by the feel of it I was SOL getting either one of them out clean. The humidity bit me in the ass. The boule I tried my first stencil and just one score slash with the razor. 

It's a bird on a branch with hibiscus flowers using smoked paprika. For a fail it wasn't a horrible outcome. 
    Then the batard. OMG! It was all but glued in there. Patiently and gently got it out without deflating. Then went to score it and WTF?! "where's my razor?!" Mad af I said screw it with a maniacal laugh and used this...

So yeah this baking session was going to hell in a handbasket. Expecting the worst I baked with the lid on 25 minutes. I made the decision it would likely end up food for the woodland critters. Lifted the lid and it was ugly as dog $hit but, not as bad as I imagined so I finished it as normal with the lid off. We had it for supper and it was respectable. Ugly but, tasty.
    Quarters, seasoned italian green beans (Margaret Holmes), CI sweet potato casserole and my bread from the batard. The boule is going to a co-worker. 

Obviously I'm a Bronco Fan but, was pulling for the Jags. I root for them unless they're playing the Broncos. Tough loss but, they played a phenomenal season. Haven't watched one NFL game this season. So, it seemed hypocritical to watch just the AFC or NFC Championship games. If I want politics or propaganda I can get that anywhere (even here). When I watch football that's my release so I don't need it muddied.  Call it what you will..a boycott or whatever. However, I fully intend on watching next season but, we'll shall see. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    So many words.  So much booze. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I cooked food. 

I drank. 

I ate. 

I played card games with our friends. 

I didnt take pics. So it didn’t happen. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,640
    Options
    Definitely need pics of people playing cards next time.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Legume said:
    @Legume =)=)  you’ll have to ask @Gravy_ona_Biskit if he got any. Played our new “what does that meme” game.

All I can say is **** got weird. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,043
    Options
    Legume said:
    @Legume =)=)  you’ll have to ask @Gravy_ona_Biskit if he got any. Played our new “what does that meme” game.

All I can say is **** got weird. 
    One of our favorite party games...great for a good laugh 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,901
    Options
    Wasn't going to cook this evening but then I started looking at some cooks here and changed my mind. 
    Boneless pork chops - SWMBO wanted SP&G, I had Lane's Signature rub on mine.

Beets were from a can because I was making Yogurt with the IP.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Slice from the latest batard, FL avocado and poached egg. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Careful out there boys and girls (if there are any left). The Buffalo is back on the payroll  

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @nphuskerfl yeah that bread is some next level stuff for sure.   and hopefully the bears will turn it around someday.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Careful out there boys and girls (if there are any left). The Buffalo is back on the payroll  

What got nuked?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,370
    Options
    "Seems like an excellent idea!" SarcasticMan said...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Seems legit. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Seems legit. 
    You guys laugh now, I'll laugh when I am buying Kamado Kamodos just to make flower pots.