Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    Just got off the phone with a program manager at NSF.  They're going to fund a project I put in this spring.  $750k to Duke and MIT.  It's a joint project I submitted with a colleague there.  

Always nice to get that kind of phone call.   NSF grants are uber-competitive.  
    Congratulations ole buddy👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,385
    Options
    My future wife Alex with a huge goal!
    Las Vegas, NV

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,167
    Options
    Just got off the phone with a program manager at NSF.  They're going to fund a project I put in this spring.  $750k to Duke and MIT.  It's a joint project I submitted with a colleague there.  

That is something to be proud of. Congrats.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    My future wife Alex with a huge goal!

I don't know what you are talking about, she and I have plans already.  She just might not know about it yet.  minor details.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina Congratulations. That’s exciting news. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,647
    Options

Uber special John.  Best and brightest stuff right there.  Glad I could help with some of my tax dollars.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,554
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina  Congrats Brother!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,264
    Options

Congrats. Hopefully some of that money will be spent traveling through the best airport ever. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,121
    Options

Congrats. Hopefully some of that money will be spent traveling through the best airport ever. 
    Fortunately there are direct flights from RDU to Boston.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,622
    Options
    Congratulations @JohnInCarolina.. Awesome achievement John.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,375
    Options
    Congrats @JohnInCarolina !! I forget...what is the study??? Something like "Fracture Analysis in Intramuscular Cleaving of Porcine Butts as it Relates to Time and Temperature in Long Duration Smoking Environments"?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Congrats @JohnInCarolina !! I forget...what is the study??? Something like "Fracture Analysis in Intramuscular Cleaving of Porcine Butts as it Relates to Time and Temperature in Long Duration Smoking Environments"?
    Great memory!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,572
    Options
    This is for @Botch  =)
    Gorgeous!  You need to up your shutter speed though.   ;)

Beautiful cats.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,264
    Options
    RIP Lee Iacocca 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

My BIL is working this summer for the University of Alabama football team. 

Figured we would treat him when he came home last weekend for 4th of July. 

Served a tomahawk with brussel sprouts tossed in honey, Parmesan, and a plethora of bacon. 
    Dude.  Where do I sign up to be your next BIL?
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,108
    Options
    Pretty sure that was good......beautiful!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,621
    Options

Served a tomahawk with brussel sprouts tossed in honey, Parmesan, and a plethora of bacon. 
    Caveman for the finish.  Great cook and presentation.  Looks like some mighty fine brown water playing quite a supporting role!  Congrats and best of luck to your BIL.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Well it’s either start banging my sister or SIL. It hardly seems worth a steak IMO 😂
    For John, there is probably another option....
    Options

Well it’s either start banging my sister or SIL. It hardly seems worth a steak IMO 😂
    For John, there is probably another option....
    I certainly hope so!  Otherwise this is all going to be a little bit tricky to explain to the wife...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

Beautiful Adam!  Drooling beautiful.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Working on that #BGEbrent status while in purgatory

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Working on that #BGEbrent status while in purgatory
    LOL. It’s overrated. Good to see you cooking here.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options

Ok. You win. Dayum...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    Sure doesn't compare to @Killit_and_Grillit and his beautiful tomahawk, but these shrimp tacos were fantastic
    Cesar Hernandez approves my friend👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.