Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Santa better hurry up....

or else he's not gonna get any cookies.....image

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Growing up we always put out a beer with the cookies. Figured he'd be sick of milk and would need a drink, and that may put us on his good side. Carried on that tradition and my kids do it today with their families. Dog has to compete with GrandPa (me) for the cookies.
  • we would never leave either, but growing up my parents would say that santa was tired of all the cookies and was ready for a sandwich and a beer....our kids could care less about the cookies, to them, leaving carrots for the reindeer is most imporant.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    we would never leave either, but growing up my parents would say that santa was tired of all the cookies and was ready for a sandwich and a beer....our kids could care less about the cookies, to them, leaving carrots for the reindeer is most imporant.
    I like the beer idea, santa always got a cup of coffee and a slice of pie when I was a kid.  I could totally do the beer gig though I dig.
  • if santa has too many more beers, there is a pile of stuff in my basement that's gonna end up unwrapped.
  • if santa has too many more beers, there is a pile of stuff in my basement that's gonna end up unwrapped.

Man I remeber (barely) those days. Both my kids are past the Santa stage but we had an awesome night watching movies and laughing. We all agreed not to wake each other up before 9.

Hope you guys all have a great day tomorrow.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • thanks C-T...you too. Merry Christmas.
  • You too MQ. pretty cool thing for me tonight. I'm smoking a bunch of bacon early tomorrow and my 13 year old asked me if i could show him how it's done. then he wants to go buy a belly with me on Wednesday so I can teach him from scratch before he goes back to school. That's what I'm talking about :). Go build/wrap those toys. I'm pouring a bourbon and smoking a ham for the next fee hours.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • To keep our kids from being too excited, we would put up all the decorations, tree included on Christmas Eve. In the morning they thought Santa did it all. Sometimes the toys marked "Some Assembly Required" were not assembled just right, they were so excited they didn't seem to mind. Copious quantities of rum laced egg nog was part of the decorating routine. 
    In 1978 after hitting the rack and eating "Santa's cookies" my wife complained of indigestion, she was in labor. I still don't know how I drove to the hospital. Two hours later our daughter was born. I returned home and just made it back into bed before our two sons, age 3 and 2 jumped on my back screaming Santa had been. Best Christmas ever....
    Merry Christmas to everyone, all the best in 2013.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • that's awesome! my boys (4 and almost 7) would care about making bacon if Luke Skywalker made it...you can imagine the theme of our christmas this year.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Just finished part assembling the playmobil and getting rid of the obnoxious packaging. Lobster and bourbon food coma taking its toll. Merry Christmas to all, and to All a Goodnight.
    Lynnwood WA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    How to gain an hour of sleep Christmas AM-dial /set all the clocks back an hour after kids went to bed, then everyone up no earlier than 7 AM. In the chaos of the morning, reset all clocks to the correct time-they never caught on. I finally told them once the youngest was 15.  This was in the age before everyone had their own phone.  Merry Christmas!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    How to gain an hour of sleep Christmas AM-dial /set all the clocks back an hour after kids went to bed, then everyone up no earlier than 7 AM. 

My dogs can't read clocks :((

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    @V-I-sounds like a training issue to me!!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Growing up in San Diego, CA we always left a sandwich and a beer out for Santa and of course carrots for the Reindeer. Our logic was that he was having a long night and needed some real nourishment before continuing on.

I continued the tradition with my daughter making sure that the carrots were appropriately gnawed, the sandwich had left crumbs on the plate and the beer was empty. Always a lot of fun in my house at the holidays.  

Merry Christmas everyone!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.