Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @Lit- dang- submarine beers all around.  Ballast Point (Submarine Base San diego) and Sculpin-yup a name of a submarine.  I'm sure the brew is top-notch as long as they didn't introduce that stale atmosphere of the afore mentioned boat.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner. 

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Enjoying my Yeti Low Ball Rambler.  I'm not sure who likes me more.  My Yeti Dealer or my Egg dealer ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Revolution Unsessionable
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Tucher with an orange. Hard to beat this for day drinking
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Unibroue Ephémére Canneberge
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    At my son's fall ball game. It's chilly and windy, drinking coffee. Wish I had thought to fill a flask before I left, but then he would have had to drive home, and he's only 11. That probably wouldn't have worked out so well...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    DMW said:
    At my son's fall ball game. It's chilly and windy, drinking coffee. Wish I had thought to fill a flask before I left, but then he would have had to drive home, and he's only 11. That probably wouldn't have worked out so well...
    When my daughter played winter tournaments our go to was the Mexican hot chocolate (Abuelita I think) with Rumpleminze or other strong peppermint schnapps.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Ballast Point Sculpin is good times, and if you see Victory at Sea give it a try. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Lil Cappuccino with some Woodford and Baileys

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Evan Williams & Coke over ice, hold the coke.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Options
    Good night tonight.  Made some brisket chili and burnt ends for some good friends, tried the new Shiner Wicked Ram IPA (good!) and Ballast Point The Commodore American Stout (also good!).  Finished with some Woodford double oaked and some Garrison Brothers bourbonZ
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited October 2015
    Options
    After the Laphroaig time travel fiasco, I am finally back to 2015. 

But my cold is still bothering me. I took Dimetap this morning. Nuthin. Had to go to my youngest boy's football game in the rain, so doubled the Dimetap with Dayquil

still nuthin

plonked my asss in the chair by the fire, and ten seconds later the wife hands me a mixture of something the kids today call "Fireball" and some local fresh pressed cider. She put some granny smith apple chunks in it too. Looks like a girly drink. Sophomore in college kinda thing. 

Guess what? Only thing all day that cleared my head. 

Girly drinks maybe not so bad after all
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Good shizznit, that double wood
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• pgprescott
    Options
    Good shizznit, that double wood
    I'm a fan. I must say the laphraoig is a bit much for me. I have a bottle for my brother when he visits. He's a big fan of the Lagavulin as well. I will say it is helped by some good smokey BBQ.  
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yep. Smoke plus smoke equals smoke.

love the double wood. Good stuff

my brother, who never had scotch, came here for a traditional English Christmas Dinner. 45 day aged rib roast. Figgy pudding, nog. The whole works. 

I poured a scotch when we were done and he asked if he could try some. It was Laphroaig. I said "well. This isn't a good one to start with. You'll either love it, or hate it and never drink scotch again. I can't do that to you"

he tried it anyway, and to my surprise, loved it. 

Now both he and i have a drinking problem. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Now both he and i have a drinking problem. 
    I'm sorry to hear that.

http://youtu.be/pl4plPGRG8o

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    Some Founders All Day IPA... all day:

and now, relaxing with some of this:

Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • pgprescott
    Options
    bob.bud said:
    Some Founders All Day IPA... all day:

and now, relaxing with some of this:

Nice KAB koozie!
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    @pgprescott. You gotta love those free gifts. Koozie was in the box with the KAB. I felt obligated to take a least one pic with the koozie in play.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

After the Laphroaig time travel fiasco, I am finally back to 2015. 

But my cold is still bothering me. I took Dimetap this morning. Nuthin. Had to go to my youngest boy's football game in the rain, so doubled the Dimetap with Dayquil

still nuthin

plonked my asss in the chair by the fire, and ten seconds later the wife hands me a mixture of something the kids today call "Fireball" and some local fresh pressed cider. She put some granny smith apple chunks in it too. Looks like a girly drink. Sophomore in college kinda thing. 

Guess what? Only thing all day that cleared my head. 

Girly drinks maybe not so bad after all
    I was bottomed out with strep last fall/winter and my wife made me a Hot Toddy. Damnnnnnn. I promised to not contest anything if we ever get divorced. It was seriously the best thing I've ever imbibed.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    First beers I've had in close to a month! 
    Raging Blonde by Veterans United Jax FL

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Legume
    Options
    Red wine to combat the bacon and brisket from the weekend.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's not what I'm drinking so much as it is the quantity. At this point in time.
    Options
    Picked up three bottles yesterday. One each Basil Hayden, Willetts pot still reserve and Woodford double oak. Poured a double oak based upon the recommendations I've seen here. Very good. Extremely smooth. Could be dangerous!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options