Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Spare Rib Attempt - Car Wash Mike Method (Pic heavy)

Options
HofstraJet
HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
Today is my first ever attempt at ribs in any form. Car Wash Mike's method seems like a great easy way to start so here we go. I'm using spare ribs instead of baby back so cooking time will be longer.

The Ribs

I had to split the racks as they were too big for the large and unwieldy to deal with. Hope that doesn't screw things up.  :o

So here we go. Dizzy Dust on the bottom...

mustard on the top (I hate yellow mustard so this was tough to accept, but since there is no flavor added...)...

more Dizzy Dust (I now see why they sell rubs in 5 lb bags)...

cleaned out the pit...

got my CGS smoking woods ready (glad I bought them when I got my AR) ...

stabilized the egg at 225 (thermometer is rotated so I can monitor temp from inside house - I put target temp at 12:00 so it's easy to see where I am), PS and drip pan on the Woo2 with CI grid, and then added wood to start the 30 minute pre-smoke and off it goes (held my hand over the smoke and it was delicious)...

Ribs go on shortly. Will update throughout the day.
Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments