Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Greensboro NC, temps are going to be sunny in the mid 60's.. So I am planning all my cooks... Saturday: Prime rib roast, sides to be determined.. Sunday: Baby back pork ribs, Kielbasa's wrapped in bacon, Thick cut slices of belly pork rashers, maybe some slaw and a salad.. The only down time for my Egg will be for adding lump.. Everyone have a fantastic weekend..

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Thinking I'll run to the processor and grab some steaks for tonight. If I'm lucky they'll have some beef ribs that will be consumed Sunday. Maybe oysters for Saturday if I can find em. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    No Egging for me tonight.  Taking my father out to dinner for his 65th birthday.  Gonna be a big celebration as he only has three more weeks of work until he officially retires.  Then we'll celebrate again! 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Greensboro NC, temps are going to be sunny in the mid 60's.. So I am planning all my cooks... Saturday: Prime rib roast, sides to be determined.. Sunday: Baby back pork ribs, Kielbasa's wrapped in bacon, Thick cut slices of belly pork rashers, maybe some slaw and a salad.. The only down time for my Egg will be for adding lump.. Everyone have a fantastic weekend..

Thinking I'll run to the processor and grab some steaks for tonight. If I'm lucky they'll have some beef ribs that will be consumed Sunday. Maybe oysters for Saturday if I can find em. 
    Thanks for the feeling of not have my **** together.  I hadn't thought about what to cook at all yet.  

F it... 

I'm going to John Mitchell's house.  I'll bring the maters.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Thanks for the feeling of not have my **** together.  I hadn't thought about what to cook at all yet.  

F it... 

It's how I pass the day at work. I look like I'm thinking, so they think I'm productive 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    It can't be "Luck Be In the Air Tonight" as they already bought their "i".
    Great catch!  I didn't even pay attention to that and thought it was funny.  

Guess us internet folks do know what it is.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Masticating last night's orts!!~~
  • johnmitchell
    Options

F it... 

Well this all went pear shaped in a hurry... With one call from the missus I was informed that she HAD told me we had plans for both Sat and Sun.. I might have to pull out the man card on this one.. By the way Matt you are always welcome...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just picked up some brewers yeast from the brew supply store for tomorrow mornings "brew-off".  Starts at 8AM - we make 50 gallons of beer (one big batch) - an IPA.  I'll be taking home 5 gallons to ferment and drink.

Also there will be bbq.
    Options
    I've had Snarky Puppy's newest CD/DVD since it came out, finally watching the video portion now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2G_PquyIco&list=PL21Jtb5uMrQe6x-Ri16XkhL_aUi-pDTpd
    Anyone here know what that stringed instrument is in the Intro (looks like a hurdy-gurdy but is bowed)?  And I'm falling in love with Becca Stevens!  :heart: 
    Killer recording!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    BNA-LAX-CAN-SGN
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    TTC said:
    BNA-LAX-CAN-SGN
    Vacation? 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Work. Training office staff and reviewing prototypes of new product. Long trip but at least the food in VN is awesome 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    At the batting cages with my 11 year old.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Sitting in a nail salon while my 9y/o daughter gets a mani/pedi. Fumes are awesome!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sous Vide fail.  Family is used to shoe leather pork.  Did some monster chops in the Sous Vide at 142 for 3 hours, then seared on the MM.  Texture was to mushy for the fam.  They were not convinced it was cooked.  Was going to submit for the competition, but decided not to compete with a fail.  Will do 146 next time.

Put them on the MM and turned into over done chewey pork and the fam gave their nod of approval.  :bawling: 

Have to be careful though, with new toys you have to hit nail the first cooks or the people will revolt!

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac I have the same problem with texture. No chicken thighs, no med pork....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Sous Vide fail.  Family is used to shoe leather pork.  Did some monster chops in the Sous Vide at 142 for 3 hours, then seared on the MM.  Texture was to mushy for the fam.  They were not convinced it was cooked.  Was going to submit for the competition, but decided not to compete with a fail.  Will do 146 next time.

Put them on the MM and turned into over done chewey pork and the fam gave their nod of approval.  :bawling: 

I gotta admit, it took me a while to get used to the "extra-juicy" cheekun from the Egg, and pork butt is still iffy for me.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• theyolksonyou
    Options

F it... 

Well this all went pear shaped in a hurry... With one call from the missus I was informed that she HAD told me we had plans for both Sat and Sun.. I might have to pull out the man card on this one.. By the way Matt you are always welcome...
    Well hell. Wife told me she didn't want steak even though we discusses last night. I feel your pain. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Sizing the new cutting board up. The added space will be welcomed. 

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    Options
    Just prepped a butt. Trying Plowboys Yardbird on a butt for the first time. I loaded up when Wegmans had them on sale. Been awhile since I've egged a butt.

From the looks of that pic, I need to hit a few spots when it goes on.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Love that rub.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Just prepped a butt. Trying Meat Church Honey Hog for first time. Injected with Cherry Dr Pepper!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • DMW
    Options
    Just started this weeks episode of The X-Files.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just prepped a butt. Trying Plowboys Yardbird on a butt for the first time. I loaded up when Wegmans had them on sale. Been awhile since I've egged a butt.

From the looks of that pic, I need to hit a few spots when it goes on.

I need to swing by Wegmans
  • DMW
    Options

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Try 135F for a couple hours.