Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Rubmyrock
Rubmyrock Posts: 266
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I stopped by Papa Murphy's - a specialty take home pizza parlor in Rock Hill SC. Picture below... Tomorrow its ribeyes, microbrew and our usual Saturday night pool party. How about you guys?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• pizza tonight. ribs tomorrow PM, and brisket overnight tomorrow for Sunday pool party

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Grilling chicken breasts to chop and serve with homemade white BBQ sauce, cole slaw, squash casserole, and apple dumplins
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    • Splitting a beef filet tonight and a salad.
    • Saturday - having a cookout with two other bloggers and their families at their lakehouse, no Egg on site :(
    • Sunday - smoking a nice chuck roast
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344

pizza tonight. ribs tomorrow PM, and brisket overnight tomorrow for Sunday pool party

C-T you should do a post with pics and step by steps on your Brisket cook. I'd love to see how ya do it brother
  • Burgers tonight... hopefully something else at some point.  Going to be a crazy weekend (guests coming to town)
  • JWBurns
    I'm doing my first spatch chicken, prime fillets, and then roasted cod with steak fries on Sunday
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Right now I have a rack of babybacks on. I'm doing a modified Car Wash method. I started with a mustard base then sprinkled a light coating of pineapple head and a normal coating of shakin the tree. They've been on about 3 hours. Earlier this week I picked up some Cherryaki Marinade and I just put the 1st coating on them. I can't wait to see how these turn out. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    Hopefully doing my first pork shoulder on the egg this weekend.
    XL BGE
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Just put on 4 boston buttes for a party tomorrow night.  Chicken breasts with a balsamic glaze and acorn squash tonight.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• turok
    turok Posts: 28
    Succulent pork candy on a bone. Mmm...
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    hoping for an invite to any of the above...or below for that matter....
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Going to try Travis brisket recipe. Will post some pic..!

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Gotta work all weekend, and have parties to attend both saturday, and sunday.  :((

On a positive note I think my mom is doing turbo ribs for sundays b-day party(s). Mom, sister, and wife are all within 10 days of each other.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    PairraBonelessPorkShoulders from Costco
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    My grinder arrives tomorrow via Fedex.  I'm defrosting short ribs and will pick up some chuck roast.  Just wish I knew what would be good to mix into the grind for seasoning.  I hope to be doing burgers and steak fries.  I always do extra burgers so I can wolf one down in the early AM and go back to bed.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Meat Loaf here.  I'm also going to try some French Fry experiments I've been plotting for a couple months now; will start a separate thread if I learn something useful.  

Oh, a question for you Meat Loaf experts:  I've been using two eggs with 2 lbs of ground meat and a cup of panko crumbs; does anyone think just one egg would be enough to hold 'er together?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JWBurns said:

pizza tonight. ribs tomorrow PM, and brisket overnight tomorrow for Sunday pool party

C-T you should do a post with pics and step by steps on your Brisket cook. I'd love to see how ya do it brother
    Ok. I've done it once before but ive changed a few things. it's really simple and nothing that's not on here or the interweb 100 different ways. Glad to do it though. I think our main advantage down here is readily available high quality ingredients (aka good brisket).
  • Brownie
    edited July 2012
    Meat Loaf here.  I'm also going to try some French Fry experiments I've been plotting for a couple months now; will start a separate thread if I learn something useful.  

Oh, a question for you Meat Loaf experts:  I've been using two eggs with 2 lbs of ground meat and a cup of panko crumbs; does anyone think just one egg would be enough to hold 'er together?  
    I use one egg and 2 slices of bread saturated with milk. I have no idea how that would translate to 1 cup of panko. Oh I have a side note on my recipe that says 1/2 cup if using bread crumbs.
  • Pork ribs with Dizzy Dust, heck yea.
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    70 wings and 22 Pig Shots.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • JWBurns

JWBurns said:

Ok. I've done it once before but ive changed a few things. it's really simple and nothing that's not on here or the interweb 100 different ways. Glad to do it though. I think our main advantage down here is readily available high quality ingredients (aka good brisket).
    I don't think we'd ever get bored following along on a brisket cook!

Jason
  • Brownie

I don't think we'd ever get bored following along on a brisket cook! Jason
    Or the brisket cook shenanigans!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Today, I am doing chicken thighs, marinated in a recipe wife found. I skewer them and once cooked cut them down the middle. Chicken thigh candy.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    calzones tonight and tomorrow gonna try a stuff pork loin 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • dtun1
    dtun1 Posts: 32
    Teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin cut into chops. They will marinade overnight. Will cook them over indirect heat at 350. Cherry wood will be used for smoke flavor.
  • JWBurns said:

JWBurns said:

I don't think we'd ever get bored following along on a brisket cook!

Jason
    Yeah, I've had a few eventful cooks lately :). It may taste like crap but if it does, there will be a story to explain why.
  • tytandad
    tytandad Posts: 1
    6 b butts and 4 brisket. Baseball games tomorrow and serving lunch for 2 teams at noon. Started the egg at noon today.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Trying my hand at some Pig Shots and will do either a pork shoulder or some babybacks on Sunday.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Pork ribs with Dizzy Dust, heck yea.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Here you go, ready for tomorrow. Love it!
    :D
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Two B Butts, first time ever. Wish me luck.