Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC Coolers on Sale!

Options

Comments

• Gravytrain84
    Options
    Sell is good until super bowl. You have to click on cooler to see sale price 
  • OneNole03
    OneNole03 Posts: 93
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I jumped on last night to buy a 65.  Prices were back to normal.  That's probably a good thing, I have about 10 coolers.
    I bought mine this morning and they are still on sale. Whats just one more cooler?
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Decided on the RTIC 20 and a second basket for my 65 while I was ordering.  Who knows, if there's another sale, may add a soft 30 or 40 later on.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Not sure if I should thank you or not, but I did place an order!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I jumped on last night to buy a 65.  Prices were back to normal.  That's probably a good thing, I have about 10 coolers.
    @nolaegghead - you have to click through to the order screen to see the sale price.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @nolaegghead - you have to click through to the order screen to see the sale price.

Thanks, just ordered a 65
    Options
    CLASSIC!!!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Thanks, f'ers :) Spend that money! Now I have to convince SWMBO that I've had it 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    @ColtsFan - just do the same thing she does with purses and dresses...

"Is that a new purse?"

"What, this old thing? Don't be silly, I've had this forever..."

=) 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks, just ordered a 65
    Figures you'd crank it up to 11.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Yeah I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna break this to the mrs. Damn this is due to arrive Friday too. 

Might just tell her it's a surprise gift for her.  Lol. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Note the site indicates "Sold Out", but Amazon still has them.  Just bought one for my brother.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    Ordered a 65 on Monday and it arrived today (but they are also in the Houston area)
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    Ordered yesterday morning. Received today 

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    After the help of @CoMoBGE and his post of growlers fitting into the soft 30, I cracked and ordered a 30 in camo. I really wanted a 20 so I suppose I'll order one of those eventually (there weren't any deals on those when I placed my order). I have a few of the Yeti hardside coolers - only reason I do is that my neighbor owns a plastic company that makes them. Think bro-deal... He's going to give me a lot of S%&* about buying an Rtic.

I'm excited about this Rtic as it will work great for a lot of things that a hardside is a PITA for.

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I've ordered the camo stuff before but it makes it really hard to find once you put it down.
    Options
    Ordered yesterday morning. Received today 

With the dog in the cooler, how much does it weigh and can you still hear it bark.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    BbqDave said:

Ordered a 65 last night.  Best price I've ever seen.  Interesting side note - all their products now only have a 30 day warranty.  The coolers use to have a seven year warranty.  That's a heck of a change.  I contacted them to confirm, and sadly, all their products are now only warrantied for 30 days.  Be sure to thoroughly test all of your new coolers ASAP.

That is a little startling.  Did they have more issues than expected?

Something about this apparent clearance price doesn't sit well with me.  Are they going to have a wheeled option soon?  Changing the models?  But it sure is a great price.
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Damn you guys. Are these as good as the yeti? I thought the yeti was all hype but received a rambler for Christmas and was shocked at how good that product is.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    Damn you guys. Are these as good as the yeti? I thought the yeti was all hype but received a rambler for Christmas and was shocked at how good that product is.
    Nice score on the coolers!

The Yeti rambler is a little different. Yeti just stamps their name on the rambler cup. (The actual rambler cup itself is made by someone else) I'd assume RTIC is no different for their ramblers.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm still the dumbass that buys Newbalance sneakers for 200 for the model that's made in USA.  Redwing boots for $325 because they're made in USA.  My Pelican coolers for 3-500 bucks because they employ American workers.  

I don't want to make a political argument, but American consumers keep me employed. I'd rather spend more money to keep people in this country working than save 50 bucks and dedicate 45% of my paycheck in taxes to pay for unemployment.

I know I bought a bunch of ceramic made in Mexico.  I think if I had my own business a few years ago I might have chosen differently, but I don't regret buying the eggs. 
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    dopey said:
    I'm still the dumbass that buys Newbalance sneakers for 200 for the model that's made in USA.  Redwing boots for $325 because they're made in USA.  My Pelican coolers for 3-500 bucks because they employ American workers.  

I don't want to make a political argument, but American consumers keep me employed. I'd rather spend more money to keep people in this country working than save 50 bucks and dedicate 45% of my paycheck in taxes to pay for unemployment.

I know I bought a bunch of ceramic made in Mexico.  I think if I had my own business a few years ago I might have chosen differently, but I don't regret buying the eggs. 
    Good for you.

Keep in mind tho that not everyone has the disposable income for such things and really appreciate being able to buy shoes for $20 a pair.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited January 2017
    Options
    dopey said:

I just bought my first pair of Red Wing boots last summer. Man, the first week of owning them sucked. It was by far the longest time of any foot wear I've owned to break in properly. I've read that some Red Wing boots have caused calluses and even lacerations during the break in period. Red Wing boots owners swear it's worth the pain to break them in to get the fit afterwards. My experience was some discomfort for the first week or so but now they fit fantastic. I've gone through a couple Dr. Martin boots the past 3-4 years. (Gifts from the wife) The soles don't hold up more than a year or two. I found a pair of Carhartt boots that I liked but found out that they were made in China. So I looked into Red Wing Boots. Red Wing headquarters is about an hour southeast from my house. It's a great smaller town called Red Wing, Minnesota. I've been to Red Wing dozens of time. I figure the extra coin for the boots was worth the price helping out one of the local businesses here in the state and the US. No regrets what so ever.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I too try to buy stuff made here.  That's why I buy merchandise from Donald Trump.  I figure, if there were ever a guy to take one for America, it would be the Donald.
    Options
    My cooler arrives today.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • OneNole03
    Options
    I was supposed to get both coolers today but somehow one is arriving today and the other got left behind in Jacksonville and arrives on Monday. 
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    On UPS truck for delivery today
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    I get mine Monday!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited January 2017
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    dopey said:

I just bought my first pair of Red Wing boots last summer. Man, the first week of owning them sucked. It was by far the longest time of any foot wear I've owned to break in properly. I've read that some Red Wing boots have caused calluses and even lacerations during the break in period. Red Wing boots owners swear it's worth the pain to break them in to get the fit afterwards. My experience was some discomfort for the first week or so but now they fit fantastic. I've gone through a couple Dr. Martin boots the past 3-4 years. (Gifts from the wife) The soles don't hold up more than a year or two. I found a pair of Carhartt boots that I liked but found out that they were made in China. So I looked into Red Wing Boots. Red Wing headquarters is about an hour southeast from my house. It's a great smaller town called Red Wing, Minnesota. I've been to Red Wing dozens of time. I figure the extra coin for the boots was worth the price helping out one of the local businesses here in the state and the US. No regrets what so ever.

If you buy them from an actual Red Wing store, they have tools that they can shape and stretch the boots out a bit for you. I've got 5 or 6 pair, can't remember which, work keeps buying them for me, and I've only had to have two pair stretched out a little on the top of my left foot to stop a bit of pinching. The other 3 or 4 fit great. They make a hell of a pair of boots.

Oh...and I got my cooler yesterday. Can't wait to use it. The box was abused pretty bad and there were a few scratches on the cooler but its no big deal and its not like it ain't gonna get banged up anyway.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tclamberth
    tclamberth Posts: 162
    edited January 2017
    Options
    BbqDave said:

Ordered a 65 last night.  Best price I've ever seen.  Interesting side note - all their products now only have a 30 day warranty.  The coolers use to have a seven year warranty.  That's a heck of a change.  I contacted them to confirm, and sadly, all their products are now only warrantied for 30 days.  Be sure to thoroughly test all of your new coolers ASAP.

That's ridiculous. I didn't know that before I purchased one 

tells me they dont don't have much confidence in their product. 30 day warranty on anything is not very good
    Memphis raised me, T-Town made me...Aint never been nothing but a winner