Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    On holiday in Cornwall, nice walk on Bodmin Moor before a late breakfast.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Egg warming up for slow smoked chicken, so I made these pacman frittatas on the stove and toaster oven.

Ham, cheese, hatch, onion in the first and the second one had some leftover street corn from last night.  Fire roasted corn, cilantro, red onion, mayo, cotija, lime, etc.  I used the small ci pans, 3 eggs each.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Shaking my head....As they say, you can't fix stupid. Replace a gasser with another gasser.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Shaking my head....As they say, you can't fix stupid. Replace a gasser with another gasser.
    Seen a couple of these. I get your point. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eoin
    Options
    Early evening on the beach at Polzeath.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Just watched Dallas get their a$$ handed to them in the preseason game. Is it just me, or does anyone else get pi$$ed off by female commentators? If you've never played the game, sit on the sidelines and just watch. Rant over.
    Have all male sports commentators on the telly played in the sports they are talking about?

Just curious. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Dredger said:
    Just watched Dallas get their a$$ handed to them in the preseason game. Is it just me, or does anyone else get pi$$ed off by female commentators? If you've never played the game, sit on the sidelines and just watch. Rant over.
    Have all male sports commentators on the telly played in the sports they are talking about?

Just curious. 
    In the UK, ex players are frequently commentators. They always have female commentators as part of the team on the cricket these days, also ex internationals like the men. 
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Cooking beef ribs on the xl never done them before 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Usually a broadcast has one play by play announcer (Jim Nantz, Mike Tirico, Joe Buck, Al Michaels etc) and the color man and sidelines folks were players for years. A while back, thought started seeing females on the sidelines. I agree with @Dredger that the overwhelming majority of them aren't any good. I feel that the the guys suck too. Collingsworth is awful. 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Eoin said:
    HeavyG said:
    Dredger said:

Just curious. 
    In the UK, ex players are frequently commentators. They always have female commentators as part of the team on the cricket these days, also ex internationals like the men. 
    I know a lot of sportscasters in the US were former players. But I'm guessing that not ALL of them were former players regardless of gender or sport they are covering.

Not that it matters to me. I frequently find that those that are former players can often be annoying when they continually talk about "back in my day". However, I'm sure that others find that appealing. So, to each their own.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    Options
    Usually a broadcast has one play by play announcer (Jim Nantz, Mike Tirico, Joe Buck, Al Michaels etc) and the color man and sidelines folks were players for years. A while back, thought started seeing females on the sidelines. I agree with @Dredger that the overwhelming majority of them aren't any good. I feel that the the guys suck too. Collingsworth is awful. 
    It is often comical to a point. A few of the coaches have a sense of humor, and "set them up."
    Last year, a female sideline reporter, during a game with steady rain, reported she talked to the OC prior to the game, to which he told her the way they prepared for playing in foul weather.
    She reported that the team "Had practiced with wet balls all week, to prepare for this game." Back to you.....there was a short pause and a couple of suppressed snickers from the booth, then a polite thank you for the report.
    She had no idea she had been pranked.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Options
    The softball players do fine with baseball, they just need to stop saying "the dish" and call it home plate like everyone else.  

If anything, that's what gets under my skin, when sportscasters keep trying to coin a signature phrase.  It's like giving yourself a nickname, you can't make it happen, too forced.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    It is often comical to a point.

I agree @YukonRon. Maybe that's why it irritates me so much. They are giving women a bad name. I also agree with others that some of the guys are irritating too, but at least, they earned the right to be there. Women got there by suing. Big difference. When you watch some of the interviews of the losing coaches, particularly in college football, you have to wonder why they didn't get punched, lol. Didn't mean to offend anybody, but I feel that if you can't do a good job, step aside for someone who can. That goes for either sex.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

Alder-smoked salmon with my salmon sauce, potato salad, fresh utard sweetcorn with garlic/herb butter.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Legume
    Options
    Dredger said:

I agree @YukonRon. Maybe that's why it irritates me so much. They are giving women a bad name. I also agree with others that some of the guys are irritating too, but at least, they earned the right to be there. Women got there by suing. Big difference. When you watch some of the interviews of the losing coaches, particularly in college football, you have to wonder why they didn't get punched, lol. Didn't mean to offend anybody, but I feel that if you can't do a good job, step aside for someone who can. That goes for either sex.

"Stay in your lane"

-LaVar Ball
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Moved the youngest into the apt @ ISU. Now for the arranging of the stuff followed by the airing of grievances and feats of strength!! Oh wait, I got carried away there. My bad!
  • Legume
    Options
    Moving them in > moving them back home
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Dredger said:

Which female sporstcasters got their positions by suing? I thought the NFL decided a decade ago that since half their fan base was female that it would make good business sense to start including at least some female on-air talent.

I could be wrong about that as I really couldn't care less about American football (college or pro) but that is what I vaguely remembered.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Dredger said:

Which female sporstcasters got their positions by suing? I thought the NFL decided a decade ago that since half their fan base was female that it would make good business sense to start including at least some female on-air talent.

I think you meant on-air "talent". 

Little Rock, AR

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    @HeavyG, I don't recall who it was, but it was back in the mid 70's.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Leg quarters on the large. One of my favorites 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    Options
    Dredger said:
    @HeavyG, I don't recall who it was, but it was back in the mid 70's.
    Michelle Ludtke, ESPN, sued MLB for access to the locker room. They thought having to wait for players, to get fully dressed, placed her and ESPN at a disadvantage for reporting.
    Bowie Kuhn, I think, did a preemptive move to ban females from locker rooms, following the NHL moves to allow recent to that event.
    That is the only one I remember, I am not aware of others. There may indeed be more.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @YukonRon the googles haven't been very forthcoming in my research either. Mostly the naked Erin Andrews suit.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    As one of the few American males not interested in sports, I can't get behind the 'they should have played it to report it' philosophy. Everywhere I look, I see people who don't now, nor did they ever, play the sports they are obsessed with. Yes, I'm a real blast to hang with.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Trying to enjoy my afternoon in the pool watching some golf, but this damn bird is stalking me. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Cleaned out the non-productive parts of the garden and planted for fall - peas, spinach, and lettuce. Wish I could find a way to replant basil....
    Getting egg ready for fresh coho and asparagus marinated in olive oil, balsamic, and crushed garlic. 

Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @YukonRon the googles haven't been very forthcoming in my research either. Mostly the naked Erin Andrews suit.
    I remembered this, because I recalled watching a recent (in last couple of years), late night, hotel room ESPN show highlighting their impact for title IX. I could not sleep, and it was on. Extent of my knowledge concerning anything about sports broadcasting. Sports on TV = Vegetative State for me 90% of the time.
    Watching Rams and Cowboys, could not tell you who is winning, just hope the Cowboys lose. Do not know who is broadcasting either.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Cubs v Dbacks on mute in the garage. Pandora on here. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Currently arguing with my dog. Yes, whiskey has been consumed by one participant. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Currently arguing with my dog. Yes, whiskey has been consumed by one participant. 
    Which one? Inquiring minds want to know  =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.