Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Comments

• Fouker187
    Fouker187 Posts: 48
    Salmon and Cornish game hens.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    You are scaring me man. Us NC guys are too much in sync. A couple of weeks ago we both did ribs. Tonight I did pizza and have a some ribeyes thawing for tomorrow.

I did finally give making my own dough a shot for tonight's pizza. It came out OK, a little room for improvement on the dough but it worked. I still need to try Papa Murphy's. We have one down the road. Looks like good pizzas from there.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    2 Butts= 14lbs for my baby's 1st b-day party tmrw and Kung Pau Shrimp/Fried Rice tonight w the inlaws. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    pizza tonight. ribs tomorrow PM, and brisket overnight tomorrow for Sunday pool party

C-T you should do a post with pics and step by steps on your Brisket cook. I'd love to see how ya do it brother
    Ok. I've done it once before but ive changed a few things. it's really simple and nothing that's not on here or the interweb 100 different ways. Glad to do it though. I think our main advantage down here is readily available high quality ingredients (aka good brisket).
    Thats no lie. Here in Central Texas, there is ALWAYS  a large supply of untrimmed packer briskets. It really makes a difference. On Fort Hood, they have 13-20 lb choice packers for $2 a pound. They are amazingly fat and marbled. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • pizza tonight. ribs tomorrow PM, and brisket overnight tomorrow for Sunday pool party

C-T you should do a post with pics and step by steps on your Brisket cook. I'd love to see how ya do it brother
    Ok. I've done it once before but ive changed a few things. it's really simple and nothing that's not on here or the interweb 100 different ways. Glad to do it though. I think our main advantage down here is readily available high quality ingredients (aka good brisket).
    Thats no lie. Here in Central Texas, there is ALWAYS  a large supply of untrimmed packer briskets. It really makes a difference. On Fort Hood, they have 13-20 lb choice packers for $2 a pound. They are amazingly fat and marbled. 

Right! When I lived in WI, I never nailed a store bought brisket. I was always chasing these trimmed up cuts that were meant to be corned beef or stew meat. once I opened the restaurant, we had a CAB certified meat counter and I was buying CAB packers in cases (6 at a time). Those were awesome but they were more $ wholesale than I can buy retail here in TX. I mean, I wouldn't buy sashimi grade tuna from TX and I wouldn't expect to find the best brisket in Jersey (sorry Taz)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Did a pork loin, portabellas, grilled romaine tonight,  Saturday I was hoping for my 1st brisket but I did not get it bought today so it is moving to Sunday.  I might try ribs tomorrow for dinner.  
  • Ellis said:

Two B Butts, first time ever. Wish me luck. 

Good luck. You won't have a problem. Watch for the stall.
  • Did a pork loin, portabellas, grilled romaine tonight,  Saturday I was hoping for my 1st brisket but I did not get it bought today so it is moving to Sunday.  I might try ribs tomorrow for dinner.  

I'm doing one tomorrow night too.. Go get one tomorrow and I'll walk you through it. I'm warning you now though, I might be drinking a wee bit of the bourbon tomorrow night :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    I picked up my first Flank Steak ever which is marinading right now, and will be doing my first pork shoulder on the Egg (did many before on other smokers).  Other than that, a couple ribeyes and then sunday I'll be making a dish inside (Guinness stew, and Irish recipe).
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Well tonight it was a fancy pants, hoighty toighty grilled cheese sammich tonight...no it wasn't....yes it was....sorry, the voices in my head are trying to take over again. Really thinking about going back and scoring that lamb breast I saw earlier. Was so cheap, even if I f' it up it won't matter. Mrs. G has been gone a loooooooong time and I if I know her (which I should by now), she'll be craving burgers. If I have the time, I'll try and bake the buns on the Egg. Gonna play around with a cookie recipe with Heath toffee bits in it, on the Egg of course, otherwise why would I mention it....of course you wouldn't mention it if it wasn't on the Egg....that's what I was saying...just shut up already.....sorry about that, damn voices.Would like to tackle paella, but we'll see. None of this has been passed by SWMBO'ed yet. Oh damn....look at the time. I really need to get to bed if I'm gonna be on time to get Mrs. G from the airport at the a$$ crack of dawn. Happy Eggin' this weekend, wish all the best and look forward to the pics.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Did Wings tonight: direct heat, 350 F for 30 min each side.   Swamp Venom, Dizzy Dust & Jamaican Fire walk so we could try each spice.  Coated with franks red hot sauce after grilling.
    After coating with hot sauce:

Doing pork shoulder tomorrow, already seasoned with dizzy dust and sitting overnight

Will be doing my first brisket on Sunday.  A little nervous so I went with a 4.5 lb flat as a learning experience.
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

Thought I would throw on a little PP. Here is the going on image. I will update more in the morning. Doing indirect 200° for the first 6 hours and now I'm at 225°image

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• LizzieSamps

Did a pork loin, portabellas, grilled romaine tonight,  Saturday I was hoping for my 1st brisket but I did not get it bought today so it is moving to Sunday.  I might try ribs tomorrow for dinner.  

I'm doing one tomorrow night too.. Go get one tomorrow and I'll walk you through it. I'm warning you now though, I might be drinking a wee bit of the bourbon tomorrow night :)
    Ok, can't wait!! Hmm might have to get the mixings for beer-Rita's too!
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Man.....wish I could find those in New England. I have found packers, but not even close to $2/lb.

I'm still stuck working out of town, so cooking for me this weekend. My job ends next week, and then it's home for about a month....so there will lots of catching up to do.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    pizza tonight. ribs tomorrow PM, and brisket overnight tomorrow for Sunday pool party

The Cen-Tex Smoker is talking about or 4 - 5 lb flats. I guess I need to check a wharehouse store but we let our BJ's membership run out since we do not go there often. May need to join back up since I have the egg now. Of course I have no idea if they have whole packers at our store though. I didn't have an egg or look for such things when we were members.
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    edited July 2012

Here is the finish. In cooler now. I used a 50/50 mix of white grape juice/ apple cider vinegar in the drip pan. Applewood for the smoke.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Everything in my freezer.  It just died.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    2 porterhouses at a combined weight of 3.5#, a new york strip and a thin cut rib eye. Good stuff
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • a couple whole chickens cut up in about a dozen pieces...fresh out of the garden corn on the cobb....and some stuffed jalapeno peppers...cold beverage..
  • LizzieSamps
    Just finished Salmon on the salt rox, and getting ready to prep my 14 lb packer brisket for tomorrow.
  • WickedIsland
    WickedIsland Posts: 153
    Strip steaks, asparagus and sweet potatoes tonight. Maybe my first Spatchcock tomorrow
  • ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Did tri tip today, costco came through again. Got a butt to start tonight for a pp lunch tomorrow. Got a 3 pack of BB's, but they may have to keep for later.
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Cedar Plank King Salmon from Alaskan fishing trip. Grilled squash, peppers, and onions. May be the best I have ever done. Food was consumed before pictures.
  • Results of my pork shoulder.  300 F, PS down, for 3 hours, dizzy dust & some red wine vinegar.

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    SALSA - fire roasted tomatillas and jalapenos with local ripe plum tomatoes/cilantro/onion/lime . . . Finished in blender then chilled . . enough to freeze ! Also did a spatch chicken with brine found in dr bbq's book "slow fire" with herb butter under the skin . . .image
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Alchemist . . What was your internal temp when you pulled the meat?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Ribs. WOW they were so good.
  • Started my bacon cure today. Tritip tomorrow with ABT for appetizer, veggies, pineapple with pineapple head rub.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Finished product yest. No leftovers= not happy. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • So far we've done fajitas on Saturday, hash browns, bacon and eggs for Sunday brunch and brining a chicken for Tuscan spatchcock Sunday supper with grilled squash, zucchini, tomato gratin. I'm loving cooking on cast iron in the egg this weekend!!