Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What's Your Latest Milestone?

Options
My daughter turned 21.  I'm a bit hungover still.  What's your latest milestone?
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    My oldest turned 15 and got her lerners permit.  I was also hungover the next day.  After teaching a 15 year old to drive for a few hours one finds that one needs a few stiff drinks. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My daughter of 26 got married this summer. Still recovering $$$.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My oldest turned 15 and got her lerners permit.  I was also hungover the next day.  After teaching a 15 year old to drive for a few hours one finds that one needs a few stiff drinks. 
    When my oldest was learning how to drive, I let her drive around a big cemetery.  We went there quite a bit in those days because her mom is buried there.  Anyway, it's good practice for curvy roads and intersections.
    Flint, Michigan
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    73 year old dad was told this summer he is still cancer free after battling lung cancer and brain cancer for several years. He's not quite the same guy. But for someone who is supposed to be dead for 3 years now he's doing great. 
    Kevin, my dad will be 71 next month. Small cell lung cancer 15+ years ago with 95% mortality rate. It turned him into an old man, but he's still on the good side of the grass. Horrible disease. 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I slipped & fell Friday night & broke my left leg. (yes beer was involved) I'm 61 & this is my first broken bone. :s

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    My 97 year old uncle passed away in the spring, and left me his house, leaving me executor of his estate. Learned that my elder daughter and SIL were planning on returning to town. Last week, they finally arrived, and after me working on cleaning up and cleaning out uncle's house for 5 months, they have a very nice place to live at a price that will be most affordable.

Now I just have 5 months of catch-up work on my place.
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Scored my dream job in April.  With exception of the mortgage, we'll be debt-free by summer 2016.  

We we also had a 15 year old get his learners permit.  We spent an hour in a wide open parking lot.  He's overly careful, so it's easy on my nerves.  Still, I feel your pain!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I heard you were getting your own ESPN 30 for 30.  Sweet

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Mine? Had my house painted this year! First time in 35 years that I didn't do it myself and I hired professionals to do it! They did a great job, too! No more hanging off a ladder 24 feet from the ground for this dude! Yes, it made a dent in the pocket, but it was a milestone for me just the same to realize I can let somebody else do work for me! It was just the way I was raised - so it was harder to do than you might think.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DoofusOfTheDay
    Options
    RRP said:
    Mine? Had my house painted this year! First time in 35 years that I didn't do it myself and I hired professionals to do it! They did a great job, too! No more hanging off a ladder 24 feet from the ground for this dude! Yes, it made a dent in the pocket, but it was a milestone for me just the same to realize I can let somebody else do work for me! It was just the way I was raised - so it was harder to do than you might think.
    I painted my house myself for probably the last time in my life too recently.  I know exactly what you mean Ron.  Really tough to be at a point in life where you start hiring people to do what you've done yourself forever!
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Finished up replacing our window's and sections of siding. We will be painting our house next spring. I already told the neighbors that they get to look at my house that is 2 different colors this winter. (Replacement siding is a brown primer where the rest of the house is tan. Looks real classy!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    My Daughter turned 6 months old and My wife and I just hit 4 years. Been a crazy few years and I don't know where I would be without her! 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Oldest kid turned 21 this year.  Next year will be a bigger year - wife and I both turn 50, 25 years married and our oldest graduates from college.

I did not paint my house this year.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Grandson just turned 1 and we just started painting our house.  And I perfected potatoes au gratin.
    Son in Law leaves for the Army tomorrow.
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    73 year old dad was told this summer he is still cancer free after battling lung cancer and brain cancer for several years. He's not quite the same guy. But for someone who is supposed to be dead for 3 years now he's doing great. 
    Kevin, my dad will be 71 next month. Small cell lung cancer 15+ years ago with 95% mortality rate. It turned him into an old man, but he's still on the good side of the grass. Horrible disease. 
    I hear you, my dad went from fit and healthy to an "old man" who can't drive etc. in less than a year, but yes, he's still on the green side of the grass. The silver lining...I think my kids are scared to death of tobacco after seeing this. God I hope so.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Grandson just turned 1 and we just started painting our house.  And I perfected potatoes au gratin.

Damn man your old
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Sent my youngest off to college in August.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Damn man your old
    Yep. Old.  But still waiting for the wisdom that's supposed to come with it.
    Options
    I did replace flappers in two of our toilets and changed the front door lock this year.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Damn man your old
    Yep. Old.  But still waiting for the wisdom that's supposed to come with it.
    its more fun to just skip the wisdom stage in life and be that crazy guy that lives down the street. wisdom is overrated =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I got my bachelors degree....onto a masters 
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    my wedding 7 months ago was my last biggest event 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Last week made it a year since my Dad passed away. I've kinda been on edge the last couple of weeks. Slowed down alot mainly just stayed around the house. First time in a long time looking forward to the holidays. My little boy is 3 now. He's alot easier and more fun than ever to take places and do stuff with. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    A few for me:

1. Wife has been battling cancer since December of 2014. We just completed the the last step of her treatment (reconstructive surgery on11.22.15).
    2. Daughter just turned 18. She too, had major surgery this year - ACL reconstruction as a result of a sport injury
    3. Middle child graduated from USC (GameCock type) and is now a working adult
    4. On a lighter note - adjusted my dome (egg had an under bite and it appeared to be shifting in the bands and getting worse) and finally installed my new gasket. Ron sent one several weeks back, but I did not have a reason to install it yet until yesterday afternoon.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    16 time World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion. Woooo! 
    Here is a interesting fact about brother Flair. He actually won the Heavyweight crown 19 times. He is only accredited for 16 of them for various legal reasons and contract disputes at the time. But all the same, he won the Heavyweight gold 19 times. If you count Intercontinental, Tag Team and Regional, he took the gold a unprecedented 31 times. In his own words "In order to be the man, first you have got to beat the man". A lot of folks think this is Myron Mixons famous line. However he ripped it off from brother Flair. In my best Rick Flair voice:
    Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.