Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-To All my Brothers and Sisters up north

Well, It must be Christmas time because the leaves are almost off the trees. 4 more weeks of this hell and we'll be into spring :)Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• I hear ya, C-T.  I was riding my Harley yesterday, and I was wishing I had a long sleeve shirt on.  It was pretty chilly with a t-shirt.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• I hear ya, C-T.  I was riding my Harley yesterday, and I was wishing I had a long sleeve shirt on.  It was pretty chilly with a t-shirt.

I don't see how you do it man. Stay Strong
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Here in the far North (45 miles north on I35) I am in short shirtsleeves today heading to Dallas. Burr.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    Here in the far North (45 miles north on I35) I am in short shirtsleeves today heading to Dallas. Burr.

I'm right behind you. leaving in 30
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Having grown up 45 miles south of Montreal and just 3 miles from the Great White North line of demarcation, I can appreciate the fantasitc benefits of the BGE in less than warm weather.  And I know C-T has some run-time in Wisconsin so hopefully he has some empathy.  And yes, the further south I go the better I enjoy.  Best Xmas fun I ever had was sitting (lounge chair) in the surf in Hawaii having an adult beverage or many more :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Having grown up 45 miles south of Montreal and just 3 miles from the Great White North line of demarcation, I can appreciate the fantasitc benefits of the BGE in less than warm weather.  And I know C-T has some run-time in Wisconsin so hopefully he has some empathy.  And yes, the further south I go the better I enjoy.  Best Xmas fun I ever had was sitting (lounge chair) in the surf in Hawaii having an adult beverage or many more :)>-

6 years in the great white north. I saw my friends got 2 feet of snow this week. I miss the idea of it, but not the day in day out beat down that comes with 20 below weather when you don't want it. I love a snowy day.....but I love it when I'm visiting, not digging my car out to get to work.
  • I left Texas yesterday and am now sipping a cocktail in shorts and flip flops on Pensacola beach, fl.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • At least your trees lose their leaves so you tell one season from an other, here north of the 49th in BC, evergreen is evergreen - it always looks the same, grey sky and green trees.....

Bike is "stored" for the next couple of months, I don't like wearing rain gear....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm on the verge of cranking on the AC.  It's frikin' muggy here.

• I'm on the verge of cranking on the AC.  It's frikin' muggy here.

Dog is in front of the fireplace, she likes it there because it is cool as air rushes to the hearth, while the other side is toasty with the fire's radiant. Every now and then she gets up to remind me to toss another stick on. We might get over 40F today (4C), muggy is not an issue because rain is expected later. The Saints just tied this thing before the half - My Giants need all the help they can get.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    Where are you Skiddy? I'm in kent, Wa. Your weather sounds like mine..
  • nolaegghead

Dog is in front of the fireplace, she likes it there because it is cool as air rushes to the hearth, while the other side is toasty with the fire's radiant. Every now and then she gets up to remind me to toss another stick on. We might get over 40F today (4C), muggy is not an issue because rain is expected later. The Saints just tied this thing before the half - My Giants need all the help they can get.  
    This is a good game.  Sounds like an idyllic scene.  I just SV'd a turkey and a brisket flat, made 10 pounds of potato salad, finished a low and slow brisket point.
    Hi Neighbour, or neighbor as you prefer, home is Delta, BC - 12 Kms to the 49th. 
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Here in south Florida the kids are in the pool. I don't miss my ol' Michigan winters. I sure did enjoy the summers there, though!
  • Here in south Florida the kids are in the pool. I don't miss my ol' Michigan winters. I sure did enjoy the summers there, though!
    How does Santa land on the roof without snow? Never did get that...

• I'm on the verge of cranking on the AC.  It's frikin' muggy here.

This is a good game.  Sounds like an idyllic scene.  I just SV'd a turkey and a brisket flat, made 10 pounds of potato salad, finished a low and slow brisket point.
    Thank you Saints! Albeit in OT, thank you, now it is up to Big Blue.   Sounds like a typical Sunday Nola, you have all the cooking toys doing their thing. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Mickey and CT in Dallas at the time? I'm not sure we're ready....

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Well we don't have a chimney, so there's nothing to side down anyway. We leave the cookies and a pina colada out by the pool so I guess he surfs in!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited December 2012

Thank you Saints! Albeit in OT, thank you, now it is up to Big Blue.   Sounds like a typical Sunday Nola, you have all the cooking toys doing their thing. 

Hooray saints! The "We want Dallas!" chant is starting in our nation's capital.
  • nolaegghead
    Mrs B just yelled at me about the mosquitoes in the house....so had to shut the doors. 

Another friend came over and dropped off a couple of ducks with a few pellet holes in them.  I threw them on indirect at 300.  I don't know what I'm doing...I'm used to cooking duck breasts MR, anyone know what temp I should cook the whole duck to?

• Nola, if they are wild, remove all skin and fat or throw up. Rare is the ticket.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mrs B just yelled at me about the mosquitoes in the house....so had to shut the doors. 

Another friend came over and dropped off a couple of ducks with a few pellet holes in them.  I threw them on indirect at 300.  I don't know what I'm doing...I'm used to cooking duck breasts MR, anyone know what temp I should cook the whole duck to?

Travis is right, my Mom used to part them out, roasting the breasts, always rare, maybe 135ish, 
    we had breasts for one meal, and then slow braised legs and thighs for another meal. Teals and Mallards mostly, the breast meat still quite red/pink. Legs thighs are tough - these guys work for their living, hence the braise. 
  • Rare to medium. What kind of ducks?
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • At least the Packers won today....
  • cajunduck said:
    Rare to medium. What kind of ducks?
    This is Nola - might be wet pigeons, or they may be farm raised, chances are he will have them eaten by the time he answers....
  • nolaegghead
    I have no idea.  A buddy wanted me to throw them on the egg.  He fixed some other friends trailer and they guy hooked him up with some ducks.  I've never dealt with wild ducks before.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

At least the Packers won today....

My daughter's high school team could beat the Titans. I live right outside of Nashville but don't pull for them. Congrats though...

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN