Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Just swam 1k back and forth across a lake in Orlando.  Water temp was 69,0, and I damn near froze my .... off.   I’ve swam in colder water temps before, but this wasn’t fun.   
    You'd be lucky to get 69F water temp any time of year here in the UK.
    I don't do cold water......nope.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Just swam 1k back and forth across a lake in Orlando.  Water temp was 69,0, and I damn near froze my .... off.   I’ve swam in colder water temps before, but this wasn’t fun.   
    Me too. Summer on the beach in Cornwall the sea is 58 - 60 F, our youngest is happy in the waves for a couple of hours with no wetsuit.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,958
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Me too. Summer on the beach in Cornwall the sea is 58 - 60 F, our youngest is happy in the waves for a couple of hours with no wetsuit.
    about the same in maine. any warmer and whats the point
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Posting on the forum for the first time!  Woohoo my account was finally approved!
    Welcome and enjoy.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    welcome! @ BigPeanUs
    welcome! @ BigPeanUs
    LOL we are Pig and bean farmers.  But that is a clever twist on my forum name here, well done.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    This Ian fine for work right?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    welcome! @ BigPeanUs
    LOL we are Pig and bean farmers.  But that is a clever twist on my forum name here, well done.
    Any problems with the pigs eating the legumes?
    Options
    Just put on a 5# butt.  Gonna pull and use in a pot of chili.  Q: add PP to the chili pot and let simmer for a couple hours?  Or add shortly before eating?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SGH said:
    I know that Lodge does not get a lot of attention here. But I got this ole comal looking pretty darn good. It’s going to be my dedicated tortilla pan. 

I prefer their 14" pizza pan... same shape (minus the handle) and you can cook 3-4 at once. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,170
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    welcome! @ BigPeanUs
    This has the smell of mint if you ask me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Welcome to the BGE life

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    welcome! @ BigPeanUs
    I read that pig farmers have a big problem disposing of waste.  Do you just use it to fertilize the beans?
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,139
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Posting on the forum for the first time!  Woohoo my account was finally approved!
    Welcome aboard, @PigBeanUs !  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    welcome! @ BigPeanUs

this doesn't even remotely pass the sniff test given the way things work around here but I will hold off full judgement until more data is gathered.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Pigging out at the pot luck then a nap in the car. 
  • SonVolt
    Options
    It's not a pot luck until I see frozen meatballs swimming in a crock-pot of grape jelly. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,139
    Options
    @PigBeanUs , so cool that you run a pig and bean farm.  Endless pork n beans. I love it. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,925
    Options
    Picking out Satudays cook 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Eating at 17th st bbq, of Mike Mills fame. Having a beer and some pork stuffed potato skins for a quick lunc . 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Eating at 17th st bbq, of Mike Mills fame. Having a beer and some pork stuffed potato skins for a quick lunc . 
    You at the original or the one in Marion?  Went to the OG many of times back in my college days.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SonVolt
    Options
    Curry farts are the best farts. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    everyone likes their own brand...
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Met a guy at the lake from the UK this morning. He was from the London area and said he could get in the water April - Sep but went with a wetsuit often. He had one on today.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95