Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot & Fast Select Brisket Test.

Options

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Epic cook! Looks great! Looking forward to final results of the brisket and the stuffed chicken.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,800
    Options
    @blind99‌
    Thank you brother. Here is the shrimp stuffed, deboned chicken completed my friend.imageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    @SGH - I don't know what to say other than.. WOW!
  • SGH
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    Thank you brother. You are to kind my friend.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    The brisket sizzling away at 408 degrees smoker temp. I dropped the humidity inside the cook chamber to 48% to start tightening the brisket up a little at this point.imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Dillonjm
    Options
    Truly impressive! Loved those steaks hanging on hooks..
    Backyard BBQ Dude
    1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA
  • SGH
    Options
    @Dillonjm‌
    Thank you brother. I have been experiment with the hooks and really like the results thus far. Helps to get a very consistent color as well as a very even "cook" if you will. Again thanks for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Now those are some great rub eyes... That mini seems to be fantastic for searing....
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Brother I wish that I would have bought a mini years ago. It honestly makes better steaks than the large egg. And thank you for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Dillonjm
    Options
    I've never seen steaks on hooks before, pretty cool and they looked great.

I am already trying to figure out how to manage getting a small or mini. I am still trying to get decent with the large and grilling overall, lol.
    Backyard BBQ Dude

Northern VA
  • SGH
    Options
    @Dillonjm‌
    Brother you do excellent in your cooks. A little advice my friend. If you don't already have a mini or small wait and get the mini/max. Why? It's the best of both worlds combined. If you don't won't to wait on the mini/max someone else makes one. I think that it's red in color. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Dillonjm
    Options
    @SGH
    I might have to look into that and thanks for the kind words. I truly love grilling now and just want to keep learning.
    Backyard BBQ Dude

Northern VA
  • SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Dillonjm‌
    Just my opinion but I think that you will be happier with the mini/max. Why? The height of the mini with the grid capacity of the small. Best of both eggs combined into one egg. Also if you have a large you can use the mini/max grids on a spider in your large for searing. You won't have to buy seperate sear grids. The mini/max uses the same grids as the small egg. I think that it's a well thought out design. Or one could argue that it's a "copy" if you will. But a excellent design nonetheless.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks great! You said you dropped Pit RH to 48%. How are you monitoring and controlling RH? Being a HVAC/R guy this interests me even more so. A modified digital sling psychrometer?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    You guessed it my friend. I have a few friends in the AC industry that help me along here and there. Also I have a sling psychrometer for checking RH/DP at work before allowing coating to be applied that are FBE'S.

Status- Standing by.

• Dillonjm
    Options
    I will need to get a second job to get all the accessories / toys I want!
    Backyard BBQ Dude

Northern VA
  • SGH
    Options
    @Dillonjm‌
    I know the feeling brother.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    In the home stretch. The vertical is holding at 402 degrees. imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The completed steaks.imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I'm hungry at 10:00 looking at these rib eyes....the cook looks excellent .... Brisket is doing might well also....I'm still loving that stuffed chicken....
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Brother I'm not saying it because I cooked them. Those shrimp stuffed chickens are incredible. I will gladly PM you the procedure if you would like to try them. They are no doubt a crowd pleaser without question or doubt my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Probing for tenderness at the 5 hour and 15 minute mark with my custom made brisket probe ;)
    imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Fancy tool you got there brother!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    That cost me a lot of money ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    All jokes aside it works as good as anything.

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I imagine it does. Gives you two different angles to hit it and easy to feel the resistance.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    5 hours 40 minutes and 7 seconds in and this bad boy is done. Not to bad for what started out as 17 pounds after the trim. I held no lower than 375 and as high as 415 coming down the stretch. If this turns out good....Look out Myron Mixon!! imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I hope that you are looking brother. This is the final test run for the 20th.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The captured renderings for Au Jus.image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Here you go my brother. Some I left out.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.