Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There's a Sucker Born Every Minute

Options

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If someone has 400 to blow maybe it isn't an issue. If I were loaded, I would blow cash on obsurd  things as well. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @DoubleEgger
    My apologies for straying off topic and hijacking. I saw a opportunity to mess with the Yeti boys and took advantage off it. I will refrain now. Again, my apologies brother Double. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I wonder if there are internecine feuds over high end grills at the Yeti and Rtic forums.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    RTIC has a forum? They probably banned my handle already.
  • SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    They probably banned my handle already.
    The above is honestly not true. They use you as the poster boy of what can happen when Yeti suckers someone and they like it. You are considered the head Yetitard at RTIC headquarters. Keep up the good work ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    I like the all you can eat soup and breadsticks.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • SGH
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I wonder if there are internecine feuds over high end grills at the Yeti and Rtic forums.
    For the record, I actually don't have a dog in the fight. I own and use Yeti products as well as RTIC products. I just like aggravating Lit. Nothing personal. I just enjoy it when I'm bored. It breaks the monotony my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited December 2015
    Options
    No worries @SGH no butthurt here. Considering how many Yetis aka "overpriced coolers" you own, are you calling yourself out as a sucker also? 
  • Lit
    Options
    SGH said:
    For the record, I actually don't have a dog in the fight. I own and use Yeti products as well as RTIC products. I just like aggravating Lit. Nothing personal. I just enjoy it when I'm bored. It breaks the monotony my friend.  
    Wait what? You aren't 110% serious? Now I'm devastated. I only use quality products so no RTIC round here. 
  • BIll-W221
    Options
    WTF, I leave this forum for a couple of week because every thread turns into a cooler debate. I come back and read one thread and it's the same crap all over again. I heard more mature arguments on the playground in 3rd grade. You guys suck, you've ruined a nice forum.

• SGH
    Options
    No worries @SGH no butthurt here. Considering how many Yetis you own, are you calling yourself out as a sucker also? 
    No sir. I have explained this before but I will gladly explain it again here. I amassed a great and vast fortune during the Glory Days of Big Ron. As such, I have a little extra spending money. I treat myself to things that I want from time to time. However someone who is living from paycheck to paycheck and buys a Yeti has been taken or "suckered" if you will. Had Yeti existed 40 years ago and I bought one back then when I was broke,  then yeah, I would consider myself a sucker.
    For the record, everything that I wrote above is just to mess with Lit. It's no secret that I like and own Yeti products. I'm waiting on a personalized Yeti 210 as we speak.  I can't believe that some folks take me seriously when I bash Yeti. I honestly do it in jest. Nothing more my friend. See, look here.

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:
    WTF, I leave this forum for a couple of week because every thread turns into a cooler debate. I come back and read one thread and it's the same crap all over again. I heard more mature arguments on the playground in 3rd grade. You guys suck, you've ruined a nice forum.

I think this would carry a bit more weight if it wasn't posted in an OT thread about idiots paying $400 to eat at the OG in Times Square on NYE. 
  • Lit
    Options
    SGH said:
    No worries @SGH no butthurt here. Considering how many Yetis you own, are you calling yourself out as a sucker also? 
    No sir. I have explained this before but I will gladly explain it again here. I amassed a great and vast fortune during the Glory Days of Big Ron. As such, I have a little extra spending money. I treat myself to things that I want from time to time. However someone who is living from paycheck to paycheck and buys a Yeti has been taken or "suckered" if you will. Had Yeti existed 40 years ago and I bought one back then when I was broke,  then yeah, I would consider myself a sucker.
    For the record, everything that I wrote above is just to mess with Lit. It's no secret that I like and own Yeti products. I'm waiting on a personalized Yeti 210 as we speak.  I can't believe that some folks take me seriously when I bash Yeti. I honestly do it in jest. Nothing more my friend. See, look here.

I have said it many times also that I could really care less either way as well. It was fun but I think people are slightly over me bashing RTIC. SGH you could say green eggs suck and half the forum would hit the like button. 
  • SGH
    Options
    I think this would carry a bit more weight if it wasn't posted in an OT thread about idiots paying $400 to eat at the OG in Times Square on NYE. 
    Well said brother Carolina. It's the little things like the above that makes you one of my forum favorites. 

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Options
    The RTIC  forum is just  a copy of they Yeti forum I presume?

And I'd guess that when you post, your post shows up after a couple of months? =)
    I wish I had thought of this 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    I wonder what the next cool item pissing match will be?  Yeti vs. RTIC is getting boring.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I wonder what the next cool item pissing match will be?  Yeti vs. RTIC is getting boring.

• SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    SGH you could say green eggs suck and half the forum would hit the like button. 
    At one time the above was probably true. But not so much anymore. I'm no longer a mystery or the man behind the curtain. The mystic is all but gone my friend. I'm just another face in the crowd.  A rather large crowd at that. 

Status- Standing by.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Glad I missed all of it.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• BIll-W221
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:

True, this is OT but it is in far too many threads. It is just one hijack after another. There is so much great info here and it seems to be getting lost in the  shuffle as two members have their panties in a bunch over what coolers people want to spend their money on. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,980
    edited December 2015
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:
    True, this is OT but it is in far too many threads. It is just one hijack after another. There is so much great info here and it seems to be getting lost in the  shuffle as two members have their panties in a bunch over what coolers people want to spend their money on. 
    Every once in awhile someone will make this kind of argument about this forum - that the signal to noise ratio is too low.  My ears are probably some of the least sympathetic to this for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I don't think it's all that hard to filter stuff out if you really want to.  

Stick it out.  Everyone I've met through this forum is someone who knows a heck of a lot about cooking and is a good person to boot.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I bet most of us could do $100 - $200 worth of open bar and food. Especially given NY prices
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Cooler twins.... That's funny
  • TrailRunner
    Options
    I think to make @Lithappy @SGH should take one of his RTIC coolers and cut it right down the middle and see what is really inside of these things for insulation. Lol
    I enjoy all the funny comments those two make at each other. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:
    I learned how to do this by reading this forum, including info learned from one of the cooler twins so i'm not going anywhere ;)

Pair of 8 lb prime rib roasts for Christmas dinner

That looks pretty awesome right there!
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I think to make @Lithappy @SGH should take one of his RTIC coolers and cut it right down the middle and see what is really inside of these things for insulation. 
    You have to have one in hand before you can do that. Maybe in a couple more months...
  • SGH
    Options
    You have to have one in hand before you can do that.
    Not really. Just a little ingenuity. 

Status- Standing by.

• TrailRunner
    Options
    @sgh you were ready for that one huh hahaha