Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where are they now.

Options

Comments

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    SGH said:
    bweekes said:
    Yes ponder's meltdown was perhaps the grandest exit from this forum by any member. 

Do you know how I can find it? I would like to see what happened. I know folks snap sometimes, but he was always very, very kind to me.
    Here you are, sir. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1168957/general-tso-pork-on-the-mini-bge-pix/p1

Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I met @TexanOfTheNorth‌ at the Toronto eggfest in 2013. He's real good people and I miss him.

He was one of my favorites. He was in with me and Nola when we was messing with caz a while back. Then he was just gone.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    @sgh here it is man. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1555226#Comment_1555226 Like you said we all slip up from time to time.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SGH
    Options
    @bweekes‌- Thanks brother. Fixing to read it.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bweekes
    Options
    SGH said:
    @bweekes‌- Thanks brother. Fixing to read it.
    You're most welcome. It's a classic for sure. I think you even commented on the thread! LOL
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • bweekes
    Options
    SGH said:
    I met @TexanOfTheNorth‌ at the Toronto eggfest in 2013. He's real good people and I miss him.

He was one of my favorites. He was in with me and Nola when we was messing with caz a while back. Then he was just gone.
    Yep one of my favourites too (and a fellow countryman). Definitely noticed his absence - hopefully he resurfaces soon! 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • SGH
    Options
    Man that was something. I must have originally over looked that part some how. In his defense, that sure didn't sound like the Ponder that I talked back and forth with. Hey we all say and do things that we regret. I got real ugly myself with a forum member not to long ago. Just proves that we are all human and we all make mistakes. I wish that they would come back. Let by gones be by gones as it were.

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:

I wish I knew what happened because he was posting cooks regularly and then he stopped.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options

I wish I knew what happened because he was posting cooks regularly and then he stopped.

Exactly. It's not like he slowly faded away. He was posting and helping me and Nola stir the pot one day and then just gone the next.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌- if you are reading this brother, come on back and cook some more of those lobsters!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @pantsypants‌ Is missing as well. But I got word that he and TOTN are both fine. That leaves only brother @ChillyWillis‌.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I see Pantsypants posting on the big green egg BBQers on facebook frequently.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I see Pantsypants posting on the big green egg BBQers on facebook frequently.

Tell him that we miss him over here and to come on back.

Status- Standing by.

• tjosborne
    Options
    All I can say is I've never been attacked personally on any of the forums I've joined before this. I've never seen so much of that as here. I now don't take this site seriously as I should which is unfortunate because I love egging.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • SGH
    Options
    tjosborne said:
    All I can say is I've never been attacked personally on any of the forums I've joined before this. I've never seen so much of that as here. I now don't take this site seriously as I should which is unfortunate because I love egging.

I do have to agree to a extent with you on that. I belong to several different bbq forums as well also. I have never even had a single negative word spoken to me on the other forums. I think that a great deal of it that happens on this forum is actually done more in fun or starts out as fun and then goes south. However some of it is no doubt real. But I don't let it deter me from my ultimate goal of sharing and helping folks. I just keep on cooking and posting. On the other side of the coin there is some truly fine people on this forum. I have had the privilege of meeting some of them in person and actually becoming very good friends with them as a result. I always try to weigh the good against the bad. In the case of this forum, I feel that the good does out weigh the bad by a considerable margin. You said above that you love egging. That said, this site is a outstanding source for info on all things egg related and cooking in general. You can usually get a answer to a question 24/7. There are thousands of recipes at your disposal on this forum as well. Not many other sites offer this type of around the clock help. Again I agree brother. It would be great if everyone could just get along. But sadly that isn't how the world works.

Status- Standing by.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    There will always be some who think they are bigger than the forum.
    Haters gonna hate.... B-)
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    There will always be some who think they are bigger than the forum. Haters gonna hate.... B-)

Well said brother skinny. And sadly it's 100% true.

Status- Standing by.

• Hunter1881
    Options
    Just my 0.02 but even the guys that go back and forth will still give the other person positive advice when needed. That is with the exception of a few who only seem to be here to stir the pot.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • SGH
    Options
    Just my 0.02 but even the guys that go back and forth will still give the other person positive advice when needed. That is with the exception of a few who only seem to be here to stir the pot.

And that was my point above. 99% percent of the people here are willing to help.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bweekes said:
    Yes ponder's meltdown was perhaps the grandest exit from this forum by any member. 
    He's not even in the medal rounds :))

There have been some pretty spectacular flame outs. Hope they will all come back. That wasn't that big of a deal  and could have been a glass or 3 too many of bourbon. It will pass (it probably already has). No harm, no foul.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    hey Guys !!
    Yeah I havent been around this site much as I do use the facebook page a bit more as it is just a bit easier of a format for me .

I do speak with @totn often and we go for lunch a few times a month.
    Things are good .
    hopefully soon i will get back on this forum and reconnect with the great people on here !!!
    Toronto
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @pantsypants‌
    That ribeye you dry aged looked fantastic.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    @jrwhitee thanks !! i havent had a chance to get into it yet ..... but hopefully soon
    Toronto
  • Little Steven
    Options
    And what about that PBR stealin', six gun shootin' satay cookin, scotch/bourbon guzzlin' Houston Cowboy Caliking?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

And what about that PBR stealin', six gun shootin' satay cookin, scotch/bourbon guzzlin' Houston Cowboy Caliking?

Who? I need a better description of his habits to narrow it down for me.
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Wow...this forum is unruly? It's an Internet cooking forum. Nut up. Geez.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Options
    hey Guys !!
    Yeah I havent been around this site much as I do use the facebook page a bit more as it is just a bit easier of a format for me .

I do speak with @totn often and we go for lunch a few times a month.
    Things are good .
    hopefully soon i will get back on this forum and reconnect with the great people on here !!!

It's good to see you back brother. Now tell brother TOTN to come on back as well. At the very least please tell him that I said hello.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sadl pretty sure I wouldn't be missed. And that's okay I truly enjoy this forum.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    Sadl pretty sure I wouldn't be missed. And that's okay I truly enjoy this forum.

That's where you are wrong. I would miss you greatly brother husker. That's a fact.

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL stop it!!!!!  You most certainly would be missed. 

I would miss you. Who the hell else can I call "Brother Husker"? (I love that name!)

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's