Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited August 2015
    Options

I hope you have an RC Cola to go with those.

Been quite awhile since I've had a Moon Pie, I'd pay real good money for one right about now.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    @doubleegger you have RC Cola too?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,195
    Options
    Rain forced me to Cracker Barrel tonight so I had to buy a box. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,195
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @doubleegger you have RC Cola too?
    I am a Coke loyalist (and Cheerwine)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Right before Twinkies went out of business for a while, I bought a 2-pak; loved them as a kid but hadn't had one in, what, 40 years?
    I got about 3/4ths thru the first one, rest in the trash.  Gawd, thank goodness for advanced taste!   :o

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Giants-Cards again, just drinking this time.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Wondering whether OT-What Flips Your Lid or What Puts Food On Your Table will be the thread that gets driven off a cliff when everybody starts drinking.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @theyolksonyou what are you planning to do? MY pre-finished hardwoods are scratched to hell so I'm debating resurfacing vs a full tear-out. We are tired of the color/finish because they show EVERY. DAMN. FOOTPRINT.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Eggcelsior they're coming out. Pick up the new tomorrow. The previous owners installed the current flooring and did a shoddy job. Plus it's scarred and faded all to hell. Plus we're reconfiguring the kitchen and they put the floor up to instead of under current cabinets. We are also going down the hall and into the master, currently carpet. 

Long road ahead. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @theyolksonyou what are you planning to do? MY pre-finished hardwoods are scratched to hell so I'm debating resurfacing vs a full tear-out. We are tired of the color/finish because they show EVERY. DAMN. FOOTPRINT.
    Dylan, may I suggest a dirt floor?  You can rake it like a zen garden and no worries about scuffing or footprints - they all add character.  Think of the feng shui.
    Options
    @Eggcelsior they're coming out. Pick up the new tomorrow. The previous owners installed the current flooring and did a shoddy job. Plus it's scarred and faded all to hell. Plus we're reconfiguring the kitchen and they put the floor up to instead of under current cabinets. We are also going down the hall and into the master, currently carpet. 

Long road ahead. 
    I know a guy who can help.  @Lit where are you?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options

Legume said:
    Yadi's homerun was sweet!  I can't believe we keep winning.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Long road ahead. 
    I would pay in Rockwood, but I'd have to order it from fire craft. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    wondering, if we set our minds to it, how long it would take to sink this thread.  I'm thinking 2 hours. ;)
    Options

Long road ahead. 
    I would pay in Rockwood, but I'd have to order it from fire craft. 
    I would have a healthy garden at least 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    wondering, if we set our minds to it, how long it would take to sink this thread.  I'm thinking 2 hours. ;)
    But I like this thread. It's great for he humble brag. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I was joking.  I like this thread too, one of my favorites.
    Options
    I was joking.  I like this thread too, one of my favorites.
    Mine as well. Let's keep it cool on this one. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options

Legume said:
    Yadi's homerun was sweet!  I can't believe we keep winning.
    You suck.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Right now I am reading Horace's Works in the original Latin, from Pine's Horace, fully engraved, untrimmed and with the original boards bound in, in full morocco finished in the antoinette dentelle style. 

The Rothschild Collection has a copy in the original boards, and they won't sell. So I had to settle for the second best copy in the world.

N.B.  I'm betting that sounds a bit fey to many (most?), but to compensate I am watching the redsox game while enjoying Ommegang's "Three Philosophers". 1pt 9fl oz.  

also, haven't mowed the lawn in weeks. But I did turn over the compost pile today. And pruned the wife's roses. Tough day

not sure what i will do when i retire. Is it possible to work less?

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm sitting on my big fat butt eating banana moon pies and cool whip.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    ^^^^banana moon pies are one of my very favorites =)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ^^^^banana moon pies are one of my very favorites =)
    I can eat them by the box. I'm pretty good at making a jug of cool whip vanish too.  

Status- Standing by.

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options

Needed beer and cigar after coaching U8 Soccer. :s
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @theyolksonyou I know you just ordered your cabinets if there is an option to go with fully extending drawers I highly recommend it. I used to hate our utensils drawer digging around through crap to find stuff buried in the back. Also the slides for the bottoms seem like they are gonna be a life saver.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @lit we went full extension, blind corners with idk what to call, but Tetris slides(pull out forward, reach into corner and pull out behind those) and the double level utensil drawer. I think we're gonna be pleased. Our kitchen is small,but we really are improving the storage and counter space. I'll post progress. Cabinets arrive on the 9th. 

Thanks for the input.  I may hit you up for more tips. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Editing more photos... I took too many photos.  :(
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Sitting in BWI, waiting on a delayed flight,  #1333 to Louisville. Again. 
    Hate this stupid stuff.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Right now I am reading Horace's Works in the original Latin, from Pine's Horace, fully engraved, untrimmed and with the original boards bound in, in full morocco finished in the antoinette dentelle style. 

The Rothschild Collection has a copy in the original boards, and they won't sell. So I had to settle for the second best copy in the world.

You're really a Traeger user, aren't you?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    Wondering what a Moon pie is.