Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just finished sewing up some stuffed toy for my gf. Shes a children's counselor..said theres some research where weighted toys help children cope better in sessions....she didnt want to pay the $$$ for one ...so she cut open a stuffed toy ..filled it with sand and couldn't put humpty dumpty back together ....hence she called me

I feel like she's just making me practice for down the road (years)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,131
    thetrim said:
    This was dinner.  

Looks like Spanish Tavern?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    thetrim said:
    This was dinner.  

That was stock photography he found on Pexels. He actually took @JohnInCarolina's advice. This was just a cover-up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    edited August 2018
    Just made bulgogi marinade for 5.3 pounds of thinly sliced beef chuck.  I will be doing the honors on the LBGE tomorrow night.  Also made a ginger soy dipping sauce.  A gojuchang aioli, and a whole heap of ssamjung.  Tomorrow night 3 other couples are coming over for our nearly monthly international cuisine attempt.  We've done India, Chinese and Italian so far.  Korean night tomorrow is stretching a few of the couples for sure - but at least I've got beef bulgogi, black rice pudding, sticky brown rice, shishito peppers, kimchi and a couple of garlicky dipping sauces to keep it real. Pics if they happen.

Oh yeah - all this, AND all while consuming some exceptional local KC beers from Martin City Brewing, Torn Label and Boulevard Brewing. 

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • DMW
    vb4677 said:
    Just made bulgogi marinade for 5.3 pounds of thinly sliced beef chuck.  I will be doing the honors on the LBGE tomorrow nigh.  Also made a ginger soy dipping sauce.  A gojuchang aioli, and a heap of ssamjung.  Tomorrow night 3 other couples are coming over for our almost monthly international cuisine attempt.  We've done India, Chinese and Italian so far.  Korean night tomorrow is stretching a few of the couples for sure - but at least I've got bulgogi, black rice pudding, sticky brown rice, shishito peppers, kimchi and a couple of garlicky dipping sauces to keep it real. Pics if they happen.

Oh yeah - all this, AND consuming some exceptional KC beers from Martin City Brewing, Torn Label and Boulevard Brewing. 

Do you have an open spot in your driveway or on the street by your house?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    edited August 2018
    thetrim said:
    This was dinner.  

Very good.  Nice guess.  What a cool spot.  I only ate about half and gave the other half to a very nice gentleman I met on the street that needed it way more than I did.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    This was dinner.  

Very good.  Nice guess.  What a cool spot.  I only ate about half and gave the other half to a very nice gentleman I met on the street that needed it way more than I did.  
    Good on you man.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    DMW said:
    vb4677 said:
    Just made bulgogi marinade for 5.3 pounds of thinly sliced beef chuck.  I will be doing the honors on the LBGE tomorrow nigh.  Also made a ginger soy dipping sauce.  A gojuchang aioli, and a heap of ssamjung.  Tomorrow night 3 other couples are coming over for our almost monthly international cuisine attempt.  We've done India, Chinese and Italian so far.  Korean night tomorrow is stretching a few of the couples for sure - but at least I've got bulgogi, black rice pudding, sticky brown rice, shishito peppers, kimchi and a couple of garlicky dipping sauces to keep it real. Pics if they happen.

Oh yeah - all this, AND consuming some exceptional KC beers from Martin City Brewing, Torn Label and Boulevard Brewing. 

Do you have an open spot in your driveway or on the street by your house?
    Sure! Just park in the middle up close to the house, where my kids would park....

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I am about to light my tractor on fire, piece of crap

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW
    Man, if you're gonna do it, don't announce it. Insurance companies have web crawlers ya know...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    DMW said:
    Man, if you're gonna do it, don't announce it. Insurance companies have web crawlers ya know...
    probably just hyperbole, Dwayne
    DMW said:
    probably just hyperbole, Dwayne
    Man, you're so logical and stuff.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    I was speaking hyperbole when I discussed the the disappearance of the rabbits.

Web crawlers are the work of the devil.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wondering why I woke up at 4 this morning for the umpteenth time and once again can’t go back to sleep. This is getting really old. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • YukonRon
    DMW said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Hangover food. Sweet potato hash with brats and eggs 
    You have no idea how bad I need that in my life right now...
    Hair of the dog. Get in it to win it.
    Counting on you brother. Big weekend ahead, need all my consultants on line and ready....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    DMW said:
    Its not insured, its a 1950 ford 8n and i currently hate it

• YukonRon
    Got tannerite?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    I do actually. But then the field wont get mowed

• DMW
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Counting on you brother. Big weekend ahead, need all my consultants on line and ready....
    I'm on it.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    I see Scrapple!  Yum!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    thetrim said:
    I see Scrapple!  Yum!
    Hope you got a chance to get some pork roll while in NJ. Pork roll is to NJ what scrapple is to the greater Philly area.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,131
    Seems my Ace has figured out how to get around all the great coupons I use for Rockwood.

Stopped in with a $10 off $20, I was excited, usually I use $5 off or $7 off.

Unfortunately, they are now running a month long sale at $1.50 off.  So I cannot use my coupons.  I even asked if they charge full price then use the coupon.  No dice.

I hope this month long sale is an outlier because I got used to cheap RW prices.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    ColtsFan said:
    May or may not have just had a $100 shot of Tequila on the house, of course 
    Casa Dragones Joven?
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• The_Stache
    DMW said:

Dewayne, look up the "hack" to permanently set the safety off!  (Involves a properly placed wood/plastic screw.  Then it's pump and shoot!!!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    ColtsFan said:
    Casa Dragones Joven?
       :o what did he say?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • The_Stache
    ColtsFan said:
    Casa Dragones Joven?
       :o what did he say?
    Hey Robin, look it up.  It's a high end Tequila made in MX by the group that originated MTV.  The Joven (in 'murican) YOUNG is off the top fresh un-aged tequila and quite ta$ty!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• YukonRon
    edited August 2018
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm on it.

I am proud to be your friend. Way to make it happen.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky