Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @ Acn- In my mind there are few things you can truly provide for your children; love, time, values and education.  Hard to believe that in this day and age the school doesn't have some sort of accelerated program but I could see where that would run afoul of the current lowering of standards movement that seems to be the new norm.
    Now back to the rib cook-how do you like the oakridge black ops?
    I understand, and my wife and I have gone around - does it make more sense to challenge her academically and not do things like our trip to Paris earlier this year, or not challenge her at school but provide art/culture/etc lessons outside the class.  Right now we're looking at the first, but we have struggled with it.  And if we could plan on going to middle school of our choice because she has great grades and great teacher recommendations it might be a different choice.

Regarding the Black Ops - I love it.  It is my go to for big cuts of beef; brisket, ribs, or for pulled beef.  It is definitely pepper forward, but there is enough going on in the background to make it more interesting than straight s&p.  It also browns up very well and makes for a fantastic crust.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I call these "Hulk Smash Chicken Tits". 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Knife, fork, beer can, and yogurt cup with spoon in background. For the win!! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @bgebrent -  with a little creativity you could join the prestigious diamond plate club.  However, you would require a nomination and second then approval by @Mattman3969.  That sequence may be out of reach-especially since you served up a clock-box cook above.  ;)  (But it looks great, fwiw)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Another beautiful day in the mountains.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hans61
    Options
    @yljkt never been very good at plates pics :-) 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options

Is that chimichurri sauce?
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Hans61 said:

Who is Chimichurri? Is that the Hulk's nickname?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    I shot a nice 9 point buck Saturday evening and helped butcher it today. It was interesting seeing it after skinning and most of the meat was off.

I've helped with hogs before but not deer. We are going to put it all into jerky and sausage so we didn't have to worry about making the right cuts. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hans61 said:

No it's an herb sauce from APL.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @bgebrent good timing, I'm planning on making these next week. Did you parcook the bacon? Have you done them on the egg? Seems like the scallop would finish a lot sooner than the bacon. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Bacon wrapped sea scallops with spicy mayo. A favorite.  Broiled in the oven. 

Looks great Brent. Here's a little bacon and scallops I did awhile back, but a bit differently.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166426/bacon-scallops-and-meat-glue

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @bgebrent good timing, I'm planning on making these next week. Did you parcook the bacon? Have you done them on the egg? Seems like the scallop would finish a lot sooner than the bacon. 
    Brother @blind99, I haven't done these on the egg yet but intend to.  I agree with a short par cook of the bacon.  I'm gonna try standard grid level and 400.  Let me know how your cook goes my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options

DMW said:
    bgebrent said:

Looks great Brent. Here's a little bacon and scallops I did awhile back, but a bit differently.

Dwayne, damn!  That's a great technique beyond my pay grade that looks spectacular!  Please come visit and cook that.  Seriously.
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:

DMW said:
    bgebrent said:

Dwayne, damn!  That's a great technique beyond my pay grade that looks spectacular!  Please come visit and cook that.  Seriously.
    I've been in a meat glue rut. Lately it's just been taking up space in my freezer. I need to correct that soon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:

DMW said:
    bgebrent said:

I've been in a meat glue rut. Lately it's just been taking up space in my freezer. I need to correct that soon.
    Meat glue is my favorite!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    ^^^^ TWSS ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @bgebrent will do.  planning to do a maple-bourbon glazed bacon-wrapped scallop app.  i've seen some things lately about throwing a pack of bacon in the sous vide, it might be a good way to get the step done ahead of time and easy.

@dmw thanks for that - meat glue might need to be part of this cook, just for the principle of it.  and that there's a package of it buried in my freezer somewhere, that hasn't been touched since i tried gluing bacon to chicken :)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Damn, I like your thinking.  Post it up man!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @bgebrent will do.  planning to do a maple-bourbon glazed bacon-wrapped scallop app.  i've seen some things lately about throwing a pack of bacon in the sous vide, it might be a good way to get the step done ahead of time and easy.

@dmw thanks for that - meat glue might need to be part of this cook, just for the principle of it.  and that there's a package of it buried in my freezer somewhere, that hasn't been touched since i tried gluing bacon to chicken :)
    Blind...congrats on the WS win. Sorry to hijack the thread....but sure you want mind.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Wait to you feel the heat from that thing.  Warms you to the bone. 

Looks like you you had one causality, maybe, during the install? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @Sea2Ski that brick was broken before they installed it. They just broke it more lol
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    End of year soccer party. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    End of year soccer party. 

All the adults, right?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said: