Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Cool Matt!
    Thanks Brent.  I'm really looking forward to the day I can get behind the wheel and drive that truck.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Cool project, Matt. 

I want to restore a vintage car one day.  I'm not going to start from scratch, hopefully, but buy someone's failed dream where they got like 90% done (and done it right).
    Options
    Got the call from the wifey to come pick up a new kitchen table she just bought. Didn’t know we were in the market for a new table. Funny how that works. 
    Well look at it as putting money in the bank on your end for that next Egg-related purchase.
    She thinks everything I buy is crap and I feel the same about her stuff. We have a “don’t ask don’t tell” policy here. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Cool project, Matt. 

I want to restore a vintage car one day.  I'm not going to start from scratch, hopefully, but buy someone's failed dream where they got like 90% done (and done it right).
    Thanks buddy.  This will be a long project, but worth it.  

This was my late fathers 65 C10.  Wasn't really nothing special when he had it and drove it, but it is to me.  It was given to me also on my 16th birthday, though I have never driven it.  My brother had hit someone and it was parked from around 1991 till two years ago when I moved it.  

I set sail to get this restored about two years ago and that guy fell through, but he did keep the truck in his shop and also hauled it around to a new guy (once found) on his rollback.  My mom told me she'd never see that truck on the road before she died.  I was trying to make that happen, but that obviously didn't happen, though my drive is still there to do it, for both my Mom and Dad.  

The guy that's penciled me in about that time is now ready to take this on.  I wasn't "ready" to this, but it's now or never I feel.  I'll feel so much better once it's done.  
    Love the story. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options

Golden beets cooked in the Instant Pot, boneless pork chops on MiniMax, rice in the microwave, and Shiner Bock while I tended the egg. Nice evening all around, beautiful weather here. Thanks for looking.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Got the call from the wifey to come pick up a new kitchen table she just bought. Didn’t know we were in the market for a new table. Funny how that works. 
    Well look at it as putting money in the bank on your end for that next Egg-related purchase.
    She thinks everything I buy is crap and I feel the same about her stuff. We have a “don’t ask don’t tell” policy here. 
    Your not in the market she just bought one. Must have some special people coming over this weekend that you need a new table...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:

Golden beets cooked in the Instant Pot, boneless pork chops on MiniMax, rice in the microwave, and Shiner Bock while I tended the egg. Nice evening all around, beautiful weather here. Thanks for looking.
    Love the circa low 90s glass cookware (Visions or something like that?).  My Mom had a set of these that she loved. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:

Love the circa low 90s glass cookware (Visions or something like that?).  My Mom had a set of these that she loved. 
    Good eye Matt, Visions it is. SWMBO said she bought it long ago but not sure of the date. Still have the whole set.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    Cool project, Matt. 

This was my late fathers 65 C10.  Wasn't really nothing special when he had it and drove it, but it is to me.  It was given to me also on my 16th birthday, though I have never driven it.  My brother had hit someone and it was parked from around 1991 till two years ago when I moved it.  

I set sail to get this restored about two years ago and that guy fell through, but he did keep the truck in his shop and also hauled it around to a new guy (once found) on his rollback.  My mom told me she'd never see that truck on the road before she died.  I was trying to make that happen, but that obviously didn't happen, though my drive is still there to do it, for both my Mom and Dad.  

The guy that's penciled me in about that time is now ready to take this on.  I wasn't "ready" to this, but it's now or never I feel.  I'll feel so much better once it's done.  
    Very interesting. Would like to see this as it progresses
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Cool project, Matt. 

The done right is the hard part. There’s a lot a half azz work out there.  When I bought my car, my FIL said I had two options when the car arrived. Either trust that the work that was done previously is right or do it yourself and live with peace of mind. I choose the latter. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Cool project, Matt. 

Where’s the Love button? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,126
    Options
    Cool project, Matt. 

Pretty sure this deserves its own thread.  Great story, and looking forward to the progress.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    Cool project, Matt. 

I want a ride in the truck when its finished. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

Just make sure everything is tightened up ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Shotgun?
    Options
    Attempting to watch MNF on hulu live. My recommendation? Don't sign up! I was much happier with Sling 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JRWhitee
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

I'll bring a torque wrench.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

Check the door bolts first. 
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

Not the steering wheel?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

Not the steering wheel?
    I thought you were riding, not driving. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

I'll be sure to make sure the license and registration are in order.
  • tarheelmatt
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You got it @JRWhitee!  You can certainly get that ride, hopefully next year!  

Guy that's doing the word does great work (that I have viewed).  Now, he's not a Chip Foose, but does good work.  He does body work at Richard Childress Racing currently.  

His recommendation to disassemble the whole thing and start from there was an indication that he wanted it to be done right from the get go.  Most just blast with all body parts on.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:I
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

I'll be sure to make sure the license and registration are in order.
    Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with that plan?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Cool project, Matt. 

What'd ya do?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @JRWhitee may or may not have dumped @tarheelmatt dome at NCBB2. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    And bourbon was or wasn't involved.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Pork Fried Rice...  BS continues to amaze me..
    Okay, those perfect small white squares were pork?  I coulda swore you were doing a peas/carrots/marshmallows stir-fry!  The final result looks delish!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...