Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1 down, 1 to go!

Tonight was the first night of a two night pork cook. Today was 3 racks of baby back, each a bit different. All 3 where from Dr BBQ's book slow fire. Did Memphis wet, Memphis dry and super sweet. Also experimented with an "onion blossom", cross cut yellow onion, evoo and bbq rub. Dinner was enjoyed by my kids and Bro-In law. Tonight was the warm up. Tomorrow I tackle 21 lbs of pork shoulder. Made an injection tonight. Plan to inject and rub tomorrow am, and get that cook running Thur late afternoon for Fri lunch at swmbo's last day of school staff lunch. Tomorrow will be the largest volume I have cooked. Think I have a solid plan, will post part 2 tomorrow!

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Nothin like rib juice on your face & hair.  Looks good & good luck.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Your daughter looks very happy knawing on that rib!
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the results. The ribs look very tasty.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Phase 1 looks like a complete success.  Hopefully Phase 2 will go as well.  Good luck and keep us posted.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX