Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Just swam 1k back and forth across a lake in Orlando.  Water temp was 69,0, and I damn near froze my .... off.   I’ve swam in colder water temps before, but this wasn’t fun.   
    You'd be lucky to get 69F water temp any time of year here in the UK.
    I got the temp from my watch, and it said min temp 64 avg temp 66.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    @TTC Sorry man, thoughts are with you and your family.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Just swam 1k back and forth across a lake in Orlando.  Water temp was 69,0, and I damn near froze my .... off.   I’ve swam in colder water temps before, but this wasn’t fun.   
    You'd be lucky to get 69F water temp any time of year here in the UK.
    Met a guy at the lake from the UK this morning. He was from the London area and said he could get in the water April - Sep but went with a wetsuit often. He had one on today.
    Most open water swimmers wear a wetsuit here. Last time I went down with Anne and Dom (me just driving, I'm not getting in), Dom was the only one in the water without a wetsuit.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    welcome! @ BigPeanUs
    LOL we are Pig and bean farmers.  But that is a clever twist on my forum name here, well done.
    This has the smell of mint if you ask me.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that?
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    @PigBeanUs , so cool that you run a pig and bean farm.  Endless pork n beans. I love it. 
    It has made for some great meals for sure.  Some nights we don't even need to turn the radio on, there's so much natural music in the house ;)
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,139
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Couple of shots of our Big Bessie and her little ones here.  Sorry the pics are a little blurry.  I don't take very good ones.

Beautiful pigs!  What breed do you raise?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited November 2019
    Options
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Man, since they hid the flagger identity, you snowflakes have gone nuts.  Wtf is wrong with this?

way to welcome the new guy.  (Assuming it’s a dude)

PigBeanUs said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    welcome! @ BigPeanUs
    LOL we are Pig and bean farmers.  But that is a clever twist on my forum name here, well done.
    This has the smell of mint if you ask me.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that?

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    Man, since they hid the flagger identity, you snowflakes have gone nuts.  
    Yep. Someone disagreed with me when I said what I was going to cook. I guess they can see the future and know that I am going to change my mind. If I wasn’t such a nice guy I would call them a jack wagon. Or worse.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Couple of shots of our Big Bessie and her little ones here.  Sorry the pics are a little blurry.  I don't take very good ones.

Thank you.  We have mostly Berkshires, but we have a couple of American Landraces too.  It's not a very big farm.  We try to follow restorative pasture raised practices and bio-intensive agriculture.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Thank you.  We have mostly Berkshires, but we have a couple of American Landraces too.  It's not a very big farm.  We try to follow restorative pasture raised practices and bio-intensive agriculture.  
    What is bio-intensive agriculture?  I’m too lazy for google. 
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Just think organic farming.  
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,139
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    PigBeanUs said:

So freaking cool. Welcome again, can’t wait to see your future posts. 
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Eating at 17th st bbq, of Mike Mills fame. Having a beer and some pork stuffed potato skins for a quick lunc . 
    You at the original or the one in Marion?  Went to the OG many of times back in my college days.

I went to the **** one in Marion. The OG one is always legit,  the one in marion always disappoints. And it did again today. At least the beers were cold. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Just think organic farming.  
    Can I order some pork?

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I get it that this is your coming out party. Fine.  please respect the no fly zone in this thread once you get started. Thanks in advance. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Phaqallyall
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    I get it that this is your coming out party. Fine.  please respect the no fly zone in this thread once you get started. Thanks in advance. 

sound it out yaidjit
  • johnnyp
    Options
    Thanks comrade
  • Phaqallyall
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Thanks comrade
    You guys with your purity posts are too much. God forbid one of the twenty nine trolls on this site posts a comment in the forum’s catchall garbage bin.
    sound it out yaidjit
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Trying to figure out why I've been using Gmail all these years even though I hate the UI.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • johnnyp
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Thanks comrade
    You guys with your purity posts are too much. God forbid one of the twenty nine trolls on this site posts a comment in the forum’s catchall garbage bin.
    It's not your fault

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,958
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Looks like Tesla hired a couple 11 year olds to design their new truck:

Kind of funny watching Elon talk about the their new super strong glass that can handle high impacts. Only to have two windows shatter during their demonstration. 

that is one ugly vehicle
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I'd love to have an F-150 with Stainless body panels. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,102
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I'd love to have an F-150 with Stainless body panels. 
    At least @stlcharcoal has something to tow his Delorean around with now
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota