Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last nights Salmon and todays Butts and Beans

JRWhitee
JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
Last night I did cedar plank Salmon on the large with asparagus. Marinated in a simple soy and brown sugar and grilled on the plank at 375 for about 15 minutes with Alder chips for smoke until the Salmon was 130 IT. For such a simple recipe this was fantastic. I simmered the marinade and drizzled on the plated salmon. I almost forgot the plated photo until it was almost gone, sorry.

This morning I put on 2 Costco boneless Butts and Baked Beans under to catch the drippings with hickory chunks for smoke. I have made the beans a few times and the reviews from friends cannot believe how good they are and are requested frequently now. I use Bushes baked beans and add, Ketchup, Mustard, worcestershire, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, rub, BBQ sauce, honey and brown sugar. I will cook them for a couple hours then refrigerate until the Butts are almost done then put them back on the get hot. Photo of Butts and Beans are after 2 hours.

Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Woowee!! You got my mouth all a-watering!! Mighty fine lookin' grub.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Thanks Griff, your posts do that to me all the time. I can't wait to do your Green Lightning Shrimp.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Griffin said:
    Woowee!! You got my mouth all a-watering!! Mighty fine lookin' grub.

+1

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX