Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner in NOLA... at nola's!!

Options
2»

Comments

• travisstrick
    Options

Mickey said:

Thanks for making us part of your dinner. The guest list was sure top notch. Love it when forum members link up, always a blast.

I had lunch with young Travis and his dad today in Lampasas. Let's just say the Apple did not fall far from the tree.

That may be the best complement I've ever been given. Cliché and nostalgia aside, I'd do naughty things to be half the man he is.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Thanks for making us part of your dinner. The guest list was sure top notch. Love it when forum members link up, always a blast.

I had lunch with young Travis and his dad today in Lampasas. Let's just say the Apple did not fall far from the tree.
    That may be the best complement I've ever been given. Cliché and nostalgia aside, I'd do naughty things to be half the man he is.

seemed like a great dude but he could have been Bill Cosby and I still would have been there (too soon?). I enjoyed it thoroughly but most of all it was a very welcome distraction from playing tech support for the home-bound in laws. Wheeeeeeeee!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

We were somewhere within a 10 mile circle of y'all.  Wonder why we didn't hear all the commotion??? Must have been our own commotion making too much noise. 

One thing's for sure, he covered all of the "Impress The Guests" areas.  Looks and sounds great.

See you in Salado.

Spring "Time To Get Ready For Changing All The Clocks Forward By A Year" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Wow!  

My guess is "what is easy cheese?" for 1000, Alex. 
    OK, that is one way to interpret the question.

I was thinking, he was asking what is "drawn", as it looks like the other two you can more clearly see  are the infinity symbol and then I think it is 666, partially concealed by the hand.
    so I'm guessing with this crowd, and the way the question was posed, it could be something rude, crude, and socially unacceptable so I'm going to guess the part we can't see would be shaped like the head of a pecker.

OK, yes, my mind lives in the gutter sometimes, but hey, what if I'm right.

Why in the world would someone flag this response as off-topic?
    I got the answer right.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Awesome post...Great read.. :))
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

So far, I have not heard from lawyers or police, so I believe everyone survived any encounters with hot pockets and their gastrointestinal tracts.  (am I saying that right @Caliking?)

Yep, you said it right. But that may be because I was the only one who ate a Hot Pocket! Anyone who turns one down has just not been drunk enough at some point in their life to appreciate their fine flavor.

And did I read correctly that these had been dry-aged for a week in the back of your car? If that is correct then I submit that alcohol consumption is more effective, and far more enjoyable, than taking antibiotics. I was pretty juiced up while in NOLA. That must have helped.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    @caliking, NOLA was JOKING about the aging of the Hot Pockets in the Porsche! He would not have let anyone taste them if that were the case. I told him to retract that statement, knowing it might give you cause to pause... 
    That said, Hot Pockets probably have enough preservatives in them to age like Twinkies.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @caliking, NOLA was JOKING about the aging of the Hot Pockets in the Porsche! He would not have let anyone taste them if that were the case. I told him to retract that statement, knowing it might give you cause to pause... 
    That said, Hot Pockets probably have enough preservatives in them to age like Twinkies.
    No worries. If things smell ok, then they go down the pie-hole. The HP's passed the whiff test. Also, half a lifetime of eating street-food in Calcutta has given me a militant gut microbiome :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.