Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table rebuild.

Options
1235»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ^^^just joking my friend.  Party monster is an outstanding kid.

He does love to F$c$ up though!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Dude that is a very substantial piece of wood
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    Finally home. At long last. Time to get back to cooking.

imageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

@sgh the table looks great!  i'm glad you didn't sand out all the imperfections.  people pay extra for those kinds of touches!

@dekade thanks for the post about finishing.  I wish I had that when I was trying to redo a kitchen table last year.

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    edited November 2014
    Options
    haha, I need new glasses, when I looked at the first photo on top of page 3, I thought you built an arched roof, duh   :\">
    canuckland
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    @SGH, don't convert. Government would mess it up and then charge you double and tell you it's your fault.

• Dekade
    Dekade Posts: 52
    Options
    @blind99 You are very welcome. Anytime anyone wants help on the forum with wood products, staining, and finishing just give me a shout. It will be my pleasure to help anyone.
  • Dekade
    Options
    @SGH It looks really nice. I am pleased with the top coat. It seems to be dust free. Great job. Enjoy it. You deserve it.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Dekade‌
    Thanks man. Here is another shot of it.

Status- Standing by.

• Dekade
    Options
    @SGH
    Yep. You're ready to rock n' roll!
  • SGH
    Options
    After seeing this pic on another thread of mine that got bumped, I don't feel quite as bad about the out come of my table. While it certainly won't win no beauty contest, it's no longer a ugly ducking. image

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Wow. That was rough! Good job. Staining wood is down there with grinding welds in my list of hated jobs.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    Options
    @Jeremiah‌
    Thanks man. I fully agree, I will never stain anything again. That was brutal!! To much like work!!

Status- Standing by.