Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    A ferocious little thunder storm chock full of lightning and thunder rolled over and knocked the power out for a minute.  Standby generator fired up, but the power came back on before it transferred. 

Time to reset a billion appliance clocks.... sigh.
    Options
    A ferocious little thunder storm chock full of lightning and thunder rolled over and knocked the power out for a minute.  Standby generator fired up, but the power came back on before it transferred. 

Carey what is your delay time from loss of power to transfer to generator
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,559
    edited July 2019
    Options
    We had a rash of those off and right back on power issues last night.  A few  were measured well less than 5 second intervals.  Plays he!! with everything. 
    Edit: clock reset completed last night and so far, so good.  Good luck with getting finished and stable before you get another hic-cup. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Carey what is your delay time from loss of power to transfer to generator
    @johnmitchell I think it's around 30 seconds before the generator starts up and another 45 to warm up before the transfer switch flips.

I have delay relays on all my ACs and a super start capacitor on the 5 ton unit to help it start with less of a brown out.
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Did a chuckie, SV 25 hours at 135⁰F. Seared in the CI 3-4 min/side at about 500⁰F. Used some evoo, minced garlic and gunpowder sealed in the bag.
    Was going to do a fajita recipe I saw a couple days ago. 1 bite, screw that. We did something different, used bleu cheese cole slaw and made wraps....
    gotta say.....next time I am blackening it in the CI.
    This was absolutely delicious, and I am going to try a few new things on the next cook.
    I collected about a pint of juice that will be frozen and added to Robin's @northGAcock
    Bloody Marie recipe.
    It is awesome.
    I'll bet that really did not suck.....nice!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,549
    Options
    Just got done at urgent care, wife needed stitches in her face. Board fell taking apart loft bed 

Docs and nurses wouldn't let me back until they were sure I didnt beat her, but it didnt help that we walked in and made a few jokes about it at first. 

4 stitches later and all is well 
    Ouch, glad she's okay!  
    And it never occurred to me that joking about that could set off alarms, but here we are.   :|

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    made the pasta from scratch, used Larry's Italian sausage.   SWMBO was screaming for dinner, cut into the first one too hot, so it doesn't look purdy but there's nothing better than fresh pasta...
    Options

Do not leave this out in front of me. I swear whatever was left that I did not eat, I would stuff in my pockets and take home.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Once you start making pasta from scratch, it’s hard to go back. Good looking grub there my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    This is for @Botch  =)
    Options
    This is for @Botch  =)
    The main reason we want to go to Brisket Camp is to see the cat (
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Carrie,
    Scottie would be proud. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Carrie,
    Scottie would be proud. 
    Is there a recipe for smoked, shaved, feline anus?

Just tell me no.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    Carrie,
    Scottie would be proud. 
    Is there a recipe for smoked, shaved, feline anus?

Just tell me no.
    Best post of all time!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,559
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Brisket tacos - from frozen leftovers. I fed this to some high school boys doing some work for me - they thought they were getting 5 star treatment. 

If I were fed that I would think Five Star as well!  And be back the next day to go again. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    For @Mickey ....Gizzard Roulade 

I’m in buddy. What all is in this
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,810
    Options
    @Mickey , just homemade bacon and gizzard's...I bound together the gizzards with transglutaminase ( Meat Glue ) for 24 Hours, then "glued " the bacon on for another 24....Sous Vide for 24 Hours @ 140 then crisped up the bacon....seasoned with S & P ..Total experiment that panned out, no toothpicks ....Have a Chicken Heart Roulade in the fridge 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    so few here in the pot for gizzards....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,810
    Options
    Mickey said:
    so few here in the pot for gizzards....
    Missing out
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Just laid the carpet tiles in my kids bedroom. Need to re attach the trim 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options
    Gametime!
    Saving Megan for later??
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Gametime!
    Saving Megan for later??
    You confident?
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2019
    Options
    USA scores!