Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern Seafood. In the style of Dixie.

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Nothing big or fancy, you said????

We have different standards about that.  Invite me over, though, and I'll be happy to learn...  :)
    My brother, I may not be able to show you anything about cooking. But I can certainly show you a thing or two about eating. I'm darn near an expert at it =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    I'm late to the party, but I could eat my weight in those soft shell crabs. Nice work!
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    20stone said:
    I'm late to the party, but I could eat my weight in those soft shell crabs. Nice work!
    Thank you buddy. Soft shell crabs are one of my all time favorites. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Superb cook, @SGH!
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    Envious!!  Brother
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Son of a bit--.  Now that is a cook and banquet of epic proportions.  Nailed  it/home-run/ etc does not do that spread justice.  Friggin feast and debauchery comes to mind.  Dang---

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Oh my. That looks like enough food for a gathering of 15 people. Here's the thing though - it doesn't matter how many folks sat down for that meal - they waddled away happy. Those are some good eats there my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Do you ever make potato salad from the leftover potatoes? My Beautiful Wife does after our boils, with sweet jalapeños and it is killer.
    Thank you for listing the ingredients.
    Beautiful cook, as always.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Do you ever make potato salad from the leftover potatoes? 
    Brother Yukon I don't think that I ever have. That's an interesting idea for sure. 

Status- Standing by.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Lord have mercy. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    My goodness, what a meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Now that is my type of food!!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    Brother Yukon I don't think that I ever have. That's an interesting idea for sure. 
    MBW uses Durkey's(?sp) sauce and jalapeño relish. If interested I will post the recipe. It is consumed in mass quantities around here.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Looks great!! You sure this wasn't a few meals rolled into one post?  Where do you get your catfish? Frozen from sams like the rest of us?

I need to get to work on my Fryer when I get it back. Maybe I got lucky and Tyler figured out how to get it working while he was putting the double axle on it.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    MBW uses Durkey's(?sp) sauce and jalapeño relish. If interested I will post the recipe. It is consumed in mass quantities around here.
    Absolutley post it. My wife loves potato salad. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Where do you get your catfish? Frozen from sams like the rest of us?
    I have a friend who lives close to my other property that fishes daily. Anytime I'm over that way I stop and get some fresh river cats from him. All his fish come from either Dog or the Pascagoula River. No grain taste like pond raised. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    • pounds red and/or yellow new potatoes, quartered from the boil.
    • 1/4teaspoon salt
    • 1 and 1/4 cup of Durkee famous sauce
    • 1tablespoon yellow mustard
    • 1/2teaspoon salt
    • 1/4teaspoon black pepper
    • 1cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks) fresh
    • 1/3cup chopped onions (1 small) sweet onions (fresh)
    • 1/2 cupJalapeño relish
    • 6hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
    • Smoked Paprika (optional) I put it on everything it seems.
    • Mix all  together, fridge for a couple hours then serve.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    No pics didn't happen.  Seriously I'm salivating. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    Ron, my mom raised me on Durkee Dressing as our spread on Turkey sandwhiches. To this day I purchase it every Thanksgiving to go with the leftovers. It is an excellent product. I raise a glass to you on this one.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow