Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Checking out the "Best Of" the forum.  We are some sick bastids!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,563
    Options
    @johnnyp - just for me to be consistent, life should not contain "leftover point." ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Prepped some wings with Plowboy's Yardbird:

On the XL. Who says you can't do a two zone setup on an egg?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Checking out the "Best Of" the forum.  We are some sick bastids!
    I think "Best of" is a misnomer. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    13 bottles gone
    That Unanime is a really good bottle.  The Mrs and I have been working on a recent Willamette Pinot this afternoon.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Acn said:
    YukonRon said:
    13 bottles gone
    That Unanime is a really good bottle.  The Mrs and I have been working on a recent Willamette Pinot this afternoon.

Nice bottle there. Those bottles are all very good, if you get a chance, try the Earthquake Red Zinfandel. It will surprise you.  The reverse bottle is Grenache, was our last one, and a great bottle of wine.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    Options
    Sauced the wings with some Sweet Baby Ray's I thinned with Apple Cider Vinegar.

The four I managed to snag for myself.

Kids seemed to like them, but didn't want to pose for photos...

I took the pic of Princess first, so Big Guy knew what was coming and dashed for the sink to wash up.

Made 23 wings, and I got four... Needed more to eat, so I heated up some of the chicken curry I made last night.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The MEAT is ON

No anus with those ribs?  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    The MEAT is ON

Can't beat that!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    DMW said:
    Sauced the wings with some Sweet Baby Ray's I thinned with Apple Cider Vinegar.

The four I managed to snag for myself.

Kids seemed to like them, but didn't want to pose for photos...

I took the pic of Princess first, so Big Guy knew what was coming and dashed for the sink to wash up.

Made 23 wings, and I got four... Needed more to eat, so I heated up some of the chicken curry I made last night.

Did you get the old stand by "daaaaad!"?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,549
    Options
    Cold and rainy/snowy today, so I made some green chile stew (w/ground pork this time) in my pressure cooker, free-form without a recipe.  The canned diced "fire-roasted" 'maters didn't fall apart like I'd hoped, but the diced russets did.  Will have to immersion-blend the 'maters first next time, otherwise it was delicious.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just had homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon and sawmill gravy. No pics, but FTW!  That was a great idea. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,222
    Options
    Trying to get the smell of burnt macaronia, plastic, and paper out of my house.  The mixture smells like a subway bathroom at 2am.

At least now my kids know why they need to put water in their instant mac & cheese cups.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Life lessons. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Trying to get the smell of burnt macaronia, plastic, and paper out of my house.  The mixture smells like a subway bathroom at 2am.

At least now my kids know why they need to put water in their instant mac & cheese cups.
    :lol::lol::lol:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,643
    Options
    @Hans61 one of the best rib pics I've seen.  
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Reframed a frigging 90 year old ceiling (joists) this weekend because

1.) it needed it and

2.) i could. 

Old houses are great. They also suck

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Legume said:
    @Hans61 one of the best rib pics I've seen.  
    Thank man!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    13 bottles gone
    I so badly want to hang with you @yukonron...  
    I see sequoia grove in there.  Quick story - we ordered a bottle when on a panama canal  cruise about 10 years ago. Our waiter told us the owner was onboard. We asked if we could meet him. The next dinner the owner came over to our table without warning and sat and spoke with is for about 20 min. Here, we learned he grew up about 3 miles where I did in PA. So here we are on the pacific side of Panama, talking to a CA vineyard owner talking about small stores where I grew up. 

The word is small sometimes. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    Botch said:
    Hit a relatively new restaurant in Ogden for lunch, a "Scottish American Fish House".  Menu included Fish-n-chips, Shepard's Pie, Lobster, Oysters, Chowder, etc; wasn't too bad.  I noted they have Scottish Eggs on the breakfast menu too, I've never had one so will be up for a revisit.  

Is Haggis still illegal in the U.S.?  We can eat hot dogs, breakfast sausages, mortadellas and even Anus Loafs™ * but not stuffed stomachs?

*© 2015 @SGH Productions, Ltd
    Haggis? Depends on the recipe. There is a place by me that makes it, but it is a far, far cry from what you can get in Scotland (http://www.thewhiptavern.com/twt_dinner.html    scroll down to the bottom of the page.) The times I have had it it was served like a meatloaf. The ingredients are also "adapted" for the US market. However, I do not believe it is because of the stomach,  you can buy stomach for food here. I believe it is the other organ meat in traditional Scottish recipes that is not allowed to be used in the US. One organ I am sure of is lung. True Scottish haggis includes diced lung which the USDA does not approve of as "editable" or "food". (I know I am not using all the correct terminology here, but you get the idea.)

Man, you got me thinking of the Haggis I had on Burn's night in the Whiski room in Edinburgh (http://www.whiskirooms.co.uk/about/17-burns-night-supper-2017.html) I would pay $100 for a plate of that right now. It was fantastic.
    Large and MiniMax

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just sitting in the hospital waiting for the new baby.
    That's all? Nothing else?

Just kidding man!!!  Hope all goes well! I will say congratulations when the baby goes and is at home with you.  Assuming it is yours that is....
    Large and MiniMax

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Lit said:
    Day drinking afterwards?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Day drinking afterwards?  
    Afterwards?
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Day drinking afterwards?  
    Afterwards?

I should have known!  Not dealing with an amateur here!    
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Day drinking afterwards?  
    Afterwards?

I should have known!  Not dealing with an amateur here!    
    Ain't no party like a Labor and Delivery Unit party.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    YukonRon said:
    13 bottles gone
    I so badly want to hang with you @yukonron...  
    I see sequoia grove in there.  Quick story - we ordered a bottle when on a panama canal  cruise about 10 years ago. Our waiter told us the owner was onboard. We asked if we could meet him. The next dinner the owner came over to our table without warning and sat and spoke with is for about 20 min. Here, we learned he grew up about 3 miles where I did in PA. So here we are on the pacific side of Panama, talking to a CA vineyard owner talking about small stores where I grew up. 

The word is small sometimes. 
    Great story. Thank you for sharing. It is a small world after all. You are certainly welcome anytime you you are able. Part of the fun is the friends we find along the way.
    SG is a fave of mine, we seem to keep it on hand all the time. Small quick story, I was rehabbing a leg injury while in Northern Cal, and I also had the opportunity to meet with the wine maker for SG. He took me to his testing and storage facility and we tasted several years of their wine. 2007 was the best at that time, and each of the other vintages compared rather nicely, hardly showing any separation. Great people.
    I hope we do get to hang sometime, I think I would learn a lot.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky