Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sorry but this is way off topic

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Tony Tony Tony.  First of all, the guy's criminal record didn't have anything to do with the circumstances where he died.   That's like saying, ok, I was driving drunk, but the person I killed had some drug charges for pot or whatever (not related or known to the drunk driver at the time) so he deserved it.  That's a infantile and legally immaterial observation.  Same kind of **** that makes people have the tribal mentality that perpetuates this.

Second, there are zero credible news sources citing any kind of back surgery, and even if he did, it doesn't matter. 
    @nolaegghead we may differ on many points, but I gotta agree here. Admittedly, I'm ignorant to many facts here, but the record has no influence on his deservedness(not a word) of death. 

Edit: Tony never said he deserved to die. Really didn't say anything other than post the link. But still, record plays no part. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    JIC not sure how far I agree with that (partial agree?) but damn, that's funny!  I enjoy the market, like following it, but no doubt the deck is stacked. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm watching CNN now.  Man Baltimore is starting to look a lot like Baghdad.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Having a lengthy record and a lifetime of tax evasion should only get you elected....not killed. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @nolaegghead. ...pull your head outta there.

Edit: Tony never said he deserved to die. Really didn't say anything other than post the link. But still, record plays no part. 

I merely posted it. Geez, you're an over sensitive baby. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nah, I'm not upset, rather I've been laughing my ass off at this thread.   Nola never said Nola upset.  Nola make funny!!
    Options
    You guys still don't get the point. Doesn't matter who is at fault. What gives the right to ANYONE to loot and riot against innocent people, in the name of justice? I was raised in a poor family with disfunctional parents, nothing handed to me! Witnessed my stepfather abusing my mother as a young child. But you know what I came out ok. I have a steady job since I was 16 paid for everything I have. Own my own home have a Harley in the garage that I paid cash for and a LBGE. And I never rioted or blamed some else because I had nothing. I worked two jobs for 15 years so I could give my 3 kids things I didn't have when I was a kid. Urban, rural rich, poor. White, black, yellow, red doesn't matter. We are all born with a moral compass, when the line between right and wrong is crossed, that's what pisses me off. Quit blaming your circumstances and doing something about it. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @jabam - good for you.  I don't know if you're accidentally responding to another thread or not, but I think we all agree thugs and criminals committing crime is bad, mkay, and the right to peacefully protest something for constructive change is a right of liberty and constitutionally granted to us. Those people are different from the criminals that are opportunistic.  Lumping them together shows, uh, well, you think they are the same.  
    Options
    I didn't lump anyone together. If you want to PEACEFULLY protest, be my guest. But don't justify violence and hatred as a right of freedom. It's morally wrong!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    jabam said:
    I didn't lump anyone together. If you want to PEACEFULLY protest, be my guest. But don't justify violence and hatred as a right of freedom. It's morally wrong!
    I guess I missed it cause I don't recall anyone justifying the dumbshits who rioted.  I think you don't get the point we were making.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    You are a lost little lamb.  Two people standing next to each other.  And they are both black.  One protests. The other commits crimes.  Two different people.  I don't disagree with your crime is morally wrong.  Protesting isn't.  Are you saying all the protesters are looters?  If you are, you are deluded, a fool or a liar.  Or you're just saying black people are looters. I'm giving you a chance to admit that most of the protesters are peaceful.  Skin color or economic class isn't a collective for stereotypes.  The looters are looterful, black, white, green, whatever color they are. 
    Options
    The looters are looterful, 
    Is that even a word ^^^^^^^^  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - I'm playing the neologism card, brother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neologism

Options
    @nolaegghead- Earlier today, Uncle Apple took a "grumpy" in the ladies room. Until today, I had never heard of being looterful or taking the said grumpy. I need to get out more.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH - I'm playing the neologism card, brother.

I know. Hence the (  ;) ) above my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - he told us off-line that he actually put 75 cents into the feminine hygiene machine without thinking, procured a tampon and started to use it as a "grumpy-wipe" before realizing something was wrong....
    Options
    I'm getting drunker...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    From your Wikipedia link @nolaegghead

In psychiatry, the term neologism is used to describe the use of words that have meaning only to the person who uses them, independent of their common meaning.[8] This tendency is considered normal in children, but in adults it can be a symptom of psychopathy[9] or a thought disorder (indicative of a psychoticmental illness, such as schizophrenia).
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    You are a lost little lamb.  Two people standing next to each other.  And they are both black.  One protests. The other commits crimes.  Two different people.  I don't disagree with your crime is morally wrong.  Protesting isn't.  Are you saying all the protesters are looters?  If you are, you are deluded, a fool or a liar.  Or you're just saying black people are looters. I'm giving you a chance to admit that most of the protesters are peaceful.  Skin color or economic class isn't a collective for stereotypes.  The looters are looterful, black, white, green, whatever color they are. 
    Apparently you didn't understand my post. I have no problem with anyone voicing their opinion via protest, marches or whatever! I was simply trying to say, protest peacefully don't use class and race as an excuse to riot and loot. Regardless of color. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It's probably also a symptom of beer.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Legume -  That explains it.  I've felt crazy my whole life.  And I make up words all the time.  My shrink insisted I wasn't nuts, but I think all shrinks are nuts.  Wudda they know. 

My favorite neologism is documented here.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_"santorum"_neologism

Options
    jabam said:
    Apparently you didn't understand my post. I have no problem with anyone voicing their opinion via protest, marches or whatever! I was simply trying to say, protest peacefully don't use class and race as an excuse to riot and loot. Regardless of color. 
    Hmm OK....I think we all are on the same page with you.  Please quote whoever set you on this rant.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    jabam said:
    So you're condemning the looters.  Good for you.  Case closed.  I think we all agree there.
    Options
    jabam said:
    But you wrote that we don't get the point.  You must have had someone in mind.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    You smart elitist Duke professor.  I didn't even think of that!
    It's probably also a symptom of beer.
    Don't say that!!!!!  Obama will ban it because it's a pollutant like CO2 or tax it into oblivion like coal.  That's the kind of crock of grumpy he does.
    Flint, Michigan