Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just got done shaving my dogs head, applying iodine, and Neosporin.  4th time she has tangled with coyotes.  I was even outside with her, just on the other side of the patio.
    That sucks. Do they left you kill yotes 24/7/365 there? 
    Four times, they should. Sorry for your dog. When they become threatening, like you had mentioned, they are target worthy.
    Hope your pup gets better soon.
    It's open season all the time in Georgia for those turds. 
    Same here. They are an emerging nuisance here in Louisville. The folks that are into the urban chicken raising fad are getting fed up with these critters.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Thanks @JohnInCarolina. I appreciate that. It's a beautiful day here. It was 60 degrees at 7:30 this am. My kind of weather.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    DoubleEgger said:by
    Just got done shaving my dogs head, applying iodine, and Neosporin.  4th time she has tangled with coyotes.  I was even outside with her, just on the other side of the patio.
    That sucks. Do they let you kill yotes 24/7/365 there? 

You can't actually hunt them within the city, but nobody would say anything if you shot them defending your dog.  Like Ozzie, I've got plenty of them. 

Recently i fell asleep on the front porch. I woke up and there were 3 of them in my front yard just steps away.  They're getting pretty brazen.
    Phoenix 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Happy Birthday sister @Dredger
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,183
    edited September 2017
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Dog fights are no joke.   Scary.   Hope your pups ok.  
    Thank you.  She seems fine this morning and ready for revenge.  Luckily she only had one open wound this time. 

That sucks. Do they let you kill yotes 24/7/365 there? 

Yup, 24/7.  Problem is houses are to close for my coyote gun, but I i can use my bow.  Lights haven't detered them.  Might be time for ectrical wire on top of fence.

YukonRon said:
    That sucks. Do they left you kill yotes 24/7/365 there? 
    Four times, they should. Sorry for your dog. When they become threatening, like you had mentioned, they are target worthy.
    Hope your pup gets better soon.

Thank you!  She is ornery as ever this morning and is calmer than last night.  She was wired all night.  Jumping at every sound and motion.  I wonder if dogs get PTSD?

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Reading "Salt Fat Acid Heat" by Samin Nosrat on a rainy Saturday.  great cooking book that many of you will love as half the book is about the science behind the application of those critical building blocks, salt, fat, acid, heat.  Highly recommended.  Disclosure: I am not the author.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Sitting in traffic on the interstate trying to get home to begin the long weekend. Google maps, you have failed me for the last time. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Taking care of my final travel reservations for the first leg of my Midwest seminar tour at the end of the month.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    @Dredger, Happy Birthday!
    And I can say Go Tigers!  I grew up in Greenville and have family that went to Clemson. 
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Future goodness. Ribs went on at noon. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Dredger
    Options
    Thanks so much @JohnnyTarheel. Just finished watching the Clemson game. Blowout as was expected, but still fun to watch. Thanks @buzzvol. We never miss a Clemson game. Hubby went to Clemson and brother went to USC. It's a good thing that my brother doesn't care for sports.  =)
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Dredger
    Options
    Getting ready to amp up the alcohol intake. We've had a tree service in today to take care of some limbs that were extending over the house and to take down part of a very large river birch tree. They knocked on the door about an hour ago to tell us they had to go get a bucket truck to finish the river birch. Bucket truck just arrived and I'm more than a little nervous. They're making some strange noises out there, so I'm not even going to look. If they damage my egg, I'm going to hurt someone. Hopefully, there will be no film at 11:00. I may be old, but I'm armed and really feisty.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    WOW!  I kinda remember those days.  Enjoy every moment

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Tell him Amy "seen" he was there. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    That's trouble right there.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blasting
    Options

Thinking back to the first computer I've ever used (Commodore Vic-20), as I download a 108 Gigabyte file over the internet.

Things have changed a little bit.

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    blasting said:

Thinking back to the first computer I've ever used (Commodore Vic-20), as I download a 108 Gigabyte file over the internet.

That's a lot of boobies!
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    no reason, just waiting on Bama and FSU.  Idle hands and all that!

https://youtu.be/mjXM6x_0KZk

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• blasting
    edited September 2017
    Options
    blasting said:

That's a lot of boobies!

What can I say...

Phoenix 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    blasting said:

Vic-20 was my first PC I had at home. Wasn't the first I used, we had a couple Apple IIs in elementary school, but Vic-20 was the first in my house, picked it up at a yard sale as a kid. Good times. Amazing what could be done with 3KB of RAM.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    That's trouble right there.  
    You have no idea. Oh, wait, you do. Good to have our brother come by to visit. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice looking couple!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Outside the garage. 

Cant me believe it's cool enough for a fire in early September. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,183
    Options
    Enjoying some college ball ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Making a gate.  watching LSU
    edited September 2017
    Options

My huge download is done, the kid is in bed, and I'm settling to watch some GOT.  I've seen some, but missed a bunch.  Now I've got 7 high def seasons waiting for me, and my nighttime snack.

Phoenix