Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    lousubcap said:
    Brisket headed for the FTC. Smells great.

Thanks for lookin. 
    I don’t think you will have trouble finding the grain, I can see it from here. Nice work Cap. Enjoy the “banquet “ as a fine guy always says! 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Just got the leftover turkey out of the fridge.  Guess who is excited? 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Just enjoyed some Nuernberger brats @DoubleEgger picked up in Helen and gifted to Nichole.  Good stuff.  Thanks again brother!

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Glad Nichole liked them @bgebrent. They are pretty solid. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    lousubcap said:
    Brisket headed for the FTC. Smells great.

Thanks for lookin. 

That is how it should look.
    Perfect as always.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Cut a corner off of my man card if you wish, but this show is hilarious. 

Done.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lousubcap That brisket makes me hungry. I could use some good beef after this week. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    What is Tennessee doing? Are they trying to remain horrible at football?
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @DMW - what are the first sacrifices on the XXL altar of greatness??  I guess a hot-dog would not make the cut  ;)
    Based on the above and if the ratio scales like the other BGE sizes it will take another 15+ lbs to get to the top of the ring.  I need to stop by my dealer again just to refresh my memory of that beast.  Enjoy as I'm sure you will.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    DMW said:
    Just lit the XXL for the first time. That's an entire 15.44lb bag of Royal Oak, just barely fills the firebox.

Living vicariously on this first cook.

If they were smart, RO funded the R&D on the xxl.
    Phoenix 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited November 2017
    @lousubcap - Not sure I'll even cook anything the first outing, might just see how temp control is on the beast. I do have a pork loin in the fridge though.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    lousubcap said:
    @DMW - what are the first sacrifices on the XXL altar of greatness??  I guess a hot-dog would not make the cut  ;)
    Based on the above and if the ratio scales like the other BGE sizes it will take another 15+ lbs to get to the top of the ring.  I need to stop by my dealer again just to refresh my memory of that beast.  Enjoy as I'm sure you will.  
    I wouldn't be surprised if it took 2 more bags to get to the top of the ring.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Did another shoulder tender for lunch got a turkey going right now
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • DMW said:
    Just lit the XXL for the first time. That's an entire 15.44lb bag of Royal Oak, just barely fills the firebox.

"Like a virgin for the very first time" just saying..
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SciAggie
    Bacon wrapped dates -life changing. That is all. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DMW
    Got some lights hung

Tossed some hot dogs from the freezer on the XXL since it was hot

Rolled them out to the gap to get some color

Shut it down about 2 hours ago, just went and checked and the dome temp is still 250*. Was around 325* when I cooked the hot dogs. That's a lot of ceramic to cool off.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Better to be lucky than good any day... how did they taste?   Love the sense of humor right there.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    SciAggie said:
    @lousubcap That brisket makes me hungry. I could use some good beef after this week. 
    I made a brisket for TG, and right now I'm pining for a turkey sammich.   :)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    SciAggie said:
    Bacon wrapped dates -life changing. That is all. 

They just keep on coming! 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    @Botch And what am I cooking for supper? Roasted chicken. I’m a dumba$$...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Raging River Salmon, Minnesota lake rice and SV carrots grilled and topped with cashews and melted butter. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Raging River Salmon, Minnesota lake rice and SV carrots grilled and topped with cashews and melted butter. 
    Pretty plate and I'm sure, tasty!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2017
    @Botch - As you are well-aware, it is far easier to find a turkey sammich in the great majority of the world than a brisket banquet.  I get the over-kill with any protein (along with other groceries...) but you nailed it.  Enjoy the breaking with traditional turkey cook. I always (edit: go with) Sat or Sun to serve up the post Turkey purge cook.  FWIW-
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Looks great DoubleEgger! My Aunt who lived in New Hampshire always had my parents send her packages of Minnesota wild rice growing up. She couldn't find anything in comparison out East.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    I am enjoying Hawaiian music, drinking bourbon and moving well into LEO.  The post-turkey brisket banquet was a hit across the board.  The natives attacked with reckless abandon.  Apologize for the absence of post FTC pics but it was "slice and dice" as fast as I could work the knife.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    Grilled carrots with crushes cashews.  Stolen!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• DMW
    lousubcap said:
    Better to be lucky than good any day... how did they taste?   Love the sense of humor right there.  ;)
    They were hot dogs.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA