Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where are they now.

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    You slipped a post in between on me. I meant @fence0407
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    He has been married for a while. He recently bought a new home, but that is the only major life event I know of. I like Mark and hope that everything is ok. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm not sure about brother fence. He was just gone one day the best I remember. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    What about brother @Phatchris ? Haven't seen him on in a while.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,629
    Options
    @stemc33 hasn't been posting either.  Always liked seeing the overnight cooks first thing in the AM and hearing about the challenges with the weather in Wyoming.
  • SGH
    Options
    Legume said:
    @stemc33 hasn't been posting either.  Always liked seeing the overnight cooks first thing in the AM and hearing about the challenges with the weather in Wyoming.
    Agreed. There are several that have really cut back posting. I'm guilty as well due to work. I hope that is the case with them and all is well.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Legume said:
    I miss his pictures of the mountains in the background.
  • SGH
    Options
    I miss his pictures of the mountains in the background.
    As do I. Brother stem was pretty cool. Hope he returns soon.

Status- Standing by.

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited March 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    I've been lurking, haven't been doing too much egging lately, my deck had about 7 ft of snow on it and my storage for my eggcessories aka my gassers cabinet is buried as well... It's all starting to melt and I'm doing a chicken with some veggies tonight.
  • SGH
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    SGH said:
    I've been lurking, haven't been doing to much egging lately, my deck has about 7 ft if snow on it and my storage for my eggcessories aka my gassers cabinet is buried as well... 
    Glad to know all is well my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    Options
    @Phatchris it sounds like you're in MA too. It's not so easy getting in some quality egging time with a 12 foot snow dune covering everything in your yard, is it?
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited March 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    SloppyJoe said:
    Maybe they were banned.

No sir. Not banned.
    Does anyone get banned on this forum?  Never seen a moderator post a thing.  Even with the nasty breakup with the other forum when they took a copy of all the posts with them.....Bueller...Bueller....Bueller?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Phatchris
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Phatchris it sounds like you're in MA too. It's not so easy getting in some quality egging time with a 12 foot snow dune covering everything in your yard, is it?
    Crazy month! I had the egg shoveled out, but kinda forgot everything was in the weber cabinet which was  covered in an eight foot snow bank ;-). It's all melting now though and I'm roasting a chicken as I type this... On the North Shore of Massachusetts.
  • ChillyWillis
    Options
    South shore myself, near Plymouth. There was so much snow in my yard it actually crushed the stand of an old gasser I had. It was headed to the dump anyways so no big loss, but man was I shocked when i dug it out. 

Spatchcocked chicken over root veg is on the menu for tonight. 
  • Phatchris
    Options
    South shore myself, near Plymouth. There was so much snow in my yard it actually crushed the stand of an old gasser I had. It was headed to the dump anyways so no big loss, but man was I shocked when i dug it out. 

Spatchcocked chicken over root veg is on the menu for tonight. 
    Nice, I was lazy and just threw the chicken in whole above some root veggies.... 
  • SGH
    edited March 2015
    Options
    4Runner said:
    Does anyone get banned on this forum?  
    Yes sir, they do. It's not real common but it does happen. It takes a lot but I have seen a few members go the way of the buffalo for being obscene.

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,629
    Options
    brother, buffalo is one of my favorites
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    I met @TexanOfTheNorth‌ at the Toronto eggfest in 2013. He's real good people and I miss him.
    Fred, TexanofTheNorth. ( and many others) were most kind to my wife and I as we did our first cooks last year.  I miss him.
    btw, my wife now uses the acct Jaime_Doug exclusively and I'm under this moniker.
    still together, still eggin just opened a separate acct.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • SGH
    Options
    How about @anzyegg ? Anyone heard from him? Haven't seen him post or comment in a while. Sent him a PM but no reply. He was a real good guy, hope all is well.

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    Options
    No I havent, but if anything will bring him back around these parts its posting about him on this thread!

• SGH
    Options
     if anything will bring him back around these parts its posting about him on this thread!

I hope that he comes back. I really liked anzy.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I bet a lot of activity picks up as spring moves towards summer. Everybody isnt blessed to live in God's country and have the luxury of egging virtually every day without battling extreme weather conditions. 

Little Rock, AR

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I bet a lot of activity picks up as spring moves towards summer. Everybody isnt blessed to live in God's country and have the luxury of egging virtually every day without battling extreme weather conditions. 
    You speak the truth!  This was my yard a month ago.... Not conducive to egging. 
    Needless to say not conducive to outdoor cooking..... And these pictures were from after the first major melt off/rain storm. 

BTW check out the gasser still half covered in the basement picture. It's not so easy to see from that angle but the weight of the snow crushed the wheels and stand. If it wasn't for the plastic casing surrounding it the legs would have gave way under the weight of the snow and the whole thing would have crashed to the ground. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,214
    Options
    This thread feels like the In Memoriam part of the Oscars....
  • SGH
    Options
    Has anyone heard from @anzyegg? He use to post and comment frequently. He also would PM pretty regular. Haven't seen him post nor has he responded to several PM's. Just would like to know if he is ok. He seemed like a great person. I certainly hope that all is well with him. If anyone knows him please offer your thoughts. I had his number at one time but it didn't transfer when I got a new phone. Thanks in advance for any info regarding brother @anzyegg

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    No one??? 

Status- Standing by.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I dont remember him. See PM
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SGH
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    I dont remember him. See PM
    He was a real nice and polite fellow. Would really like to know what became of him. I certainly hope that all is well with him. 

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    I remember seeing him around last year but haven't heard from him in a long time. Hope he's well, he was a nice guy