Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Right of passage pulled pork

LTAFlynEgg
LTAFlynEgg Posts: 84
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Today was my first run at pulled pork. A 7 lb bone in shoulder, rubbed in Bad Byrons, no binder, in plastic wrap and refrig the night before. Started my morning at 6 am, cleaned out the egg, loaded in a fresh fill of wgww with some apple and cherry chunks mixed in. Stabilized at 275 dome, got shoulder on by 7:45. Egg ran rock solid for 5 hours without touching it, hit stall 160 IT at 1 pm. Foiled, and returned to egg, opened up temp to 350 dome. Ended up pushing through stall to 200 IT in about 2 hours, that suprised me, was counting on closer to 3 hours? Double checked IT with thermapen, it was consistent, and easy to probe. FTC'd and held for two hours, and I took a nap. I got the egg going again, and did sweet corn, pre buttered with salt, finished in a butter simmer in foil pan. Added rub to the pull, and served with Bone sucking sauce on the side. Mother inlaw joined us for dinner, and brought homemade coleslaw. Lots of forum searching and advice made for a successful cook. Can see why Byrons and Bone Sucking Sauce is so popular. Was impressed with burn of WGWW but was disapointed by how much of the bag was small pieces and dust, but the big chunks made a great base to the fire. First cook with Thermapen, awsome tool to compliment Maverick.

Comments