Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goodbye folks

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Leave out to me...

I'm with Nola. Let's upload high res gasser photos and dudes wearing thongs.

It's what everyone wants to see here, right?

A "little" late for this week's weigh in...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    http://youtu.be/Q6yyQikp4fA

This is what I imagine is his mood

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    You people are all just so "wrong" and shouldn't be allowed in the general public.  No wonder I like it here.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    What a pretty world we live in..... (make sure you open this glorious 17.2 MB image up)
    IrishDevl said:
    I go out of my way (believe me, I really do) to be G-rated on this forum, where my natural state is more PG-13 to XXX.  Screw those guys.  If this turns into a moderated forum, I'm **** out of here.
    Who is this imposter and what have you done to Nola?
    I woke up this morning with a giant cabbage leaf attached to the back of my neck...I instantly thought of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".  Then again, I'm part Irish, and I just popped open a fresh beer..... :D

VI will wake up tomorrow, presumably with a Benadryl hangover, shave and cut himself, cuss like sailor, then cook up some bacon and eggs.  Next a trip out to his garage, rev up the Harley for a few minutes, shut it off, rub his chin, admire the giant cistern, check the veggie garden, pet the dog, then open up the forum, read this thread and instantly become indignant (indigence that was previously erased through the night) post some blustery comments, then, with a tear in his eye, realize, internally at least, that he loves everyone on this forum, and there's no way in hell he could leave. (*sniff*)

You forgot to mention he will be lurking around the forum under his alias. I look forward to his first post today.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • I'm surprised I can still post this morning! VI will return.

XLBGE 
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
     VI will return.
    If we could vote, I would vote for Stike.

Gerhard
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Don't go.  We're having a weenie roast, followed by S'Mores.

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I don't know how much more of thus I can take =))... but what a great show of support for a forum member.

FWIW, VI you were about to be my adoptive eggmeister so I could hit you up for all kinds of local Houston eggformation. Hence, you gotta stick around.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    caliking said:
    I don't know how much more of thus I can take =))... but what a great show of support for a forum member. FWIW, VI you were about to be my adoptive eggmeister so I could hit you up for all kinds of local Houston eggformation. Hence, you gotta stick around.
    Your comment reminded me that in some ways our Eggs are like an addiction of sorts, in this case a positive one. Perhaps we should take your adoptive eggmeister idea a step further and have sponsors for all newbie Eggers who become members of this forum. Just kiddin', but the possibilities…
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    VI,  i believe its just one more glitch in this vanilla hell where someone probably hit a wrong button or something, its been happening everyonce in a while lately, i doubt they are screening posts, i almost imagine noone is even watching this forum at bge anymore
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • henapple
    Perhaps we should take your adoptive eggmeister idea a step further and have sponsors for all newbie Eggers @jfm0830

Sounds like AA...I'm not going...I can quit whenever I want.
  • I just posted a cook with pictures, and when I went to publish it, I got some message that my thread was waiting for approval.  That's ****.  If I've abused the forum, then ban me.  Otherwise, don't filter my posts.  I'm outta here.

The answer is simple...you posted in this thread about the keltec:

ayayron flagged multiple posts of yours as abuse

You came to his defense and said: "ayayron is quietly expressing his views on anti-guns and he has the right to do that.  He has not said one word that is offensive."

No matter. Despite your best efforts as peacemaker in this case and your valuable contributions to the forum (you are one of the guys here who bend over backwards to be welcoming and instructive even to the most repetitive and seemingly inane questions) one poster decided the mere mention of the word gun offended him and therefore you must be silenced.

microcosm of the current state of things methinks.

damn shame the whiners get their way more often then not nowadays since there are seemingly damn few adults left in positions of authority anymore who possess even a modicum of common sense.

Examples to illustrate my point:

• Don't go
    It is gettin a little "Brokeback" up in here.....   :x
  • Back to what is important...I have a 14 lb turkey in a brine for a get together on Friday.

Thanks to folks like VI, I have a couple successful turkey cooks under my belt and I am confident I won't screw it up.

Question is...do I tear the skin off this bad boy and go naked? I am going to leave it spatchcocked and uncovered from about 10 pm tonight until 3 pm tomorrow. if the skin does not seem "dry" enough for me by then I may go naked.

Orrrrrrrrrr, do I look for meat glue and scrape the skin and reattach before cooking??????? 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Brine for 30 hours, then rinse it off THOUROUGHLY (important!).  Let it sit uncovered to dry on a trivet or rack overnight in the fridge.  The skin will dry out, can even look a little funky - that's fine.  Season (light on the salt) and cook.  The skin should be a little crispy after the drying step.
    I need to get out more... I seriously thought that keltec thread was about a Scottish or Irish rock group.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I hope he does go. Never could stand that guy, anyway. Gives teh rest of us Texans a bad name ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    caliking said:

I need to get out more... I seriously thought that keltec thread was about a Scottish or Irish rock group.

Maybe a new type gasket? If a thread is off topic I figure I can won't open it if the subject matter rubs me the wrong way. Despite this being a cooking forum I enjoy reading about your hobbies and interest along with the pictures of...

Can we please get back to the mangrate? Funniest thread I a while.
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    He ain't leaving - he is an addict and this forum is his heroin.
  • Eggcelsior

Don't go

It is gettin a little "Brokeback" up in here.....   :x

I can't make it on a coupla high-heat woks once or twice a year! You are too much for me VI, you son of a whoreson ****... I wish I knew how to quit you.

• Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    @jimreed777 I think you've managed to take 2+2 and get it to equal five. What happened with VI's post had nothing to do with his posts in other threads. Let me repeat N-O-T-H-I-N-G. This is an ongoing problem with the forum. I have tried to post three different discussions in the last couple days and have had problems of a similar nature with two out of three. And I have zero in my abuse column (Perhaps this will now change after this post). So like I said this Is a problem with the forum and not with the VI's thread. If you've read some of the comments in here you would've seen that others are having this problem too.

I don't necessarily agree with his leaving before finding out what was actually going on and I personally don't always agree with some of the opinions expressed by VI (or others) around here. But I 100% support their right to express those opinions as long as they are not being overly abusive to others. One of the big problems with this country these days, is many people can't get along with other people who happen to have different and possibly equally valid opinions to their's. Me I can have different opinions with people on an issue and simply agree to disagree. Hell I am a conservative living in one of the most liberal, if not THE most liberal, states in the Union.

It just seems to me that you were taking advantage of the situation to make a point, even though your original argument isn't a valid one. Once again this had nothing to do with previous posts by VI.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    VI - please say it ain't so. I'm sure it is just an anomaly. I've tried to post three times over the past month or so and received the message of awaiting approval, which never came. I even size pics so they are tiny, internet friendly. If I was paranoid I'd say it seemed to happen after I privately questioned the business model BGE uses to serve the Canuckistan market. 
    No idea what is up, but it is not and should not be the reason to leave, of course you must do what you deem appropriate.
    Please re-consider as the most valued relationship is with us, the forum members, not the forum administrators. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    IrishDevl said:

He ain't leaving - he is an addict and this forum is his heroin.

Exactly...I think this is the second or third time he's "left" in the last year.

• It's the 3rd.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    It's the 3rd.
    Did Stike win again?