Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Found the car I want in Chicago, local dealer wouldn't touch the price. Negotiated $5400 under msrp on it without much hassle. Pretty pleased. 

Sucks though I have to fly to Chicago on new years eve to get it. 
    Ya that may suck. But you just saved 5 grand.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Plane ticket is only 75 bucks, so not a huge expense 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Options
    Found the car I want in Chicago, local dealer wouldn't touch the price. Negotiated $5400 under msrp on it without much hassle. Pretty pleased. 

Cheaper and less time to have it shipped
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wishing everyone a better start to their day that what I had.  
    #HotelLife

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Wishing everyone a better start to their day that what I had.  
    #HotelLife

Did you fall in? 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Free night's stay for the true pain in the A$$.  Moved to a suite??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @northGAcock - It has probably been four decades plus since I had a glass of milk.  Milk shakes a few times but no straight-up milk.  No allergies when I gave it up-just not appealing. 
    Breakfast of champions chocolate chip cookies and beer  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    I didn’t know buffalos could be milked.  I guess they have nipples, and a wise man once told me that, “If it has nipples, you can milk it!” 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I didn’t know buffalos could be milked.  I guess they have nipples, and a wise man once told me that, “If it has nipples, you can milk it!” 
    I have nipples, Can you milk me?
  • thetrim
    Options
    Regarding my toilet Seat, all our thrones in the house are the slow lowering kind.  I’ve spent several alcohol field nights in hotel rooms with little or no damage.   This morning was a wake up lowering of the seat and you see the results.  Very little alcohol involved last night, and I’m quite sure it all metabolized out while I slept!  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    st¡ke said:

Cheaper and less time to have it shipped
    Then I miss out on the getting acquainted ride home

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I have nipples, Can you milk me?

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    New reading material

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Resting a flank

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Doing Common Core math with my 2nd grader.  I understand the concept, but, the concept is stupid.  
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    I love a good lyricist, but I hate poets.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Doing Common Core math with my 2nd grader.  I understand the concept, but, the concept is stupid.  
    I just asked my wife (30 years teaching 2nd grade) about Common Core math.  After a lengthy explanation that I didn't understand at all, she pretty much said it's just stupid. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Talked to my 16 yo son today regarding a new job I'm looking at. 

His first question, without hesitation, was, "Will you get to be home more?"

Fahk.  Gutted.

As I sit in my hotel room with a half of a toilet seat.

Someone needs a redistribution of priorities.
    I truly get that but I will offer the this:  Following transition to a life in the bidness world, after a few months SWMBO inquired, "Don't you have an extended trip anywhere out there?"  Fortunately I was then steady-state with one kid in the 2nd grade and one in 6th.  Now with the same address for the longest time ( 20 years) in my several decades of life.  I moved on before HS was the true development environment that it is known to be.
    Good luck-as I always say, from the late great Leroy "Satchel" Paige, "Don't look back, somethin might be gainin on ya." Wherever you land, go for it as you guys are trained to do.  FWIW-
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options

New model for working the gl

where  did you see that? Find or buy?
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I just asked my wife (30 years teaching 2nd grade) about Common Core math.  After a lengthy explanation that I didn't understand at all, she pretty much said it's just stupid. 
    I can understand the fact that I think it is dumb because it is not how I was taught. They have these kids learning to subtract by adding and using a weird number line to show their work. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Making chicken stock
    It looks mighty fine my friend👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Put up some new shelves.  Now to dust off some crap and load em up...
    Options

Options
    bucky925 said:
    I can understand the fact that I think it is dumb because it is not how I was taught. They have these kids learning to subtract by adding and using a weird number line to show their work. 
    I don't know how it works in the US, but I find some of the maths teaching here to be designed around following a process rather than understanding. The process is often stupid.
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Phaqallyall
    Options
    Taking a giant dump.  I love the holidays. 
    sound it out yaidjit