Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's expensive to raise a BBQ snob

Options
13»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,400
    Options
    Thankfully my day was full but I would not watch a SRF cook that I didn't have options on.  Sometimes you've just gotta let it go...But now that it's cooked I am sure @DMW will enjoy a true double birthday banquet.  Better to be lucky than good any day.   Congrats on the training program, the celebration and the eats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thankfully my day was full but I would not watch a SRF cook that I didn't have options on.  Sometimes you've just gotta let it go...But now that it's cooked I am sure @DMW will enjoy a true double birthday banquet.  Better to be lucky than good any day.   Congrats on the training program, the celebration and the eats!
    Lol...wow!   You say your tag line so much that I think you should put it in your signature.

Also...when I eventually start egging again, please note that I'm just good.  I'm actually not very lucky.  ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother D, I have been standing by all day. Now where is my plate? :angry: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother D, I have been standing by all day. Now where is my plate? :angry: 
    Ditto!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,980
    Options
    I bet D is way too busy eating!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Where is it?!?!!??

3 pages in, and I'm drooling to see some sliced brisky pr0n :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of updates last night. And sorry for the poor sliced pics. Once I started slicing and serving my hands were coated in brisket juice.

Was so good. The birthday girl said it was my best brisket yet, that's good enough for me.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Great job from start to finish. I'm sure everyone felt like it was their birthday with a treat like that. A 13 yr old that wants brisket for her birthday is a pretty good sign that your doing a lot of good things in that house in SEPA. Tip your cap! It's ok to brag this time. 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Nice!  Your finish temp was 186?  Do you know if that's typical for a brisket?

Options
    paqman said:
    That is not typical for a brisket. That said, Snake River Farms Wagyu brisket isn't typical...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    DMW said:
    paqman said:
    That is not typical for a brisket. That said, Snake River Farms Wagyu brisket isn't typical...
    I wish I could get my hands on one...