Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Epic Meltdown

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    PlanSB said:
    @JohnInCarolina are you really a phd in math?
    No.  These guys are just trolling.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    PlanSB said:
    He is a PHD though. He's being modest. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    PlanSB said:

Don't be so modest. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Ozzie_Isaac said:  
    That is the Democrat way.  Keep the impoverished cycle going.  If you help them get a head you will lose your voting base.
    It's interesting that, being one of the bluest of states, with all those welfare queens, that NY ends up putting so much more $$$ into the federal guv'mint than it receives, unlike the reddest states like AL, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Mississippi, Wyoming, et al.  
    And that, just today, they became the first state in the union to provide free college tuition to all in-state residents, that's gonna "keep the impoverished cycle going"!  

Oh, I did it again, tried to use facts on a trump supporter.  My bad!  :blush:

:wink:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I see that this thread has finally been sunk and will soon roll off the front page.

Surprised it withstood the Buffalo for a week but I think it has to be called a failure - didn't spawn a single epic meltdown.

Feels like we let @Ozzie_Isaac down.  :s
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Options

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year - CNN
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    It's sinking
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Hasn't anyone else had their flight cancelled or been kicked from a flight? We missed an entire day of vacation once due to issues with another plane. They booted us all and gave it to the more lucrative route. No one was happy, but no one had to be physically removed either. Had to rent a car and catch an early flight at another airport. Got some vouchers. Not quite equitable imo, but it is what it is. 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Apparently with Trumpy's repeated golf trips and with having to provide coverage for all his family the Secret Service is really in a bind budget and personnel wise.

Now I read that Betsy DeVos is using $8 million from her departments budget to provide security for her for 8 more months. I would think her brother Erik Prince (who is also a billionaire like her) would be glad to have some of his Blackwater mercs provide whatever extra security she feels she needs.

• pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Apparently with Trumpy's repeated golf trips and with having to provide coverage for all his family the Secret Service is really in a bind budget and personnel wise.

Now I read that Betsy DeVos is using $8 million from her departments budget to provide security for her for 8 more months. I would think her brother Erik Prince (who is also a billionaire like her) would be glad to have some of his Blackwater mercs provide whatever extra security she feels she needs.
    This will really cut into their hookers and blow. You are right to feel sympathy for them. Right on brother!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    This thread lasted way longer than I expected!  I was hoping for a "#free ______ " moment, but its ok.  It was still fun
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    Options

• GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

so thats what winning the lottery looks like. i think hes getting more than 800 bucks
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Hasn't anyone else had their flight cancelled or been kicked from a flight? We missed an entire day of vacation once due to issues with another plane. They booted us all and gave it to the more lucrative route. No one was happy, but no one had to be physically removed either. Had to rent a car and catch an early flight at another airport. Got some vouchers. Not quite equitable imo, but it is what it is. 
    i had 5 flights cancelled in a row one day in miami,  they kept cancelling flights until they had enough to fill a bigger plane. really fun sitting in an out building on a miami runway all day, if they just told us what they were doing i could have spent the day out and about.  one lady lost it, she took control of the microphone and started screaming for management =) the staff went into hiding behind locked doors. the way back was even better, flights from miami to  boston were all cancelled so i flew to chicago in hopes that i could gett on a flight home quicker when the weather cleared, next morning i went to the desk and pleaded my case that a trip from boston to bahamas should not be 4 days in the air. girl just smiled and bumped someone else with the click of a button
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    so the guy was a convicted drug dealing immigrant that traded drugs for sexual acts. the democrats should set up a gofundme page for this guy
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    Options
    so the guy was a convicted drug dealing immigrant that traded drugs for sexual acts. the democrats should set up a gofundme page for this guy
    Yeah...so the guy totally deserves how he was treated.

I once ate a few grapes at a grocery store and didn't pay for them so if I ever get beaten by a cop I guess I just got what I deserved.

At least that seems to be the logic in TrumpLandia.

• fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I once ate a few grapes at a grocery store and didn't pay for them so if I ever get beaten by a cop I guess I just got what I deserved.

are you the guy that puts half eaten chicken wings behind the cereal boxes on the shelves =) im not sure how you crossed the bridge thinking i think he deserved a beating.  oh wait, the left puts all the right into a nice tidy box of assumptions =) this guy didnt deserve to be beaten and doesnt deserve to be a doctor either, must be the left that lets convicted drug dealing immigrants that trade drugs for sexual acts be doctors ;) now your in a nice tidy lefty box
    fukahwee maine

• GATraveller
    Options
    I bet he has a "Coexist" sticker on the back of his Prius.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:

are you the guy that puts half eaten chicken wings behind the cereal boxes on the shelves =) im not sure how you crossed the bridge thinking i think he deserved a beating.  oh wait, the left puts all the right into a nice tidy box of assumptions =) this guy didnt deserve to be beaten and doesnt deserve to be a doctor either, must be the left that lets convicted drug dealing immigrants that trade drugs for sexual acts be doctors ;) now your in a nice tidy lefty box
    So why bring up whatever happened in his past? Clearly you thought that his past was relevant enough to the event on the aircraft to mention it.

On a different note Spicy Spice (just minutes ago) never disappoints:

• fishlessman
    edited April 2017
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

So why bring up whatever happened in his past? Clearly you thought that his past was relevant enough to the event on the aircraft to mention it.

On a different note Spicy Spice (just minutes ago) never disappoints:

clearly he wasnt well vetted =) as for hitler, when he comes back....no more....   mr nice guy =)
    fukahwee maine

• thetrim
    Options
    Gassing your own people is just slightly worse than feeding your friends bulls' balls masquerading as "Scottie's Head Cheese"
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:

No, but if the cops tell you to vacate an area and you do not, you might expect to be physically removed. No???? So what?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    HeavyG said:

No, but if the cops tell you to vacate an area and you do not, you might expect to be physically removed. No???? So what?
    So you should do whatever the guy in the security vest says or you should be prepared to bounce your face off the floor?

If I did that to someone I would be in jail.  This situation did not warrant violent re-accomadating.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • thetrim
    Options
    Obama was such a pu$$$$$$$
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:

So you should do whatever the guy in the security vest says or you should be prepared to bounce your face off the floor?

If I did that to someone I would be in jail.  This situation did not warrant violent re-accomadating.
    It's an airplane. The rules are a bit different. You can't just do what you want. like it or not. It's not a totally one sided event. Plenty of crap to go around. The other booted passengers are physically fine I believe. Don't pretend he didn't have a choice in the matter.